Chapter 40

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 40: NO! PLEASE LOOK AT ME!

 

“Angel…” Daehyun sighed before making eye contact with his boyfriend. He could see confusion and guilt in those beautiful eyes of Jongup. How could he be mad at the boy in front of him? What made the younger think so?

 

“Why would I be mad at you?” Daehyun tilted his head to the side and poked his tongue on his inside cheek. He deliberately trained his intense gaze on the person before him, causing Jongup to be flustered. The latter casted his gaze downwards and fixed his eyes on his rice bowl. He hummed slightly while trying to find the right words to say to the older. He’s just different, I could feel it. What am I going to say to him? He was not telling Yongguk anything last night too. 

 

“You didn’t tell me you’re going outstation beforehand like you always did. And…” Jongup stopped his sentence as he was not sure if it was right to say it out loud. His hunch was telling him that Daehyun was being distant with him after last night’s event.

 

“And…?”

 

Jongup took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly. Right, nothing will happen if I just keep it to myself. The best way to solve this is through communication.

 

“You…were kind of not talking to me after we got back from the cinema. So I thought you were mad at me… you know, for not telling Jimin about us.” Jongup said matter-of-factly, which earned him a laughing Daehyun. Jongup blinked his eyes, not believing the sight before him. Seriously, what’s so funny? He was talking about a serious matter but his boyfriend could laugh it off.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with hiding our relationship, angel. We’ve already discussed about it, right? It was my fault for almost telling him. I’m sorry for that.” Daehyun replied, smiling briefly before gulping down his orange juice. Somehow, Daehyun’s choices of words had unintentionally hurt Jongup’s feelings.

 

Jongup trained his eyes on the table as he tried to calm his aching heart. He did not know why but it hurt so much to hear it from Daehyun. He himself wanted to hide their current relationship and the latter was just following his request. He even told Jimin that they were only friends and Daehyun, being a protective employer he was, held his hand because he almost tripped on his way to the bathroom last night.  

 

Why am I like this? Why do I feel sad about it? Jongup frowned when he could not understand himself. Was it because of his hormones? It was just yesterday that he denied them and it kind of freaked him out for having a change of heart so drastically today, this very morning.

 

“Hey, love…?” Daehyun who had been staring at the quiet Jongup, decided to break the silence. He leaned forward and reached for the younger’s hand gingerly. He could see the frown was getting deeper on Jongup’s pretty face and he did not like it. The warm touch had successfully brought the pregnant boy back to reality and his heart skipped a beat when he looked up and locked his eyes with the young Jung.

 

“Y-Yes?” Jongup stuttered a reply. His other free hand was clutching his pants because he suddenly felt breathless. His heart was hammering hard against his chest and he felt lightheaded when Daehyun gave him his dazzling smile. What is wrong with me?

 

“You’re frowning hard. What were you thinking?” Daehyun questioned which earned him a blinking Jongup.

 

“Uh…it-it’s, uh…n-nothing much. I was wondering how long you are going to Japan this time.” Jongup blurted out whatever crossed his mind. Wait, what?! He was going to correct his words but Daehyun was fast to beat him.

 

“Why? You can’t stand being far from your Teddy for a long time?” Here came the unexpected reply. Blood rushed to Jongup’s cheeks in record time and he quickly broke their eye contact when the older was looking at him with a teasing smile.

 

“N-No…”

 

“You’re blushing, baby.” Daehyun stated nonchalantly. A throaty laugh escaped from his lips when Jongup pulled his hand from his grip and covered his pink-tinted face.

 

 

A small blue velvet box that was residing inside the top drawer of the nightstand was taken out and after giving one last glance to the ring in his grasp, he carefully put it back in the box. Jongup decided that he would take the ring with him this time, internally hoping that he could sort his mind and heart out while being away from Jung Daehyun for five days.

 

The pregnant boy double-checked the things that he had packed in the luggage before zipping it close. As if on cue, there was a few knocks on the door and Jongup answered it quickly. Daehyun opened the door and stepped inside. The older whistled when his eyes landed on the luggage on the bed. Jongup took a deep breath in and faced Daehyun who was now looking at him with those warm eyes.

 

“Are you done?”

 

“Yeah.” Jongup simply replied and watched his boyfriend took the luggage.

 

“Let’s go then.” Daehyun held his free hand out, palm facing the sky. Jongup glanced at the hand once before holding it and letting the older intertwined their fingers like he usually did nowadays. The younger caught a bright smile on Daehyun’s face from the corner of his eyes and he could not help but wonder why the older was so happy despite being different from the morning. Was it just his feeling?

 

The ride was filled with silence as Daehyun busied himself with reading his seminar material, or so Jongup thought he was. The young Jung seemed so focus on his iPad that Jongup did not want to bother him and let the slow music from the radio entertained him. He looked out of this window with a faint pout on his lip and absentmindedly watched the busy streets. Slowly but surely, the young boyfriend started to drift in and out of sleep.

 

“Young master Daehyun…” Adjusshi, the driver, carefully called Daehyun. The latter was startled slightly but he responded nonetheless.

 

“Jongup has fallen asleep.”  Adjusshi stated matter-of-factly. Daehyun averted his gaze from the iPad and watched as Jongup was fast asleep with his head tilted to the side. He smirked before putting the gadget away and slid closer to the sleeping boy. Carefully, he put Jongup’s head on his shoulder and after making sure that the younger was not disturbed by those movements, Daehyun spoke briefly.

 

“Adjusshi, proceed Plan B.”

 

“Plan B it is.” Said driver muttered a reply as he the indicator to switch lane. The young Jung took out his phone and happily captured a selca of himself and a sleeping Jongup. A warm smile was stretched across from Adjusshi’s face as he witnessed how happy his young master was after the presence of a certain boy, Moon Jongup.

 

A few of gentle shakes and a soft on his cheek, Jongup flustered his eyes open. He blinked a few times to get rid of the sleepiness and confusedly looked around. Eh? Before Jongup’s brain could even register more, he was fully awakened by Daehyun’s face that was so close to his. His eyes widened when the older suddenly planted a kiss on his forehead.

 

Jongup gasped before jerking away. He looked around and found that Adjusshi was not in his seat. Daehyun chuckled when he saw Jongup panicked. He knew the younger was acting like that because of the kiss. His boyfriend would not mind if he kissed him in the apartment or when there was just the two of them, but not in the public. An affection that would cause blood rushed to Jongup’s chubby cheeks and honestly, Daehyun liked to tease Jongup for that.

 

“Had a good nap, love?” Daehyun spoke and earned him a few nods from Jongup. The latter cleared his throat as he shyly scratched his temple.

 

“Y-Yeah, thank you.”

 

“For what?” Daehyun purposedly asked. Jongup could not find his voice anymore, so he pointed at the older’s shoulder. The young Jung grinned before replying.

 

“Anything for you, baby. So, if you’re fully awake now, let’s go.”

 

Jongup watched Daehyun hopped off the car and he turned his head to the other side when his door was suddenly opened, courtesy of Adjusshi. He looked around and realized that they were at the airport and not at the Kim’s house. Jongup looked at Daehyun, silently asking for an explanation. They were supposed to send Jongup first before heading to the airport. But why was he at the airport now?

 

“I’m sorry. Why didn’t you wake me up?” Jongup questioned. He thought that Daehyun did not want to disturb his nap when they passed the route to the Kim’s House, unaware that the older had something planned in his head from yesterday. Daehyun pretended not to hear the other and silently holding his hand out. Jongup looked at the hand confusedly.

 

“Enjoy your holiday, Jongup.” Adjusshi said before bidding goodbye to the clueless Jongup.

 

“Wait, what?” Jongup asked, more like asking himself.

 

“You heard him, angel.” Daehyun piped in and urged Jongup to take his hand. The latter blindly held onto it and stared at his boyfriend in disbelief. Are you for real?

 

“Like what you see?” the older teased, causing Jongup’s face to redden in embarrassment. He tore his gaze away, and pulled his hand from Daehyun’s grasp only to link his arm around his boyfriend’s. It would be easier for the young Jung to navigate the trolley. They slowly walk through the entrance.

 

“Baby, say something.” The silence between them was torturous to Daehyun. Jongup was so quiet that he even had a thought the younger did not like the idea of going on a vacation with him.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?”

 

“It won’t be called a surprise if I told you.”

 

“Surprise?” Jongup questioned back. Daehyun nodded as he continued explaining about this so-called vacation. 

 

He had already planned for this vacation for quite a while but due to his accident and broken arm, he had to postpone it until he got better. He already consulted Dr. Ailee regarding Jongup’s pregnancy and travelling overseas. It was such a concern now that his boyfriend was reaching 28 weeks and to plan for an overseas babymoon, it took Daehyun quite a long time to decide. Luckily his beloved ones were in good condition, so the doctor issued a certificate, permitting Jongup for overseas travel.

 

“Teddy…you d-don’t have to—”

 

“But I want to.” Daehyun interrupted and slowly pushed Jongup to sit down on the bench. He then crouched down in front of the pregnant boy and gingerly held both of his hands. They made eye contact and the young Jung gave him his killer smile, causing Jongup’s heart unconsciously skipped a beat. Again?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter