Chapter 3

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3: YEAH... I MISS YOU TOO

 

“Dae, don’t call him that. He has a name and it’s Jongup. Jong.Up.” Jaejoong mentally face palmed himself.

 

He did not know what else to do with the youngest son of his. Sometimes he just wished that Yunho would listen to him when his husband decided to send Daehyun to further his study abroad before. Looked at what he had turned into. Jaejoong sighed heavily. Well, it was not that Daehyun started to misbehave after he was in UK, instead, he was like that even before he went there and the parents could not comprehend why their son was having this attitude. It was so sudden, really…and it got worse after he came back from his studies, two years ago.

 

“Okay. Sorry…Jong.Down.” Daehyun teased. Jongup frowned slightly before he quickly schooled his face. He tried to form a smile, but it turned out to be a bitter one. Jaejoong who noticed the changes on Jongup’s facial expression could not help but feel sorry. The young boy had enough with the situation he was currently in, and he now had to deal with his naughty son.

 

“Jongup, please excuse us for a moment. Daehyun, come here.” Jaejoong said before he grabbed Daehyun’s forearm and forced his son to follow him to the corner of the room, away from the confused Jongup.

 

“Mom, Daehyunnie is hurt. Please be gentle.” Daehyun said in a kiddy tone. Jaejoong glared before he pinched the young man’s arm hard. That action made the latter winced and quickly rubbed the sore spot.

 

“Why did y—”

 

“Dae, listen here. Jongup will be the last person I hire to look after you…and if, he too, run away from the job…that’s it. You’re going to move in back to the mansion. You heard me, Daehyun?” Jaejoong firmly said, eyes sharply trained on his son’s face. He could tell the latter was shocked by looking at his gaping mouth and wide eyes.

 

“Mom. That’s…very heartless of you.” Daehyun said, hands clutched at his chest as to show that Jaejoong’s words hurt his feeling. The beautiful old man internally groaned. Look at your son, Yunho. God, what have I done in my previous life, really?

 

“I have to, Dae. Now, if you don’t want to go back to the mansion…and if you want to live your life freely…please be nice to Jongup, okay? He’s had enough, I feel sorry for him.” Jaejoong said and turned to look at Jongup who was immersing himself in looking around the huge room.

 

“Fine.” Daehyun unwillingly said. He rolled his eyes when he caught his mother was looking dearly at Jongup. Mom and his soft heart... That kid, is seriously in deep trouble. Tsk.

 

“Good boy.” Jaejoong said and ruffled his son’s hair. Daehyun’s jaw dropped and stared at his mother in disbelief. My hair…

 

“Nice hair, son.” Jaejoong said teasingly before he walked back to the sofa. Daehyun followed from behind, hands were busy styling his hair back.

 

“So, when can you start, Jongup?” Jaejoong smiled. Jongup returned it before he opened his mouth to speak.

 

“Preferably today.” Jaejoong turned his head toward his son. It was Daehyun who replied him, not Jongup. Daehyun gave an innocent look toward them and Jaejoong could only shake his head.

 

“Is that okay with you?” Jaejoong asked and this time, Jongup only nodded his head. Jongup wanted to say that he would like to start tomorrow because it would be nice if he could tell Yifan first about this but, seeing the glare that was thrown at him by the young Jung, he could not help but agree to it reluctantly.

 

“Good, follow me then. Mom, I’m going now. I’ll just email to you about the plan for SK Project.” Daehyun got up and without turning his head to the back, he walked out of the room.

 

Jongup widened his eyes for he did not expect that he had to start his work right away. He locked eyes with Jaejoong who looked at him apologetically. The elder apologized on his son’s behalf before he gestured Jongup to quickly follow Daehyun. Jongup bowed his head to Jaejoong before he stalked his way out of the office. He barely lost the way if he did not catch a glimpse of Daehyun who made a turn at the corner. Jongup briskly walked and held back a scream that was almost escaped from his lips when he bumped into something or precisely, someone right after he made a turn at the corner. Ow, my nose… Jongup prevented himself from falling by grabbing the nearest wall.

 

“Yah!” Jongup flinched when he heard that voice. He looked up and immediately regretted it when he was met with a fierce-looking Daehyun. The young boy immediately avoided making any eye contact with the other.

 

“Where the hell do you put your eyes, huh? And why are you so slow…shorty?” Daehyun said through his gritted teeth. He silently smirked as he eyed the trembling boy in front of him. Actually, Daehyun purposely stood there and true to his calculation in mind, his maid would definitely bump into him when the latter tried to follow him. As he wanted to give more impact, Daehyun slowly closed their gap and leaned his head down a bit so that their face would only be an inch distance. Jongup backed away reflexively and he fisted both hands as if to give himself strength and not shaking violently.

 

“I hate it when people don’t look at me when I’m talking.” Daehyun said with that significant cold tone. Jongup hesitantly looked up when he heard that statement and unconsciously bit his bottom lip when his eyes met Daehyun’s penetrating ones.

 

“This is your first task. Do you see that door?” Daehyun pointed at the closed door nearby. Jongup quietly followed the gesture and he noticed the door that had ‘emergency exit’ written above it.

 

“I want you to use that staircase and go down to 14th floor. That’s where my office is and you’re given 2 minutes for that. Make sure you’re there before I even step into my office. Got it?” Daehyun briefly explained and he enjoyed seeing how Jongup’s face paled. Shock was written all over his face and he could not belief what he was asked to do. That doesn’t make any sense. How am I going to go from 27th to 14th floor within 2 minutes?

 

“B-But it’s—” Jongup wanted to say something but was immediately cut off by heartless Daehyun.

 

“No buts. It’s your punishment for being slow…and bumping into me.” Daehyun slyly said before he stepped away from the dumfounded Jongup.

 

Jongup who was still in shock, stared at Daehyun who was walking away while whistling happily. He snapped from his trance when he realized the time was ticking and without second thought, Jongup ran toward the door. He mentally talked to himself that that hot-tempered man was not giving him task. Instead, Daehyun was just bullying him and if he were not in the pressured situation, he would not ever let himself be bullied like that. He really wished he could have the power to say no but…yeah, he needed that money for Yifan and their daily expenses, so he needed to stand all of this. Plus, he reminded himself that he was already engaged to a 6-month contract and there was no turning back now.

 

By the time Jongup reached the 14th floor, he was already panting. He honestly was not a sport person and just by running down the staircase was already making him sweat. He entered the department and the workers in the office looked at him with questioning look. Jongup blushed when he felt everyone’s eyes were on him. Who would not be curious with the sudden presence of a young boy who was having cheeks dusted in crimson and was panting?

 

“Yes? Is there anything I can help you with?” A man decided to ask the flustered Jongup and he mentally thanked him for saving him from the awkward situation.

 

“Y-Yes, I’m looking for Daehyun-ssi’s office.” Jongup answered.

 

“Daehyun-ssi? Oh, I’m his secretary. This way, please.” The man politely said before he showed Jongup the way to Daehyun’s room. Jongup thanked him as he followed the worker.

 

“I’m Kim Jongdae. And you’re…?”

 

“Jongup. Moon Jongup.”

 

“I see. So, do you make an appointment to meet Daehyun-ssi?” Jongdae asked. Jongup was about to answer him when suddenly a door in front of them was opened, revealing a serious Daehyun. Jongup froze in his spot when he saw Daehyun who was leaning against the door frame. Oh my God, I’m late, aren’t I? I’m so doomed.

 

“Yo, man. This boy here said he’s looking for you.” Chen nonchalantly told Daehyun who just clicked his tongue. He casually handed a file to Chen before he gestured a finger toward Jongup, indicating the boy to enter his room. Jongup made his way into the room and flinched again when the door was purposely being slammed shut.

 

“You’re 1 minute and 26 seconds late.” Daehyun said, voice was as serious as his face. Jongup gulped his saliva down his dry throat.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I’d tried m—”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter