Chapter 16

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 16: KEEP POUTING AND I'LL KISS YOU

 

Daehyun tried hard to focus on the documents he was reviewing in his office but to no avail. It was getting harder when the only thing that he could think of was a simple reply from Jongup. He grabbed his phone that was purposely put on his table after he sent a text message to his maid, asking him not to come to his office this afternoon. Usually, whenever he texted the other, he would receive a reply but not today. And that was what making him frowned even more. He clicked his tongue in frustration when his phone did not even make a single sound indicating any incoming message or call.

 

"Should I call him? Is it too much?" Daehyun asked himself as he intensely stared at the blank phone screen. His train of thoughts was interrupted by a few knocks on the door. He kept his phone away as he asked whoever outside to come in. The young Jung pretended to be busy as someone approached his table.

 

"B-Boss..."

 

"Hmm..."

 

"The project plan for Seungri Department Store is completed. Would you like to review it?" Daehyun stopped running his eyes blankly over some words on the document and looked up with a serious face. He saw his employee immediately casted her head down while clutching the file close to her chest.

 

"That's fast. Are you sure it's the excellent one?" He asked monotonously. He held out his hand and his employee quickly passed the file to him.

 

"That's the best we can do, boss." She answered shortly. Daehyun flipped through some pages and all he could see was annoying alphabets. He sighed before he closed the file and put it on his table. The employee who was standing in front of him started to fidget in fear.

 

"I'll review it later."

 

"N-Ne?" The employee unintentionally widened her eyes in disbelief. This was not what she was expecting for. She thought Daehyun would return the file back to her and asked her team to redo it, like he usually did before whenever he flipped through any file. His hawk eyes would always fast at finding mistakes but it seemed like the young Jung was different today.

 

"I said I'll review it. Is there any problem?" Daehyun retorted which earned him a shake of head from his employee.

 

"No."

 

"Then, you may go." The young boss quickly dismissed his employee who bowed her head and left the room.

 

Daehyun returned to do his work half-heartedly. Only when the clock showed that it was already 5 minutes passed 12pm that he stopped whatever he was doing. He stared at his phone again and when he saw no new notification, he quickly stood up and walked out from his office. His department was in silence as everyone went for lunch, and he was sure Jongdae was on a lunch date with Minseok again. Probably that kid forgot to reply me...

 

The young Jung could not help but feel worried for not getting any news from his maid. Without having second thought, he dialed Jongup's number while waiting for the elevator to reach his floor. Daehyun frowned when he was greeted by a female operator instead of the younger's sweet voice. Yah... Did he switched off his phone? Or does he forget to charge his phone? He clicked his tongue in annoyance and unconsciously abused the elevator button.

 

Ding!

 

"Oh, Daehyun-ah." Said person was jolted out from his trance and was greeted by the sight of his parents who were in the elevator. Daehyun entered it and stood next to his father.

 

"Dad, mom." And so the three of them rode the elevator to the lobby.

 

"You're alone, son?" Yunho asked his youngest son who nodded his head in reply.

 

"Yeah, Chen has gone out for lunch already."

 

"Why didn't you join him?"

 

"He's probably having a lunch date with his boyfriend today. I don't want to be the third wheel."

 

"Right! Today is Wednesday, isn't it?" Jaejoong who had been silent since then spoke. Yunho turned to look at his beautiful wife with questioning eyes.

 

"What's with Wednesday?"

 

"Aigoo... Yeobo~ how could you forget about it? It's the day that Jongup has to bring lunch for him here. It's a special request from this beloved son of yours."

 

"Oh, right. The one that we talked about before. That one that seems like Dae's bullying him, am I right Jagi?" Yunho purposely said it in front of Daehyun once he remembered about it. Jaejoong chuckled lightly while he eyed his son at the corner of his eyes. The young Jung cleared his throat as he tried to come up with something to back him up.

 

“Well, I already inform him not to come today.”

 

“Daehyun, you know he should not be doing that after this, right?” Yunho calmly asked. Jaejoong silently nodded his head in agreement. Jongup was now expecting and it would be a burden for the pregnant boy when he started showing. Their employees would really think that his son was really a cruel person which was not really true.

 

“Don’t worry, Dad. I’ll make sure he does not even need to step out of that apartment.” Daehyun retorted playfully. Yunho and Jaejoong laughed.

 

“That’s too much, young man.” Jaejoong said. Daehyun grinned before he continued.

 

“Nah, I was just joking.”

 

“Since Jongup will not bring you lunch today, wanna come have lunch with us?” The mother asked in concern. Daehyun pressed his lips into thin line as he thought of a reply. He was in hurry before because he was thinking to just go back home so that he knew how Jongup had been doing.

 

“Your mom is right. It’s been a while we don’t eat lunch outside together.” Yunho interjected. The elevator doors were opened as they reached the ground floor. As much as Daehyun wanted to decline the invitation, he could not help but agree with his parents. It really had been a while since the last time they had lunch during weekdays together.

 

“Okay, dad. Let’s have lunch together.” Daehyun replied and earned a few pats on his back from his father. Jaejoong smiled and continued listening to the father-son conversation. However, he stopped walking when his eyes caught a glimpse of someone that he knew.

 

“Dae, you really told Jongup not to come here today, right?” Jaejoong asked as he turned to look at his son. Daehyun’s brows creased in confusion when he was questioned like that, nevertheless he nodded his head.

 

“Yes, I texted him this morning.”

 

“So, what is he doing here?” The mother pointed his index finger toward the reception. Daehyun and Yunho turned their head in unison and the former’s eyes widened in disbelief upon seeing the one he wanted to see. Without saying anything, Daehyun left his parents and walked to the counter. Yunho and Jaejoong looked at each other with questioning eyes before they followed their son’s steps.

 

It was not a lie to say that Daehyun was relieved to see Jongup before his eyes. He did not have a talk with the younger this morning since the latter was still in his deep sleep and the young master did not have the heart to wake him up. What more when he did not get any reply from the other when he texted him. Daehyun made a mental note to reprimand his maid for disobeying his order not to come. His condition and also the baby’s were more important than his job at the moment.

 

“Are you making up excuses now, mister? I’m sorry but I can’t le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter