Chapter 39

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 39: ARE YOU MAD AT ME?

 

A few knocks on the door was heard and before Taehyung could ask whoever was on the other side of the room, the door was opened revealing a blinking JHope. He made an incredulous look and gesturing his hands toward Taehyung who was still lying on his back on the bed with his phone in his hands. They had just arrived Seoul last night from their world tour concert in Vancouver and Taehyung wanted nothing than to have a rest for the whole day and night.

 

But JHope had something else on his mind and he wanted to tag Taehyung along too. He already told the younger his plan this afternoon and though his invitation was declined politely, he would not give up in dragging Taehyung out of his bed. JHope casually stepped into the room, causing Taehyung to internally groan and covered his face with a pillow. JHope clicked his tounge at his dongsaeng’s fail attempt of pretending to sleep.

 

“Get up, dongsaeng-ah. You know I won’t stop bugging you until you say yes.” JHope was now bouncing on the bed, bothering Taehyung to no end.

 

“Go away.” Taehyung’s voice was muffled by the pillow but JHope could understand it. He shook his head and childishly continued bouncing on the bed.

 

“Na’ah. Come, let’s go. The movie is about to start in 2 hours. Don’t you feel sorry for this hyung, eo?” JHope pleaded while poking the side of the younger. Taehyung squirmed away and after a few more times of poking and pushing away, Taehyung finally gave up.

 

“Okay, okay! I’ll go, happy?” JHope exclaimed happily and left the room, not before turning around to rush the younger to get ready as fast as possible. Taehyung sighed before reaching for his phone on the bed. He looked on the screen and no new notification from Jongup. The latter was quiet for a few hours already, probably was busy doing something else. Might as well get yourself occupied, Taehyung-ah. You can go visit him tomorrow.

 

Taehyung dressed up casually and walked out of his room to find JHope with the ‘lovebirds’. That was what he called Jimin and Jungkook after the so-called grand revelation of their relationship at the concert a month ago, or so he thought it was. He would feel uncomfortable whenever they had their PDA before him and he just wanted to smack the maknae’s head for having his signature smirk on his face whenever he caught Taehyung staring at them.

 

Though they did not publicly announced that they were dating, but Taehyung knew they were. Only stupid people could not see how affectionate they were to each other. Nevertheless, one grateful thing that happened in his life was that his broken friendship with Jimin was slowly getting better. They finally had a proper talk a few weeks ago, after Taehyung decided to apologize for whatever he did to the latter. They started to talk, but not too friendly like they used to.

 

“Oh, Tae you’re ready? Let’s get going now.” JHope said as he got up from the sofa. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Jimin and Jungkook were also following JHope as well. He pointed at them while calling for the older. Everyone halted to look at the dumbfounded young Kim.

 

“They’re going too?”

 

“Of course, the more the merrier!” JHope innocently replied. Taehyung resisted the urge to roll his eyes right in front of them and only scratched his temple to find his words. For some reasons, he did not like to spend his time together with those two, more like he did not like to witness how possessive and protective Jeon Jungkook was to Jimin. It was such an eyesore to him.

 

“Why don’t you guys go ahead then? I’m just going back to sleep.” Taehyung retorted and turning around, but JHope caught the back of his jumper in record time and practically dragged him to the door.

 

“What’s with the attitude, bro? I’m asking nicely, so you better come and watch that movie with us.” JHope’s tone was laced with annoyance and Taehyung could not help but follow the others to the cinema.

 

Upon reaching the said cinema, JHope excused himself to get some popcorns and drinks. Being the gentleman he was, Jungkook followed JHope to get Jimin and himself some snacks. Jimin awkwardly scratched his nape for being left alone with Taehyung. Though they were okay for now, it seemed a bit hard for Jimin to act that everything was okay. His heart was unfortunately beating for his ex-best friend, still. He knew he should stop having this feelings but it was easier said than done.

 

“So, is this movie a really good one?” Taehyung broke the awkward silence between them. Jimin glanced at the other and hummed.

 

“You have no idea what movie we’re going to watch, don’t you?” replied Jimin which earned him a sheepish smile from the former.

 

Meanwhile, Daehyun shifted uncomfortably on the couple seat he sat with Jongup at the very back of the standard hall of cinema. As chosen by none other than his Moon Jongup, they went with an action movie and Daehyun insisted to take a couple seat at the back of the hall. The young Jung internally sighed as he hugged himself tightly. If only he insisted to buy tickets for a premiere class or even better with the tempur beds, he would not feel this annoyed. Blame his weak heart for following Jongup’s wise words of not wasting his money for something like this. Like what?! Wait, it was also his own fault for choosing such seating.

 

That afternoon, they went to see a doctor for Daehyun’s arm and rib. Fortunately, he was getting better after all the physiotheraphy sessions that he diligently went to and took medicines on time. He could not thank Jongup enough for being such a caring boyfriend who always reminded him about his medicines and cooked healthy food for him. Now, he could have his arm sling-free and could have his arms around Jongup wihout having those occasional dull pain in his chest and arm. As to celebrate his recovery, Daehyun decided to take Jongup to a movie that night.

 

He was finally free but the only problem he had right now was that he could not cuddle with his beloved boyfriend. Why? For some reasons, Daehyun had to tolerate with Jongup who would always feel warm though the temperature was quite cold. He learned through his reading on pregnancy that due to the changing in hormones, pregnant people would feel warm and that was why they would sweat even when the weather was not too hot. He managed to sneakily hug the younger for the first two weeks of their relationship but then Jongup, as polite as he could, had told him that he was not feeling comfortable with the affection. And Daehyun respected Jongup for talking about this with him.

 

For now, he needed to deal with this coldness on his own and not to bother Jongup who was so focused on watching the movie. He cursed under his breath because the coldness was continuously eating his skin and his leather jacket was not helping at all. Why is this hall so cold?! We’re not even halfway through the movie yet! Little did he knew, his grumpy session was noticed by Jongup. He silently eyed the older from the corner of his eyes.

 

He was feeling sorry because he knew Daehyun was feeling cold and to be honest, he really waited for the older to ask his permission to cuddle with him. It was the only way to get warmth as they did not have blacket or sweater with them. However, he knew despite of all that, Daehyun would never take advantage of the situation, not after the older learned about his discomfort of being in an embrace for too long. He did not know what he had done in his previous life to have such an understanding and gentleman boyfriend.

 

That boyfriend term was still new to Jongup though they already were dating for almost one month now. If Jongup were asked of how was his life now, the only word that could best describe it was grateful. He was really grateful that he met with the Jung family and Kim family. He was grateful that he chose to give Daehyun a second chance to start anew. He was grateful to have such boyfriend who cares for him and his baby, who always put him first before anything else and also a boyfriend who accepted him for who he was. Daehyun never ever forced him to do something he did not like.

 

What else could he ask for? He was happy that he could feel himself being loved once again, being appreciated and being the most important person in other people’s lives. The steps that he was taking now was leading him to a happy ending and he should not regret anything. He loved the way Daehyun showered him with his love and affection and he thought he had received enough that he needed to give something in return. Let’s think about it later, Jongup-ah.

 

“Um, Teddy…” Jongup whispered, which caught Daehyun’s attention right away.

 

“Yeah, baby?” Daehyun leaned closer and resisted the urge to envelop the younger in his arms.

 

“I’m going out. Bathroom.” Jongup informed before he slowly got up from his seat. Daehyun too, stood up from his spot which earned him a questioning look from his boyfriend.

 

“Let me accompany you.” Daehyun nonchalantly replied. Jongup smiled as he shook his head.

 

“It’s okay. I can go alone.” Replied Jongup. It was true though, he was not a baby. He was in fact, a mother-to-be and he could take care of himself.

 

“Okay, I’m just…erm, going to grab some snacks. Let’s go.” Daehyun found a good excuse to exit the cold hall. Initially he really wanted to accompany Jongup but on second thought, Jongup would probably feel uncomfortable with being followed all the time. So buying another bucket of popcorn sound acceptable. He needed to get out of this hall before he started to freeze to death.

 

A pair of really cold hands carefully guided Jongup out of the dark hall and the only thing the pregnant boy could feel was the cold sensation around the spots Daehyun was holding him. He finally realized that Daehyun was trying to get out of the hall and he felt sorry about it. They walked side by side and the younger took the initiative to hold Daehyun’s hand. He rubbed it before entertwining their hands so that his palm could transfer some warmth to the latter.

 

Daehyun turned to look at Jongup and they silently sent a warm smile to each other. The young Jung tightened his hold around the younger’s hand and scrunched up his face to suppress a grin. He felt so stupid for thinking that Jongup did not notice about him being freezing in the hall. They parted when Jongup arrived in front of the bathroom entrance and Daehyun went to the consessions stand.

 

Jongup was washing his hand at the sink when someone entered the bathroom. He was too deep in his own thoughts to realize someone with a beanie and mask on, covering half of his face was standing right behind him.

 

“Moon Jongup?”

 

A call of his name by a foreign voice brought Jongup back to reality. He instantly looked up only to feel his heart dropped to the floor upon seeing the figure on the reflection. He span around with widened eyes as he reflexively took a step backwards. A dark memory of his that he tried so hard to push at the back of his head was now flooding his mind instantly. His lips trembled as he tried to find a support from the counter.

 

“Who-who are you?”

 

Jongup instinctively clutched his baby bump and held out another free hand in front of him as a form of defense when he saw the man was about to approach him. The latter abruptly stopped as he too, raised up both of his hands, like a culprit that was caught red-handed. The pregnant boy gulped the lump in his throat as panic overwhelmed him. What should he do now? He was alone with this stranger in this big bathroom with no one else. If he were to scream, could anyone hear him? Could Daehyun come and rescue him on time?

 

“P-Please s-sir…”

 

It came out shaky and weak, surprising the man before Jongup. He instantly pulled his mask down and revealed the real him.

 

“Jongup, it’s me….Jimin.”

 

“Ji-Jimin?” Jongup blinked.

 

“Yes, Jimin…uh, Taehyung’s band member?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter