Chapter 22

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 22: I'M THE BABY'S FATHER

 

I can’t imagine what I’d do if you really left… Daehyun heaved a heavy sigh as he pulled the thick duvet over Jongup’s torso. He sat on the edge of his bed and took the silence moment to watch the younger sleeping. It was so stupid of him for having the thoughts of the boy leaving the apartment when he knew Jongup had no one else here in Korea and he would never go back to China, would not he? Oh, he had Sunggyu and Myungsoo and also Himchan who claimed to be the pregnant cutie’s foster family to go to but Jongup would never be that obvious.

 

He silently snorted as he remembered about it. Probably due to the alcohol in his body that made him could not think straight and assumed that Jongup was gone. Luckily he saw a glimpse of lights on under the bathroom’s door and without having second thought, he rushed and opened the door only to witness an unconscious Jongup, or so he thought the boy was, on the floor. He instantly became panic and carefully scooped the maid into his arms. Relief washed over him the moment Jongup made a soft whimper and unconsciously snuggled closer to Daehyun’s chest to feel the warmth emitted from the young master’s body.

 

Jongup seemed too tired that he did not even wake up from his sleep. The young master quietly watched the boy’s dry tear-stained and pale face. He could not help but wonder if Jongup was feeling really guilty that he cried himself to sleep, to top that all, on the cold floor in the bathroom. However, on second thought, it was probably because of the strong aroma of the mixed solution in his room, so he could not stand the scent and ended up staying in the bathroom. Gently, yet carefully, Daehyun hoisted Jongup up and brought the latter to his own bedroom. His own head felt heavy for inhaling the fragrance too much.

 

“I’m sorry, Jongup.” The young master brushed the bang away from covering said person’s forehead. He decided to throw his temper away and took care of his maid for the latter needed someone to help him went through this pregnancy. Giving one last glance, he stood up and soundlessly left the room. Daehyun settled down on the three-seated comfy sofa in the living room and not even a minute passed, he was fast at drifting off to dreamland for his heart was finally at ease.

 

Jongup turned his body to another side and pulled the duvet that slipped from his torso until it covered the shoulders. He moaned softly as the warmth engulfed him again and his bed strangely felt comfortable that he did not want to do anything else but sleep in. He inhaled deeply and a small smile involuntarily crept up on his face for dreaming such a sweet dream. The scent was very calming and he found himself lost in the overwhelming musky scent around him. However, the pregnant boy’s body stiffened the moment he opened his half-lidded eyes for he knew he was not dreaming. He warily looked around as the room seemed familiar to him…

 

Jongup slowly sat on the mattress and whimpered softly when he felt a sharp throb on his head. Ah, he still could not get used to the dizzy feeling in the morning though he already experienced it for weeks. Wait, how did he get into his young master’s room? The boy tried to recall whatever happened yesterday and seconds later, he felt his body suddenly became weak as if some forces had his energy out of him. He never thought his life would be more pathetic that it already was.

 

If he only thought about his pitiful self, he wanted to really dwell in sadness and disappointment and never bothered about anything else in the world. However, he now had another little Jongup to be fed and that he had to take care of something else. Jongup had offended his young master for ruining his present and had no chance to apogize yesterday. He was too shocked to even react, so how was he able to utter the word ‘sorry’? Was Daehyun still mad at him?

 

Yesterday was like a disaster for a person named Moon Jongup. He was taken by surprise by the unexpected message and pictures from someone he believed was his former boyfriend, Yifan, accidentally ruined such an expensive present and had to deal with a very pissed-off Jung Daehyun and his sharp snarky words, had to be in the bathroom for quite some time upon losing all the energy to even move after the puking and crying session, and to make it worse, he had to force himself to clean all the mess he caused and held back the urge to throw up right there and then. He ended up in the bathroom again and decided to stay in there when he felt his body like floating in the air. All happened one after another and last thing he remembered was he lost his consciousness in the bathroom.

 

After making the bed, Jongup took hesitant steps toward the door as he was not ready to face Daehyun yet. He eventually willed himself to go out of the room because first, it was already past 10 in the morning which meant he had overslept, and second, he had yet prepared breakfast for his young master. Recalling yesterday’s scene was enough to make him trembled in fear and he did not think he could stand another heartthrobbing words from the other, not when he was already weak upon mentally dealing with the disgusting image of Yifan kissing Luhan that kept flashing in his head every minute.

 

The pregnant maid looked around as he did not see any sign that Daehyun was in the house. He went to the living room and it seemed like it had never been occupied before. Jongup timidly called for his young master and received silence as a response. He made his way to the kitchen and his steps halted upon noticing a lit-covered bowl with a small sticky note on top on the counter. He reached for it and could not help but feel even guiltier. He sighed as he blankly stared at the bowl.

 

You’re forgiven if and only if you reheat this mashed potato and feed your baby.

You looked terrible and I didn’t want to disturb your much needed rest.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be mad at me, young master?”

 

 

“H-Hello, Baek hyung…” Jongup timidly greeted when the call was answered. He carefully took a seat on the sofa while he trained his eyes on yet another post-it note that he received from none other than his young master this morning. He was feeling utterly miserable now that his morning sickness was not getting any better, and that it had been four days that he had woken up in his young master’s bedroom, precisely, on his super sumptuous bed.

 

“Yes, Jonguppie? Why are you calling? Are you okay? Are you in pain?”

 

“No-No…I’m okay…” Jongup gently massaged his temple in attempt to lessen the disturbing headache. He just did not know what to do anymore. He ran his eyes on the note again and for the umpteenth times, he read that scribbled words on the paper that said, ‘Will be home late tonight, don’t wait for me. Take care’. Jongup would be okay if it was the first time Daehyun wrote to him like that. However, it bothered him so much for it was already the third time for three consecutive days for crying out loud.

 

Three days ago, after he had woken up to an empty house and a note about a bowl of mashed potato, Jongup instantly realized that he had yet apologized to his young master for ruining the present he was supposed to get. Though with miserable heart and mind, the pregnant boy tried to push all of his sorrowful love life to the back of his head and thought of something to make up to Daehyun. Unfortunately, the latter seemed to give cold shoulders, or so Jongup thought he was, for the older did not even reply to any of his text messages and never picked up his call.

 

“Hmm? Really? You don’t sound so good though.”

 

“Uh…Baek hyung…” Jongup did not exactly know the reason Daehyun never came back at him for everything he sent to the latter and he felt uncomfortable and guiltier after he unintentionally woke up in the middle of the night. He once again, found himself sleeping on the young master’s bed when he was actually waiting for the latter to come home in the living room. The last time he checked the clock on the wall was around 10pm and Daehyun had not come back home yet.

 

It was hard to even see Daehyun for the past three days for he always fell asleep before the older came back and that the latter would go to work even before he woke up from his deep slumber. Jongup definitely felt bad, he thought he really should. It was already to the point that he thought it was unacceptable for him to waking up in his young master’s bed and found that the Jung Daehyun was sleeping on the sofa in the living room. Why was his young master treating him this way? Was this one of his methods to torture Jongup and made him feel utterly miserable? If yes, then congratulations for he actually succeeded.

 

“Yes, honey?”

 

“What…W-What does Daehyun-ssi like to eat? I mean, his fav-favorite food.” Jongup was determined that he should do something before their situation became worst. Though he was ordered to stop coming to the office every Wednesday, he felt the need to do so this week too so that he could have a talk with his young master. If sending messages and calling the latter did not seem to work out, then he would do a surprise visit to the young master’s office for he thought having a face-to-face conversation was the only option to clear any unsettle problems. He looked at the clock on the wall and knew he should rush for he was running out of time.

 

“His favorite? Oh, Dae really loves cheesecake. He would at least eat it once a week.” Baekhyun said matter-of-factly. Jongup was already on his feet while trying to ignore the sudden nauseous feeling at the back of his throat at the mention of cheese. He made his way to the kitchen to check whatever ingredients he had to make that cake. A cute pout was plastered on his face when he realized there was no cake-related ingredients in the kitchen except eggs and sugar.

 

“You’re going to make him cheesecake, Jongup-ah?”

 

“Yes, I-uh, does he like Mango Cheesecake?” His question was replied by a soft giggle from Baekhyun.

 

“He loves every flavor as long as it’s cheesecake, dear.”

 

“Really? Thank you, Baek hyung. Sorry for disturbing your morning with my call.”

 

“Yah…Jonguppie, seriously? You call me only to ask about Daehyun’s favorite? What about me?” Baekhyun’s question made Jongup to stop his track and bit his bottom lip.

 

“W-What’s your favorite, hyung?”

 

A few hours later in another part of Seoul City, Jongdae pulled his hair frustratingly and resisted the urge to scream right there and then upon hearing such stupid story from his best friend. Like seriously, how could Daehyun think like that? It was really unacceptable!

 

“So, you’re saying that you come home late and go to work early so that Jongup doesn’t need to face you? Seriously?” Daehyun formed his lips into one thin line and nodded. Jongdae scoffed when he saw the young Jung’s poker face.

 

“Dude, that’s not the right thing to do. He would definitely feel guiltier by your actions, what are you thinking, really Jung Daehyun?” said Jongdae, earning a frown on said person’s face. The young Jung finally decided to open his mouth and told his best friend, but of course, after the persistant Kim Jongdae could not stop pestering and asking about his sudden change in attitude and routine. Jongdae definitely knew Daehyun would never stay back at office if he really did not have any urgent work to be done. That was why he could detect something was not right, and that he detected it right after the night they spent at the night club.

 

“What do you mean? I’m giving him space to calm down because I know he would probably be scared of me, you know, after what I’ve said to him. He freaking ruined the present, Chen, I know he can’t face me yet. I don’t want to see him trembling when he sees me and thinking that I might scold him again or something.” Daehyun retorted and next second he knew, the back of his head was being smacked by his best friend.

 

“Yah! What wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter