Chapter 11

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 11: DO YOU TRUST ME?

 

Daehyun crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned his back against the chair. He kept his gaze fixed on the unconscious boy who seemed to be sleeping peacefully. He was the only one left after his parents went home to get ready for work. He already informed Jongdae that he would not go to work that day and that he wanted all of his appointments to be cancelled and postponed to any appropriate date. A sigh escaped his lips for the umpteenth times as he ran his hand through his hair.

 

A few knocks on the door were heard before it was pushed open. Daehyun averted his gaze and was greeted with the sight of a familiar nurse who had come exactly four hours ago, if Daehyun was not mistaken, to check on Jongup’s vital signs and condition. He straightened up as he eyed the nurse making her way to stand next to the lying boy.

 

“Good afternoon, Mr. Jung.” The nurse friendly greeted Daehyun with a smile on her face.

 

“Afternoon.” Daehyun greeted back. Like before, Daehyun watched intensely of everything that the nurse did.

 

“He does not wake up yet?” The nurse casually asked and received a nod from Daehyun.

 

“When will he wake up?” Daehyun inquired. The nurse hummed as she read the blood pressure rate and recorded the reading on the clipboard she brought together when she entered the room.

 

“His condition is good. He should be waking up soon.” The nurse then checked on the intravenous line as well as IV bag to make sure the medicine was still flowing at the correct rate. Upon hearing the good news, Daehyun heaved a relief sigh which earned the attention of the nurse before him. The nurse gave him her significant smile before she spoke.

 

“Your wife is doing great. The baby is fine too. But I don’t think he would like to see you with that tired face and disheveled hair once he opened his eyes.” With that being said, the nurse made her leave, leaving a dumbfounded Daehyun. Right, he was the one who claimed himself as Jongup’s husband before.

 

The young man rubbed his face with his palm. Maybe the nurse was right. He barely had a nice sleep last night when he suddenly received a shocking call from Jongup and he was at the hospital since then. It was almost 9 hours now and he did not grab anything to fill his stomach. He blinked his eyes couple of times when suddenly he felt sleepy. A cup of hot coffee sounds great for now.

 

“I’ll be right back.” Daehyun muttered quietly as he squeezed Jongup’s soft hand and left the room. He did not know why but he really wanted to be there when Jongup opened his eyes… he wanted to be the first person the boy saw when he woke up. Thus, he decided to stay by the boy’s side and only now he went out of the room, wishing silently that he would not take much time just to get coffee.

 

 

Jongup’s eyes slowly fluttered open and he let out a small grunt as he tried to adjust his eyes to the room’s brightness. Once his attempt to make his vision clearer succeeded, he looked around to only find he was alone in a room he could recognize as one in the hospital. He tried to get up from his lying position but he let out a hiss next second when he suddenly feel pain at the back of his left hand. Jongup sighed as he unintentionally pressed his palm to get up and did not notice the IV drip in his skin.

 

The room door was pushed open and the boy instantly stiffened, suddenly feeling afraid of who was coming in. He was still feeling lightheaded and blur of what was happening to him. Jongup was greeted with the sight of a hospital staff who came to place a tray of food on his portable table. He unconsciously let out a breath he did not know he was holding in.

 

“Oh, you’re awake.” Jongup’s attention to the staff was interrupted by a voice. He confusedly averted his gaze to meet a smiling nurse who just entered the room after the staff. He remained silent as his brain tried to register everything. Andwae…

 

Jongup’s eyes widened when he remembered everything and he instinctively brought his hand to his stomach. Upon seeing the panic state of the patient, the nurse quickly put the medicine she brought and stood next to Jongup.

 

“Jongup-ssi…” The nurse calmly called said person.

 

“My b-baby…” Jongup’s weak voice escaped from his trembling lips. He started to become more panic when the thought that he had lost his baby crossed his mind. Tears instantly welled up in his eyes.

 

“Jongup-ssi. I need you to calm down.”

 

“N-No…m-my baby…”

 

“Your baby is here, Jongup-ssi.” The nurse gently put her hand on top of Jongup’s hand that was against his stomach. The fragile boy froze in his spot upon hearing her words. He turned to look at the nurse, trying to read the truth in her eyes. When he saw the reassuring smile that was plastered on her face, Jongup could not help but broke into tears. Tears of relief to be exact. Oh, baby… thank you so much for staying strong with mommy.

 

“The baby is perfectly fine in his mother’s womb. So, the mother doesn’t have to worry about him too much or else, he will get harm if the mother is feeling stress.” The nurse softly persuaded and a sob escaped from Jongup’s lips. He did not want anything bad happened to his baby… not after what he had been through and almost lost him.

 

“There, there…what did I tell you to not getting yourself stress? Stop crying or the baby will be in stress too.” Like a magic, that nurse’s words instantly made Jongup to stop crying and quietly sniffed. The nurse sent her signature smile to Jongup before she continued.

 

“It’s already afternoon and your body needs appropriate nutrition. This is your lunch and medicine. Just press the call button if you need anything, okay?” The nurse said as she gestured toward the food in tray on the table.

 

“Thank you.” Jongup muttered quietly before the nurse left the room. He was alone in the big room again. He stared at the door for God knew how long it was as he was afraid of who was going to come in next. Jongup could not help but tremble when the thought of Yifan’s people came into the room and harmed his baby again crossed his mind. He brought both of his arms around his middle part of his body protectively. Whatever it takes…he would never let anyone harm his baby.

 

Jongup sighed as he suddenly remembered the nurse’s words. He could not let himself be in stress. The boy took a deep breath in before slowly letting it out. He tried to clear his mind as he slowly got up from the bed. For now, he tried to push everything at the back of his head and focused on his baby. The baby needed healthy foods and nutrition to grow well. If anything were to happen to him in the room, he would just scream for help…that was what he could think of right now.

 

The boy slowly got up as he continued glancing at the door. He pulled the portable table closer and opened the lit of the bowl. The strong smell of chicken soup promptly made Jongup sick. Why did this even smell nasty to him? He sighed before he reached for the spoon. He tried to ignore the unpleasant feeling in the back of his throat and stomach as he scooped the soup and swallowed it. A few more spoons and he already tried to get rid of the taste by forcing a mouthful of white rice into his mouth.

 

Jongup closed his eyes tight as he tried to swallow all down. No, please… my baby needs to eat too. Jongup resumed eating the rice after he successfully calmed himself down. But one mistake had him to quickly have his hand clamped over his mouth and struggled to get out of the bed. As fast as he could, Jongup grabbed the IV bag pole and jogged to the bathroom. He should not really look at the chicken soup and inhaled the scent while eating.

 

Daehyun came back with a half-filled of coffee in his hand. His brows creased when he saw no Jongup on the bed. He’s already awake? He stepped further into the room and placed the cup on the table. The young man’s ears immediately perked up at the sound of someone throwing out in the bathroom. Daehyun became alert and before he knew it, he was already knocking on the bathroom door. He was very worried of Jongup right now that he did not realize he was knocking on the door quite hard, emitting a few loud sounds.

 

“Yah!”

 

Jongup instantaneously froze when he heard the knocking sound. He hastily turned around the next second, afraid of someone was behind him. His body started to tremble when he heard someone’s voice yelling out on the other side of the room. He eyed the door and remembered that he did not lock it. Without having second thought, he quickly locked the door and hurriedly went to the corner of the bathroom. No… please, don’t kill my baby.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter