Chapter 20

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 20: I'M SORRY... BUT I DON'T LIKE IT

 

WORDLESS. That was one of the words that could best describe Jongup right now. He blankly stared at Taehyung’s handsome face as he tried to register the idol’s words. Was he hearing the right thing? Did Taehyung say the word ‘father’? Jongup broke their eye contact for his mind was clouded with so many thoughts. He instinctively put his hand against his slightly hard tummy while he tried to find the right words to say. Taehyung, on the other hand, silently watched every single movement Jongup made from the corner of his eyes.

 

The deafening silence was making Taehyung became more anxious. He restlessly waited for the other to say something, a word or two so that he could be at ease. Did he just hurt Jongup with his words? Was he doing the right thing? The more he thought about it, the guiltier he felt. It was not supposed to feel this way. Perhaps it was really not the right time to ask Jongup about it. However, he could not help it as he really wanted the pregnant boy to know that he was there for him and their baby. Their baby? Those words crossed the idol’s mind, and he would probably be smiling if Jongup agreed to let him claim the baby his too.

 

“J-Jongup-ah…” Taehyung called as he could not stand the silence.

 

“I-I’m sorry.” Jongup’s soft voice greeted Taehyung who was anticipating for the answer. He gulped down his saliva before he spoke.

 

“Why are you apologizing?”

 

“I d-don’t know what to say. You’re so kind to me, it seems like I’m taking advantage of your kindness.” Taehyung’s mouth agape as he briefly turned to look at the other incredulously.

 

“No, Jongup! What are you saying? Of cour—”

 

“I have nothing to give in return, Taehyung.” Jongup cut Taehyung’s words off even before the latter could finish his sentence. Taehyung sighed heavily. He did not like the way Jongup labelled himself.

 

“Jongup-ah…”

 

“Thank you so much f-for everything. I’m j-just too grateful that someone like you care for my baby. Not even the father...” Jongup’s words died down when he was about to mention about Yifan. He squeezed his eyes tightly as he took a deep breath in, trying to erase that name from his mind, and possibly his heart too. He felt a warm hand grabbed his slightly trembled hand and caressed it gently. The pregnant boy slowly opened his eyes and took a hold of Taehyung’s hand.

 

“If you want to, I’d be so glad if you’d like to be my baby’s godfather.” Jongup said as he put Taehyung’s hand back on the steering wheel. Taehyung’s ears perked up upon hearing those words. Godfather? Where did this word even come from?

 

“God-father?” Taehyung repeated and Jongup hummed in response. The latter knew Taehyung was being a nice friend to him and that the idol did not think twice about the consequence of his words. He thought he should correct the other before it led to any misunderstanding. Little did he knew, he was just oblivious of the fact that Taehyung really meant each of his words and that the idol was slowly falling for him.

 

“Yes, it’s the only thing I can give you for now. A special spot in my baby’s heart.” Jongup nonchalantly replied as he sent a small smile to Taehyung. The idol’s eyebrows knitted together as the words sank in his mind. Special spot in his baby’s heart? For now? So, does that mean I could have a place in his heart later? Slowly, a bright smile crept up on the handsome face as the thought crossed his mind.

 

“So, I got to call myself as Appa then?” Jongup pressed his lips into a thin line as he thought about it. He hummed and nodded his head in response which made Taehyung to widen his smile.

 

Upon reaching the entrance of the company, the car was slowed down as Taehyung did not want to hit the fans who were loyally standing and waiting for their favorite idols to come out of the building. Jongup was amazed to witness this scene himself as he only saw it on TV. Luckily, Taehyung’s car windows were all tinted black, so people outside could not see them inside the car. The gate was opened by the security guard in-charged, and the car passed through the fans without much difficulty.

 

“What’s VMin?” Jongup curiously asked as he caught that word on one on the fans’ placard.

 

“It’s called OTP. It’s actually used in fandoms to describe their favorite characters into a romantic relationship.” Taehyung boringly replied as he parked his car in the available parking space.

 

“Oh, so VMin is a combination of two names then?”

 

“Yep, V is me and Min is Jimin, my best friend I told you before.” Jongup nodded his head in understanding. Taehyung turned the engine off and his hand was quick to reach for the dashboard drawer to pull out two new masks. He wanted to drop the subject, so when he saw Jongup wanted to ask something else, he swiftly yet carefully put the mask over the pregnant boy’s face. Jongup’s eyes widened in surprise as he was taken aback by the sudden action.  

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t risk you getting hurt by my idol world.” Taehyung said before he cheekily winked at the dumbfounded Jongup. He got out of the car as he put his mask on. He then went to the passenger side and held out a hand before Jongup oh-so-gentlemanly. The latter grabbed the hand and let Taehyung led him inside the building. Their close proximity had successfully garnered the fans’ attention and they wondered who the lucky boy was.

 

Jongup’s eyes wandered around curiously once he stepped into the building. He would bow his head whenever Taehyung did so and avoided people’s curious gaze on him. His step halted when the idol also stopped his steps.

 

“Yah, Taehyung-ah, what’s taking you so—eh, who’s this?” BTS manager put his hands on his waist as he waited for said person to answer him. Taehyung turned to look at the quiet Jongup before he faced his manager back.

 

“I can’t leave him alone. There’s no one to take care of him.” the manager blinked his eyes before he sent an incredulous look at Taehyung and Jongup. Was that even relevant? He swore the boy whose hand in Taehyung’s was as old as the idol. Why did he need to take care of him? What was Taehyung doing during his free time? Babysitting a big baby?

 

“W-Wha—”

 

“Didn’t you say I’m already late? I’m going now, bye hyung.” Taehyung quickly left, dragging clueless Jongup in the process.

 

“Yah! You better not appear on the news tonight!”

 

“We’re here!” Taehyung announced as they arrived in front of his usual practice room. He took off his mask and helped Jongup with his.

 

“Tae…” Jongup’s fingers curled around Taehyung’s wrist, stopping the latter who was about to turn the doorknob.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Is it okay for you to bring me here?”

 

“Aigoo, don’t worry too much, okay. So, ready to meet my fellow friends?” Taehyung teasingly pinched Jongup’s soft cheek. As if on cue, the door was opened from inside, revealing a very surprise Jimin who witnessed the affection. Taehyung turned to look at the other and his infamous box smile crept up on his face.

 

“Oh, Jiminnie! Meet Jonguppie…babe, this is Jimin, my best friend.” Taehyung happily introduced those two, without knowing that his words had somewhat hurt his best friend’s heart.

 

“Hello, I’m Moon Jongup.” Jongup held out his hand before Jimin and gave his best sweet smile. Jimin was flustered, but he quickly shook Jongup’s hand.

 

“H-Hi, Ji-Jimin. Park Jimin.”

 

 

Daehyun’s grip around the iPad tightened as he read the article on the Internet for the umpteenth times. If it was not for Jongdae who got so excited in showing the article on the top search list this morning, he probably would not know what was happening in the music and entertainment industry. He intensely stared at the pictures that came together with the article.

 

COULD HE BE…BTS V’S BOYFRIEND?

 

V’s boyfriend, my …Daehyun could recognize the person who was in that plain black shirt with a pair of blue jeans in just one look. Though the face was covered with the mask, he definitely knew Jongup’s beautiful eyes and small silloutte. That was not the things that he was concerned about. The one thing that quite pissed the young Jung off was that his cousin and the maid were casually holding each other’s hand in public. It seemed like those two were trying to show off their close friendship or relationship whatever and wait, did his cousin purposely do this so that he could tell the world that Jongup was his?

 

Daehyun scoffed loudly at his own thought. He threw the gadget across the mattress and grabbed his phone that was placed on the nightstand. Once he dialed the wanted number, he brought the phone to his ear. The young Jung cursed under his breathe when his call was again, directed to the voicemail.

 

“Yah, Kim Taehyung! You…aish!”

 

This time he threw his phone across the mattress and grumpily lied down on the comfy bed. Obviously, he was doing something completely stupid. Was not it so blatantly obvious that his cousin would never answer any phone calls right now? The false rumor was all over the internet, so he must be hiding behind his manager and let that poor manager settle his problem. What a coward kid…

 

“Says the one who is also a coward man…” Jongdae nonchalantly said as he lied down next to Daehyun. The latter immediately sat up on his bed and looked at his friend in disbelief.

 

“What are you doing here?” Wait. That was not the right one. How the hell did he get into this room?

 

“Accompanying you, of course.”

 

“I don’t need any company. Go away!” Daehyun kicked Jongdae’s leg and the latter almost fell to the floor if he was not quick to grab the mattress and prevent himself from sliding down. Jongdae winced and complained about the heartless Daehyun who did not appreciate his kindness to spend his precious time with his boss when he could do something fun.

 

“Yah, I’m not gonna let you be alone tonight. I could sense this world is going to turn upside down with your pissed off mood.” Jongdae retorted as he exaggeratingly gestured his hands to emphasize his words.

 

“Chen, don’t start…”

 

“No, I’m not going to sit around this time, dude. My brilliant brain is screaming to knock some sense in you.” Jongdae put his arms under his head leisurely. Daehyun sighed before he leaned his back against the headboard.

 

“What are you trying to say?”

 

“Jongup seems like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter