Chapter 42

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 42: IT REALLY IS YOU…

 

“Forever with me?”

 

A nod from the younger.

 

“Forever with you.”

 

Daehyun threw his head to the back and rubbed his face for the second time, but this time he was completely relieved and happy. He looked back to Jongup who was now fidgeting in his spot with roses and ring box in both of his hands, waiting for the older to finally say something other than questions. Reaching carefully for the flowers and placed all of them on the table, Daehyun held Jongup’s free but cold hand.

 

“How long have you been planning this, angel?” the young Jung queried as he delicately squeezed the smaller’s hand, wanting to transfer some heat to his nervous boyfriend. How cute… Daehyun thought as he kept his eyes on Jongup who was biting his bottom lip out of habit. He knew the latter was nervous, waiting for his answer.

 

“S-Secret.” Jongup stuttered out a reply, much to his dismay. Why would he stutter now and not when he was confessing earlier? Where did all of his boldness and confidence go to? Daehyun beamed happily before leaning forward to kiss Jongup’s forehead, his other hand cradled the younger’s face. That answer would be enough, so long as Jongup finally accepted him.

 

“Thank you. Thank you so much for everything.” Daehyun whispered. Jongup shook his head lightly.

 

“No, I should thank you for accepting the imperfect me.”

 

“Hey, baby…no. Nobody’s perfect in this world. I’m not perfect too. That’s why God made us in pairs, to complete each other. But to me, you’re perfect enough.” Daehyun reassured Jongup, who then again, mouthed a silent ‘thank you’.

 

The older grabbed the ring box in Jongup’s hand and took the ring out. Both held their breath in as Daehyun slowly put the box on the table. Jongup was caught off guard when his boyfriend was suddenly kneeling on one knee before him. His smaller hand was soon held by a bigger one.

 

“T-Ted—”

 

“Moon Jongup…”

 

“Y-Yes?”

 

“Will you be mine?”

 

“…Yes.”

 

Daehyun grinned happily and Jongup returned a bashful smile. The latter silently watched Daehyun slid the ring on his finger and gasped in surprise when he felt it stuck in midway. Daehyun’s brows creased in confusion for a few seconds before realizing what exactly happened.

 

“Uh…”

 

“The ring won’t fit me anymore because I’m fatter now.” Jongup stated dejectedly. The bashful smile that once graced his lips was now replaced by a pout. His raging hormones got the best of him in record time, and Daehyun witnessed how fast the beautiful eyes of Jongup changed from sparkling with happiness to gloomy ones.

 

“Angel, that’s not right. You’re not fat. You’re just pregnant.” Daehyun stood up quickly when he saw tears threatening to fall from his boyfriend’s eyes.

 

“B-But…” Jongup’s voice cracked. He gulped the lump in his throat as he tried to hold back his emotion, but failed miserably.

 

“I w-want to wear this ring…b-because y-you gave it to me.” Jongup started to cry when his attempt to slide the ring further failed and it did not even budge at all. Daehyun held Jongup’s hands and stopped him for hurting himself.

 

“Baby, it’s okay. I’ll buy you a new one.” Daehyun persuaded as he carefully tried to take the ring off of Jongup’s finger. The latter shook his head instantly and pull his hand from Daehyun’s.

 

“I-I d-don’t want a n-new ring.” Jongup looked down and played with the ring on his finger. The ring was magnificent and he started to cherish it as he always looked at it. He felt stupid because he never tried to slide it on his finger before and even made a scene when it did not fit him right after ‘proposing’ Daehyun.

 

The young Jung had no idea how to make Jongup feel better. He watched as his boyfriend looked at the ring longingly and could not help but feel glad that the younger liked the ring more than he thought he would. Daehyun’s eyes caught something shiny between Jongup’s chin and chest. His eyes lit up in delightful as an idea crossed his mind.

 

“Baby, love…you don’t mind where the ring is as long as you wear it, right?” Daehyun grabbed both of Jongup’s hands and lifted the younger’s head up, so that their eyes made contact. The latter furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He closed his eyes when Daehyun helped wipe off the tears on his cheeks.

 

“How about you wear it with your necklace until you give birth to Gukkie?” The young Jung suggested. Jongup blinked his eyes, his hand instinctively held the necklace that was given by his foster parents few months back.

 

“N-Necklace?” Jongup sniffed as he thought it was not a bad idea after all.

 

“Yeah, technically, you still wear the ring, don’t you?” Daehyun reasoned out. The other hummed in return.

 

“So…?” Daehyun deliberately trailed off, which Jongup took it as his cue to give answer. He pulled the ring off of his finger and held it out in front of Daehyun.

 

“…Help me?” Jongup hesitantly asked which the older gladly did so. He took the ring and instead of moving to stand behind Jongup, he leaned forward and reached for the lock. Jongup’s breath hitched in his throat as he could feel Daehyun’s warm breath fanning his neck. The second time the young Jung leaned in, Jongup had to close his eyes as he accidentally inhaled Daehyun’s musky scent.

 

“It’s all done.” the older whispered softly in Jongup’s ear. Startled by the y voice or so he thought it suddenly was at such close proximity, Jongup snapped his eyes open and turned his head slightly, giving Daehyun a perfect angle to fully see him. They made eye contact briefly before Daehyun broke it by darting his eyes to Jongup’s inviting and luscious lips.

 

Jongup was now his, was not he? Daehyun contemplated whether he should follow his heart that really wanted to claim the younger’s lips or his mind that did not want to make Jongup feel uncomfortable. He kept glancing between the pregnant boy’s eyes and his lips, without realizing that he was slowly but surely closing the gap between them. Jongup held his breath as he watched the young Jung leaned in. He fluttered his eyes close when he could no longer held Daehyun’s intense gaze on him.

 

Daehyun took the unmoving stance of Jongup and his closed eyes as a sign for him to close whatever distance that was left between them and pressed his lips on the younger’s alluring ones. His racing mind abruptly froze the moment he felt Jongup responded to his kiss oh-so-shyly. Forgetting everything else around him, Daehyun closed his eyes and brought both of his hands up to cradle the boy’s face.

 

Jongup felt the older parted his lips before taking his bottom one between his lips and on it softly. He naturally moved his lips along with Daehyun’s and he could feel the young Jung smiled in the kiss. The kiss was slow and sweet but was enough to make both of their knees weak. The taller nibbled on Jongup’s bottom lips making him gasped and Daehyun took the chance to slip his tongue into the boy’s mouth.

 

Daehyun explored Jongup’s sweet cavern and memorized every corner and his distinctive tastes. He pulled the younger closer by the waist, if that was even possible with the bulging belly in between, to deepen the kiss. The shorter melted into the kiss and subconsciously brought his arms to wrap around Daehyun’s neck. Jongup’s head was dizzy, heart beating fast but he loved the feeling of electrical jolts throughout his body.

 

A y moan escaped from Jongup’s lips even before he could control it and Daehyun thought it was such an intoxicating sound he would love to hear forever. They broke their kiss for some air. The young Jung leaned his forehead against Jongup’s as they panted to fill their lungs with oxygen. Distancing his face a bit, he fluttered his eyes open only to witness the other’s true beauty with that flushed red face of his, eyes closed under the long eyelashes and his slightly parted lips that were swollen due to their hot making out session.

 

“Beautiful…”

 

 

Jongup who was immersing himself into watching the outside view from the back seat of a taxi, startled when he felt something heavy fell on his shoulder. He turned his head and found Daehyun’s head on it. His fiancé had fallen asleep on their way to the hotel from Kyoto Airport. It was not a long distance journey but perhaps, Daehyun was really tired.

 

The pregnant boy carefully lifted Daehyun’s head up and shifted closer so that the latter could sleep comfortably without straining his neck. The little movement did not even wake the older up and Jongup was glad he did not disturb him. His eyes landed on their intertwined hands and could not help but recall the moment from last night. A small smile made its way on his lips when he touched the ring on his necklace.

 

Daehyun completely caught him off his guard by confessing that he would not be able to control himself if Jongup was always this beautiful. Nevertheless, he made a promise to not do anything that would make the boy uncomfortable and would wait until he was fully ready to commit. Just where in the world could he find someone as understanding as his current fiancé?

 

Upon reaching the hotel, Jongup woke Daehyun up. The young Jung gave a quick peck right on his lips as a reward for lending his shoulder, causing the boy to blush. Smile never left Daehyun’s face when it came to a person named Moon Jongup. They were heading to the reception when Daehyun suddenly changed direction to the lounge. He led Jongup to sit on one of the available sofas and left alone to the counter.

 

“Baby, let’s go to our room.” Daehyun came back wih two access cards in hand. Yes, as much as he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter