Chapter 28

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 28: IT'S NOT THAT I'M IMPORTANT TO YOU...

 

He unconsciously clutched his maternity shirt while training his hesitant eyes on the yoga teacher, who was waiting for his reply. Husband? How he wished he had one. Out of the blue, an image of Yifan whispering into his ears, making promises to never let him go, suddenly replayed at the back of his mind. His heart was shattering again, but he quickly shook the thoughts off. Yifan was nothing to him anymore, he has been mending his heart by planting nothing but hatred toward the older.

 

“H-Husband?” He asked again, mentally sighing when he stuttered. Mrs. Min nodded her head before she craned her neck in searching for any unfamiliar face.

 

“This is actually a couple’s antenatal yoga class. Is he still outside?” Jongup swallowed the lump in his throat. Couple? Why did Daehyun hyung register me in this class then? He looked to his side and met with Baekhyun’s apologetic look. He smiled as to reassure the other that he was fine. Jongup thought he needed to talk to his young master about changing class to individual class only.

 

“Mrs. Min, actually I—” Before Jongup could finish his sentence, Baekhyun suddenly interjected.

 

“His husband went for a business trip for a couple of days, that’s why he couldn’t attend today.” Baekhyun confidently said as he linked his arm around Jongup’s. The pregnant boy’s jaw dropped to the floor upon hearing those words. Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows while nodding his head in agreement. He had to back his beloved wife up anyway.

 

“Oh, that’s okay. Mrs. Moon can teach his husband of today’s lesson. We shall start our class now. Please excuse me.” Mrs. Min gently caressed Jongup’s arm before she excused herself to start the class. Jongup bowed his head politely before he was enveloped in a tight embrace.

 

“Aww, Uppie~ I’m sorry I forgot this class is for couples.” Baekhyun pouted cutely while forming his best puppy eyes. Jongup giggled as he shook his head.

 

“It’s okay, Baek hyung. But you don’t have to lie for me. I guess I need to change class then.” Jongup reasoned and Baekhyun wanted to argue but was stopped when the yoga teacher already called for all couples.

 

“Let me help you with the mattress.” Kyungsoo offered Jongup as he spread the boy’s yoga mattress next to theirs. Baekhyun rubbed Kyungsoo’s back lovingly, feeling proud of his kind husband. He silently thought that Daehyun would be the one who would do it for Jongup if the former was here. Afterall, why would his younger brother register for a couple class? Baekhyun smiled meaningfully. He was glad Daehyun was making his move.

 

“Thank you, Kyungsoo hyung.” Kyungsoo’s heart-shaped lips formed a smile as he nodded.

 

“Parents-to-be, please take your space and sit comfortably. We’ll start our class once everyone has settled down.” Mr. Min, Mrs. Min’s husband announced. All the couples followed the instruction. Jongup greeted back the couple on his other side and smiled genuinely. This is going to be a good day, baby! Jongup caressed his baby bump lovingly.

 

“Hello, good afternoon everyone! How are you guys today? Good?! Before we start our less—Omo!”

 

The speech was interrupted when the class door suddenly swung open and hit the wall, revealing a panting handsome man. Everyone was surprised by the unexpected intruder, or so they thought he was. The man wildly ran his eyes around as if looking for something or rather someone.

 

“Sir…?” Mrs. Min called out for the stranger.

 

Daehyun’s hawk eyes were quick to spot Jongup in the middle of the class, who was looking at him, with shock written all over his face. He let out a relief sigh before slowly entering the class.

 

“I’m sorry. Am I late?” Daehyun bowed a few times, apologizing for his rudeness. He took a glance at Jongup again, and they locked their eyes for a brief seconds before Daehyun broke the eye contact.

 

“Well, we’re about to start the class. You’re…?” Mr. Min politely answered. Daehyun smiled brightly upon hearing those words. It meant he was not late to be with Jongup for their first antenatal yoga class.

 

“I’m Jung Daehyun, Jongup’s husband.” A loud gasp was heard in the room, and the young Jung resisted the urge to roll his eyes in front of the teachers. He knew the person who made that sound – it was obviously none other than his older diva brother, Baekhyun.

 

“Oh, Mr. Jung is Mr. Moon Jongup’s husband? I heard you went for a business trip.” Said Mrs. Min. Daehyun’s ears perked up at the new information.

 

“Yes, I did. But the seminar ended earlier than planned. So, I quickly rushed here.” Daehyun briefly explained. Hmm? Did Jongup tell her—

 

“Please come in, and take your seat next to Mrs. Jung.”

 

Jongup did not dare to lift his head up upon hearing the title given to him. He nervously bit his bottom lip again. What should he do now? How would he face Baekhyun and Kyungsoo after this? Why did Daehyun introduce himself as his husband at the first place?! Jongup’s panic heightened when Daehyun casually sat behind him, close enough that Jongup could practically feel the warmth emitted from his young master’s body. Little did he knew, Baekhyun was aware of Daehyun’s play pretend – courtesy of his sporting grandmother, Kim Heechul.

 

“Hello, wifey.” Daehyun greeted the nervous Jongup, tone was only above a whisper. Jongup’s body jerked slightly. Blood immediately rushed to his cheeks and he could not be more embarrassed when he heard Baekhyun giggled while Kyungsoo cooing at them.

 

“Why did you do that, Daehyun hyung?” Jongup whispered back, he unintentionally leaned his back, barely touching Daehyun’s broad chest when the latter naturally leaned forward too.

 

“Did what?” Daehyun played dumb while breathlessly studying Jongup’s side profile. He liked to see the red blush adorning the boy’s chubby cheeks. He looked glowing and he smelled nice too.

 

“Uh, you told everyone that you’re…uh, my husband.” Jongup hesitantly stated, eyes trained on the plain floor, unaware of Daehyun’s loving gaze on him. The young Jung smirked.

 

“Why? It wasn’t the first time I claimed you my wife.” Daehyun retorted nonchalantly. Jongup’s eyes widened when he finally felt Daehyun’s breath caressing his cheek. Gasping soundlessly, he reflexively turned his head and almost brushed his nose to Daehyun’s. They locked eyes in that close proximity and for the umpteenth times that day, the pregnant boy involuntarily blushed hard.

 

“Mr. Jung and Mrs. Jung?” Mrs. Min called out, breaking the couple’s trance. Jongup flinched slightly before breaking their eye contact. He wanted to reply the yoga teacher but his voice suddenly stuck at his throat. It did not help when SooBaek couple chose that time to laugh at him for the second time. Jongup did not know where to hide his crimson red face anymore.

 

“Yes?” Daehyun replied out loud before he reluctantly changed his favorite view. He brightly smiled toward those teachers.

 

“Please come to the front, and introduce yourself to others since this is your first time here.” Mr. Min said while gesturing his hand. The young Jung was fast to be on his feet and helped Jongup to be on his too. He carefully led Jongup to stand in front of everyone else.

 

“Hi, my name is Jung Daehyun and this beauty next to me is my wife, Jongup.” Daehyun casually introduced. He lightly squeezed Jongup’s smaller hand in his hold. They bowed to the crowd.

 

“Tell us about your baby.”

 

“B-Baby?” Jongup blinked. Before he could even comprehend the situation, he felt a warm hand – other than his own hands – gently caressing his visible baby bump. He silently gasped for this was the first time Daehyun directly touched his stomach.

 

“We’re expecting our first child and we just hit 16 weeks. It’s still too small to feel baby’s movement, isn’t it?” The young master excitedly answered, unaware of Jongup’s gaze on him the whole time. Jongup did not know what to feel at the moment. Mixed emotions overwhelmed him when he saw the excitement in the older’s eyes when speaking of his baby. A very strange warmth feeling was creeping up deep in his heart, and Jongup felt like crying.

 

“You’ll soon feel it, Mr. Jung. So, what’s your baby’s name?”

 

“Oh, baby’s name?” Daehyun landed his eyes on Jongup, a warm smile plastered on his face when their gaze met. He expected Jongup to answer the question this time because he had no power to reply it.

 

“I-I have—oh!” Jongup stopped talking when he suddenly was pulled by the waist and cradled him into the taller’s side. The light caress on his hips sent shiver down his spine. The small gesture was probably nothing to other couples, but to Jongup, he knew the older was actually sending a gentle warning. Gulping his saliva down nervously, he continued to speak.

 

“W-We haven’t decided yet.” Daehyun smiled upon hearing those words. He wanted to always hear ‘we’ between them.

 

“Well, let’s make it your homework, then. Please, take your seat again.”

 

Daehyun and Jongup went back to their s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter