Chapter 4

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

 

Jongup pouted when he had no chance to meet Yifan before he went to work. Yesterday, together with Luhan, they had a little conversation before Jongup brought Luhan home. He wanted to go back to the hospital but Yifan warned him not to because it was already night and that he needed a good rest too. Jongup argued that he could not leave Yifan alone at night too, but being the understanding boyfriend he was, Yifan defended himself that he could take care of himself and plus, there was a lot of nurses who could assist him there too.

 

Jongup woke up early that morning, hoping that he could prepare some breakfast for the three of them before he went to his work. He did not intend to wake Luhan up with the noises he made in the kitchen but he eventually did, and the Chinese man ended up helping him prepared the breakfast.

 

“Luhan gege, thank you so much. You’re my life savior. Please feed Yifan gege with this pancake. I made it especially for him, his favorite.” Jongup told Luhan when the latter said he would accompany Yifan at the hospital since he got no plan to do that day. Luhan nodded his head and smiled.

 

“You really love Kris, I see…” Jongup blushed upon hearing that statement.

 

“Ah, gege…h-he’s the only one I have. And he’s my boyfriend.” Jongup shyly replied. He hung his head down when Luhan teasingly cooed at him. Feeling his face hot, Jongup quickly stood up and cleaned his plate. Luhan let out a chuckle when he got to see a blushing Jongup.

 

“I-I’m going now, Luhan gege. Make yourself at home and take care. Please tell Yifan gege that I’ll go to him after I finish my working hour.” Jongup said as he put on his shoes.

 

“Okay, Uppie. And take care of yourself too.”

 

“I will. I’m sorry I can’t keep you company when it’s your first time visiting Korea.”

 

“Ah, it’s okay, Uppie. We have plenty of time to do so.”

 

“Well then…Goodbye, gege. See you later.” Jongup bid his goodbye to Luhan who sent him to the door. When Jongup was no longer in his sight, Luhan heaved a heavy sigh. When will you tell Uppie, Kris? We don’t have much time.

 

 

Daehyun rolled around on the bed before he stopped abruptly when he felt he was about to fall off the bed. He quickly pulled himself away and sat up. The young man scratched the back of his head as he tried to open his eyes. He took a deep breath and unthinkingly smelled something good. Wow, what’s that? Smell so delicious. Daehyun’s stomach involuntarily rumbled and he immediately rubbed it. Oh, you’re hungry? Let’s see what we’ll have today. Yesterday’s dinner was really delicious. The baked chic—wait! Did I just compliment that fool? Daehyun instantly brushed his thoughts off and got out of his room.

 

Jongup was so immersed in making the omelet that he did not realize another presence in the kitchen. Daehyun, with arms crossed in front of his chest, leaned his body against the door frame as he observed the other skillfully prepared the food. Jongup turned the stove off and transferred the cooked omelet into a plate. As he was about to hold the plate, Daehyun decided to open his mouth.

 

“Yah!” Daehyun’s hoarse deep voice was enough to startle Jongup. God, he scared me again…Aigo, is he even human? I didn’t even hear any footstep before. Jongup slowly turned around and the next thing he knew, he involuntarily blushed when he was met with shirtless Daehyun. He quickly averted his gaze and pretended to take the plate on the countertop.

 

“Pour me the juice.” Daehyun casually sat at the table. Jongup furrowed his eyes brows and bit his bottom lips. Can’t he wear something before he eats? Urgh, why do I have to stand with this first thing in the morning? Jongup thought as he silently poured the orange juice into the glass. Daehyun sharply stared at Jongup. He was trying to think of something to torture the other. Hey, it was fun okay?

 

“I want to have kiwi.” Daehyun said before he dug his fork into his plate.  

 

“K-Kiwi?” Jongup’s eyes widened. As far as he remembered, he did not buy that fruit yesterday because it was not even in the long list Daehyun gave him. And he was very sure there was no kiwi in the refrigerator.

 

“Yeah…kiwi.”

 

“B-But, we don’t have kiwi.” Daehyun clicked his tongue in annoyance. He harshly put down his fork on the table, emitting a thud. Jongup who witnessed it could only hold his breath in as he waited for Daehyun’s next response. 

 

“Yah! Are you stupid or is your brain not functioning well?” Daehyun glared up at Jongup who quietly winced when he heard those mean words.

 

“What did I told you before? Look at me when I’m talking!” Daehyun’s face glowered as he shouted. Jongup started to chicken out. He frighteningly looked at his young master. He tried not to avert his gaze when he met Daehyun’s dark eyes. Moon Jongup, just relax. Don’t shake too much. It’s…it’s your fault anyway. Think about Yifan hyung.

 

“Don’t let me repeat it anymore.” Daehyun said through his gritted teeth. Jongup nodded his head fervently; afraid his voice would come out shaky if he replied the other.

 

“Use your stupid brain next time. If what I want is not here, use your short leg to go buy it. Is that understood?” Daehyun gestured toward Jongup’s head and legs as he talked. He tried not to laugh when he could see Jongup’s eyes showed that he was quite scared of him.

 

“I give you 10 minutes. Take the money in that drawer and go buy me kiwi.” Daehyun pointed to a cabinet and continued to eat his breakfast. He usually put some money in the top drawer for kitchen use, so that his maid would not come and ask him for money. Though he was a cold-hearted person, but there was a very tiny spot in his heart that he would not let his maid look like a beggar. He wanted them to be independent and relevant.

 

Jongup was slack-jawed. Was not his master too much? How could he get kiwi within 10 minutes? It even took 15 minutes time walking to the nearby market. Did Daehyun think he had the super power to fly here and there and get things ready in a flash? However, Jongup just kept all the thoughts in his head. He wanted to argue but he knew it was pointless. So, he hurriedly went to grab the money in the drawer and ran out of the apartment. He wanted nothing but to be on time because he knew Daehyun would punish him if he was late again. Why is he so cruel and heartless? Jongup did not have the answer.

 

Daehyun craned his neck a bit so that he could see his maid left the apartment. Once he heard the door closed, he could not help but laugh out loud. He found it fun to play Jongup like this. Daehyun obviously knew that there was no kiwi and that he did not write the item in the list for yesterday’s grocery shopping. He mentally patted his shoulder for having brilliant idea to prank Jongup. Well, let’s have our breakfast happily. Daehyun munched on his food without feeling any guilt.

 

 

Jongup stopped as he tried to catch his breath. He was panting hard and sweating because he really did his best to go buy what his master wanted. The young boy punched in the security password that he already memorized and stepped in the luxurious apartment. He was greeted by silence and heaved a long sigh when there was no Daehyun in sight. Jongup walked to the kitchen to prepare kiwi for his meanie young master when Daehyun suddenly appeared in front of him. The tired boy was totally surprised and reflexively dropped the plastic bag he was holding.

 

“Yah! You’re 5 minutes late.” Daehyun expressionlessly looked at his maid who was quick at picking up the plastic bag from the floor. Jongup was lost for words. He wanted to defend himself but could he really speak up now? He is really ridiculous, aaargghhh! Six months Jongup. Just six months…

 

“I’m sorry. I’ve—” Through his panting, Jongup apologized and wanted to explain but was immediately being cut off.

 

“Your lateness ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter