031

Mother? Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan POV

How I met Seohyun... she reminds me of spring. It was a spring morning, when I first saw her. At the door of my house...


14 years ago

Kris had suddenly changed plans. I had planned to finish high school in the boys' boarding school with my best friend, then go to live abroad to go to college. One day a morning, Kris decided to leave the boarding school and above all confront his father, who had treated him like one thing after the death of his wife. Kris loved his father, but he always denied.

I felt Kris was determined and I decided to support his decision. Making me also take me from boarding. After leaving the boarding Kris planed to travel to Canada to see his maternal grandparents, while I had to stay at home until school started, at the prestigious school "Shinhwa", which it belonged to my grandfather. Something tragic, I said, go to school my family but they all laugh at me...

Mom of course was happy when she saw me enter through the front door with my bags. She said it was the best decision she had taken, get out of that boarding. I just smiled, but sometimes loved to stand at the boarding home. Papa asked me what had happened, he wondered I had a fight with Kris or something, but I explained that we had not fought and Kris faced his father and told him to set him free. Dad told me that Kris and I were like brothers...

My grandmother rather was glad to see me a little. Since my decision to give almost disinherited me, saying I was irresponsible. My grandmother actually was hysterical with results, she really tortured my entire student life.


After I enchanted with a girl who was reading in the window, I didn't recognize her at first... until she called me oppa. I recognized she was supported and goddaughter of my mother: Yoona. She became a little taller, she was very beautiful and very thin. She smiled at me and I smiled back. I felt enthralled by her, she smiled and told me it was good to be home again, and she gave me a kiss on the cheek. That made me feel things I had never felt before, and it could be called love. 

Yoona and I, we became close with the passing of days, we talked about everything. I always looked into her eyes and when I approached her, she blushed sometimes. I tried to be as nice as possible, but my indomitable character shine out and sometimes scared.

I knew Yoona was a person unsure of herself, she always felt intimidated the other girls in her school, and the truth that she was not the daughter of a rich person, but an employee who had died years ago, while she worked at my family. My mother was in her debt, that's why she educated her and made her goddaughter. Yoona was always crying for her parents and she was lonely. I wanted her company, although she sometimes refused. 

Shortly after the school's girls knew Yoona was intimidated, I still didn't go to school because I was vacation. But Yoona had to go to that school, to learn ethics and piano, but those girls didn't let her concentrate. 

One of these days, my mother asked me to pick her up, I refused at first because I knew it would be uncomfortable, but at the end I followed my mom. When I arrived the school, I saw some girls threaten Yoona as they asked where she's from and why she belonged to my family. She just stared at the floor, and she was pushed. I clenched my fists and walked toward her. I pushed the other girls and I tried to let her calm with the worried look. I told her if she was okay...

Yoona looked scared me and nodded her head, then I took her hand. And I looked at the girls and told them.

"What is your problem? It doesn't matter what family is, who their parents. All that matters is that Xi Luhan is her boyfriend, got it!" I shouted.

The girls both frightened and surprised when I said that. I even surprised myself, because of what I said. But I knew that I had said to help Yoona.

Yoona was blushing as we climb into the car. To expect, Yoona didn't speak the whole way, except me. Then I talked with Yoona, and explained why I had said that. I just to let her annoy and I said that I had to pretend be her boyfriend in front of her classmates, but at home we were only friends. Yoona thanked me for helping her, but something in her eyes darkened. Yoona and I, we came close, we shared all our secrets. I for Yoona, opened me completely, I told my fears and joys... Yoona also did, we were inseparable.


One afternoon in the last days of December, it was a cold winter afternoon. When my grandmother asked Yoona, results and piano ethics, seeing the ugly results scolding, that's what I could see from the stairs. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I knew my grandmother was very overwhelming. I took Yoona's side, saying that I had distracted her a lot, that's why her grades were so. Yoona cried while expressing my grandmother looked confused, I yelled at my grandmother who was a bad person, not wanting Yoona only for being the daughter of the employee.

My grandmother was shocked and she was about to say something, threw a meaningful look at Yoona. Just she got up and left the house, grandmother was supposed to be upset. When she returned home, she would give an explanation, she should not have treated her like that. But again I realized the feelings for Yoona, they were making me behave strangely. My grandmother was very upset with me, she didn't return home in days, I felt a little guilty. I was the only grandchild who had all the weight of the name, the companies fell on my shoulders, but I let her down with my childish behavior, she just scolded Yoona, for her bad grades she had that.

I thought my grandmother was too angry with me, because she never go home and never speak to me again. I was concerned for her, for days, she didn't speak at home, never called me that made me grow my guilt. 

It was not until the first week of spring, the garden of my house was very nice, black and red roses were beautiful, butterflies fluttering around, the trees in the grove of cherry trees in my house, they were just blooming and were beautiful. When I looked out the window, I noticed a taxi, he was parked outside the house. I looked with curiosity, then it was my grandmother who came out of there. I quickly went down stairs, but at the entrance I didn't see my grandmother, but I saw a smaller figure.

She watched my house and gardens with curiosity, I still couldn't see her face because the sun reflected very strong. Then my grandmother who was already inside the house, said.

"Joohyun, come here please," 

Quickly the small figure entered the house, walking and firmly holding a blue suitcase. She apparently didn't notice my presence, and walked straight to where my grandmother was. I only saw her profile, I knew she was beautiful without knowing my heart and stomach butterflies began racing faster... I didn't know what was happening.

For a moment my grandmother looked at me, then I looked away. 

"Follow me," She told the girl.

After a long time my grandmother locked herself in the office with the girl. I wanted to speak her, but couldn't because my mother was there, frowning. Necessarily I had to go up to my room, pretending to read. Then I heard some shouts from outside the room. I and Yoona, we went down and saw my grandmother and my mother arguing loudly. Then my mother was silent, my grandmother said.

"If you don't accept this, I will reveal who really you are in the high society. Is that what you want, Hyesun?"

Then my mother shook her head and my grandmother added.

"It's better to remember where you came from, Hyesun. I don't believe that girl better, if you and your child will continue to behave so haughty, I will inherit all my stepdaughter, if you don't change your attitude!"

My grandmother almost shouted as she headed to the kitchen. My mother sat on the sofa overwhelmed, I wanted to run to her but Yoona stopped me. She said it was better to go up and pretended that we hadn't heard anything. Yoona and I knew we were thinking the same.

"Who was the adopted daughter of my grandmother, and what was the secret of my mother?" I asked myself that question all day.


The days passed but I never saw that girl, nor my grandmother. My mother was nervous all day and she always told me that I had to do the best in school and she asked me never to disappoint my grandmother. I said I would do everything.


A month later, I walked my house and I didn't notice my grandmother nor the child. But this morning was special, I would go to my new school with Yoona. She and I are the same age and go to the same school which means I had more confidence. Yoona was also new to the school since my mother was given the very great idea that we should study in the same school. In order to better measure our qualifications and I accepted reluctantly.

When I wore my uniform, Kris called me to meet at the school and I agreed. On the other hand my grandmother was already going to school. After we arrived, I got along with Yoona to school. The school was too large and elegant era of high society. Yoona's appreciation dazzle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter