025

Mother? Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was looking at Seohyun, still explaining to Hannie where the small turtles would go. When Krystal hit him with her elbow between the ribs.

"You should hide a bit, oppa." 
 


Kris looked at her confused. 

"Hide what Krystal?"

"That you still look like my unnie." Krystal said smirking.

"Krystal, what are you saying?" Kris said dumbfounded.

"Your face is the same that when you were in love with my sister, even you denied." 

Krystal said with aegyo, making Kris blush. 

"I told you, it's not true..."

"Yes, it's clear." Krystal said without believing his words.


Kris POV

Krystal was the first person who knew I was in love with Seohyun, when we were teenagers. She was the first to realize my feelings and she is good at keeping the secrets.


Hours later

Hannie was fast asleep in his mom's arms, while Kris and Dambi were in the back of the car, apparently Kris told her something interesting, since Dambi paid much attention to what he said. Krystal was driving, smiling at times, because people she loved was beside her again.

When they were about to arrive, Krystal cleared .

"I called Mother Superior that if we could stay a few days at the orphanage." Krystal said, smiling.

"What did you do?" Kris and Seohyun shouted in unison.

"Yah, don't yell, you made the kids scared. I asked her permission and she said that she would be glad to meet us."

"But Krystal, there is no place to stay us in the orphanage. And we're going to bother," Seohyun said the hair of Hannie.

"I already asked that, dear sister. And she said we could stay in the cabins behind the orphanage."

"Krystal, you had planned this, right?" Kris said, smiling mischievously.

"Krystal, is that true?" Seohyun said somewhat surprised.

"Yes, oppa is right, I had planned. But is it wrong to want to have some time with my family?"

"Not bad, Krystal. But you should ask us first. Maybe Kris doesn't have time," Seohyun said looking at Kris.

"Don't worry about me, I have all the time in the world." Kris said.

"So you agree with this Seohyun?"

"Thinking that I can't be against you? I say yes." Seohyun said.

Krystal smiled and drove to the orphanage that was about a mile, while Seohyun saw landscapes, fields where she had grown up, those times when escaped the orphanage, to feel free.

She wished that she could tell to Dambi and Han everything she had done in her childhood. But she couldn't, they had never heard that she had grown up in an orphanage, with Krystal. She felt a little guilty that her children didn't know something as important of their life, the life of their mother. But it was better to keep them apart from her past as their grandmother, Hyesun would go mad if she find out, after all Hyesun made much account of appearances and what people said.


Seohyun got out of the car, while carrying Hannie in her arms. He has slept soundly. Dambi ran to the entrance and Kris walked behind them. Then Krystal wrapped her hands with Kris' arm.

"It's good to be back here, you feel the same oppa, right?"

"Yeah... this place was like my second home."

"Many true memories..."

"Many memories, but sometimes I wanted to forget that, it still hurts."

"You said about Seohyun, oppa?"

"Yes, Krystal, this place is I planed to propose to Seohyun. Because it was our first kiss, our love story was written here."

"I know, I think you put between a rock and a hard place. Sorry, oppa but if you want, I can stop everything and return to home."

"No need to do that, Krystal. This is a chance to say goodbye, Seohyun and all our memories together. I think Seohyun also needs this."

"You are like my brother, Kris. You have suffered enough, now you deserve to be happy without sadness."

"I know.."

Kris and Krystal walked toward the entrance, which was already open. The mother superior gave Seohyun a big hug and Kris greeted to the nuns. Krystal also greeted them with love. While Dambi was watching the gardens, so Kris went to her and said lovingly.

"You're just like your mother, always like the roses."

"Uncle Kris!"

"Do you know Dambi, this place is very important for your mother."

"Why important, uncle?"

"Later you will know, Dambi."

"Dude, could you explain that what this flower is?" Dambi said holding a small pink flower. 

Kris knelt to explain, while the girl looked at him with admiration, always with the word "uncle" maybe Kris wanted to be called "dad". Kris was sure that the girl was his daughter, his own daughter.

The nuns lend them some sheets and blankets, to be accommodated in the cottages which were behind the orphanage. Hannie had already awakened, and began running through the gardens. Seohyun was afraid to stumble and got hurt, so always looking to see how he was. Kris looked and went to her.

"I'll go and take care of him, I promise that nothing will happen."

Seohyun looked at him incredulously, but nodded her head. Kris went to Hannie, now he played with a butterfly fluttering around.

Seohyun made the beds and the few clothes they wore. Then she picked up her mobile phone to call home, to say that they would not return home in a few days and they were at the orphanage. 

It was Chanyeol who answered her call. Seohyun explained everything, but she felt that Chanyeol's voice a little irritated when she said that they would stay here for a few days. 

Seohyun knew very well that Chanyeol was jealous of Kris. He thought Kris stole the attention of children, but Seohyun took this with grace, since Chanyeol sometimes seemed a little boy.

Later Seohyun helped the nuns with the preparation of dinner, while Krystal played with orphans. Kris was chasing Hannie while Dambi drew some pictures of flowers as she smiled.


In the dinner…

Seohyun, Krystal and Kris were sitting at the table of the nuns. While Dambi and Hannie sat with other children, to speak and had made friends that it made Seohyun smiled.

The nuns and Seohyun had a very entertaining conversation. They were talking about new social projects that Xi companies and the law firm of Seohyun would plan, the nuns were very happy with her plans for the orphanage. Krystal looked bored with the subject, after all she was young and those subjects bored her. Then the Mother Superior started talking more familiar themes.

"Seohyun, where is your husband?" Asked the mother superior. 

"Ah Luhan is on a business trip in China."

"More than three months ago." Krystal muttered still eating casually.

"Thanks for the tip!" Seohyun said angrily because she didn't want to worry the nuns.

"What do you mean your husband has been out of the country for three months? I could understand, when you were just starting out, but now Seohyun, there were another thing?" said the Mother Superior.

"No, Luhan is working hard. No need to worry," 

Seohyun was a little uncomfortable, when her marriage life was a topic of conversation. Apparently Krystal did casually, while Kris felt increasingly uncomfortable.

"Now stop bugging her," said the mother Sunmi. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter