029

Mother? Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author flashback
(BEFORE THE EVENTS OF CHAPTER 28)

Kris went to the hospital to be tested. Having blood drawn to see if it was compatible with Dambi, Seohyun was accompanying him, hoping that Kris is the salvation of Dambi.

Seohyun and Kris waited outside the laboratory. The results to come out and Kris held her trembling hand.

"I will save your daughter, Seohyun. I promise and you must promise me that at the end of all this, you will be fine and the baby too." Said Kris

Seohyun looked at him and nodded. She his face. 

"Promise me... Joohyun, in the end. even though you're only the person to trust and believe in me." Kris said crying.

"If you save my daughter, I trust you," Seohyun said.

At that time they heard the sound of applause. Kris and Seohyun looked in the direction of the sound, then they saw that Yoona sarcastically applauding, and Luhan was beside her with a difficult expression to read.

"Bravo Bravo, while your daughter is dying but you keep staying with Kris? Bravo Seohyun, you are an excellent actress! You pretend to be worried mother." Yoona said.

Seohyun wanted to say something, but Kris waved dismissively. She could not change Yoona's mind, much less follow the nonsense what Yoona said.

"Let's go..." Kris said, taking the hand of Seohyun. 

Seohyun just followed him, all she did was to save her daughter. Luhan saw the scene and clenched his fists, Yoona noticed his stiff expression.

"I'm ing sick of Seohyun! Luhan, she's cheating on you before your eyes!" She said sarcastically.

"Shut up, come to make examinations!" Luhan shouted furiously.

'Seohyun, you would be responsible for... this...' He thought.


Seohyun went to Dambi's room. the little girl was connected to several machines. Seohyun sat next to her, then she took her hand, which was a little cold.

"I'll take care of you, always. My Dambi, I'll always protect you." Said Seohyun squeezing the hand of her daughter. 

The girl was still asleep. Seohyun felt Kris came and he seemed to be very impatient. 

"Want to come?" She said in a sweet tone. 

After all, in a few hours they would know the result if Dambi was the daughter of Kris.

"Can I come in?" Kris said, looking at the girl.

"Of course you can," Seohyun said.

Kris put on the right clothes and entered the room. Kris sat beside her, and took the small hand of Dambi.

"I know... we have not been closed as much as I wanted to. Dambi, I know that you don't know me well but I can save you from this situation, believe me I will. For you, Dambi... you're my daughter, a daughter leave for my stupidity..." Kris began to cry.

Seohyun felt sorry for him, he should feel guilty. Feeling that he had been a negligent father, feeling that he didn't even know he had a daughter. The tears started falling her eyes.

Kris said a few words to his daughter, and went out the room. Seohyun tried to hide her crying, wiping tears quickly. 

"Thank you for giving me this second chance," Kris said and Seohyun smiled at him.

"If anything happens to me, please take care of her..." Seohyun said, staring into his eyes.

"Seohyun, don't say that. You and the-" 

Kris was interrupted when someone cleared his throat. He looked to the other side and he saw Luhan. He looked extremly mad and obviously he was jealous.

"Seohyun, let's go." 

Luhan immediately took the hand of his wife. But Seohyun thought whether to follow him. Then Kris also took her other hand. Luhan turned around and glared at Kris.

"What the are you doing? Dammit Kris!" 
"I will not let the same thing happen again!" Said Kris firmly. 

"What are you talking about!" Shouted Luhan.

"I will not allow you abuse Seohyun again!" Kris shouted and pulled her hand.

Luhan was shocked.

"I....." Luhan stuttered as he was disoriented.

"I know that you abused her." Kris said, this time taking Seohyun his side.

"I did not mean to..." Luhan said trying to find a good excuse.

"Cursed by your jealousy huh? But you did. When will you realize that Seohyun loves you only you?!" Kris said.

Luhan looked at Seohyun, who looked scared. Her body was trembling and Kris grabbed her hand.

"Seohyun, let's go."

Seohyun was dragged away by Kris and Luhan was only left behind.

"Everything is ready," Yoona said a smiling while grabbing her purse. 

She saw Luhan and he wasn't paying attention to her. Then she saw the way he was seeing.

"Seohyun's really having an affair well, isn't she?" Yoona said smirking.

"Shut up!" Luhan said angrily and headed to his daughter's room. 

He wanted to do many things, but his head was hot and he could be hurt Seohyun again.

When he entered his daughter's room, she was connected to the machine, her skin was very pale. She had a cute smiling face but now, her smile was completely erased. Luhan cried hard...

"Forgive me I couldn't take care of you, as I promised..." Luhan cried clutching the hand of his little daughter.

Yoona saw this scene behind. It was so heartbreaking, something in her heart trembled. Something she woke this time, then she entered the room without asking permission.

Luhan watched her with tears in his eyes.

"Why are you here? Are you going to mock me!"

"No, not this time Luhan. I want to touch her..." Yoona said. 

"But why... Yoona..." 

Luhan couldn't hide his surprise, and he heavily opened his eyes. He thought it was a joke but when he saw her eyes, it was watery and showed the same concern, that for days he also saw in the eyes of Seohyun.

"Okay, just a moment."

Luhan left the room, then Yoona sat in place and took the hand of the little girl. She saw the artificial respirator that had the girl and began to cry. Luhan was surprised, he never thought Yoona's soft part. She was left her daughter without regret.

Yoona cried silently and Luhan left them alone... Maybe Yoona realized her love for her own daughter, Dambi.

After a while Yoona came out with red eyes and tried to hide it.

"We must do everything possible to save her, I am now ready to do all these tests." Yoona said, handing a small card. 

"Call me to keep me inform about the child, and the test result. I don't have time, because I have a very busy schedule."

Then Yoona walked away, leaving Luhan. He took his phone and looked for the number of his wife. Then he tried to press the button, a nurse ran to him. 

"Mr Luhan, the results are ready," Said the nurse. 

Luhan followed the nurse and they reached the office.

"Mr Luhan, I don't know what is happening here. Because the results of these tests said Ms. Im Yoona is the mother of Dambi but she's not compatible. I must tell you that the time of Dambi is not much left. You better do something soon or your girl will be in a worse state."

Before Luhan could say anything, the two were interrupted by a nurse.

"Doctor patient in room 213 is having a crisis. You must come quickly!" The doctor immediately stood up.

"We keep looking to your family, Dambi need a quick donor," Said the doctor as he went. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter