014

Mother? Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris' Flashback

I arrived at home at night, all employees were shocked by my sudden return. It had been eight years. I saw the woman who had taken care of me since I was a child. I shed a few tears. She was like a mother to me, I hugged her tightly.

She arranged my room, then suddenly she looked at me with a sad expression.

"I have something to tell you." She seemed a little sad.

She stared at me and took a few steps toward me.

"I always thought that you two would be together forever."

"What are you talking about, Hyunjung?" I asked with curiosity.

"I don't know how you let that girl, now she is part of that terrible family." She said with much severity.

"Hyunjung, I don't know what are you talking about, explain, I don't understand anything."

"Kris...... you let Seohyun, now she is part of the Xi family."

I looked at her in disbelief, what she said about Seohyun. Seohyun had grown up with the Xi family since she was 15, they were like her adoptive family.

"Hyunjung, Seohyun can't get away from the family. You know she is very fond of them, she sees them as something close to her parents, especially to Mrs Min."

My Hyunjung looked at me in a very cold way and said sternly.

"Are you playing me, Kris? I am not for your jokes!"

It sounded so severe it made me scared.

"It's not that, I just don't understand what you're talking about." My nanny pulled a chair close to me.

"My child, you really did't know what happed?"

"No, Hyunjung. I don't know what you're talking about. Please explain yourself."

"Kris... don't tell me that damn family, what they did it again."

"What are you saying that damn family?" I asked bewildered. 

My nanny, Hyunjung was very polite and lovingly, but she rarely said so, it was strange.

"I speak of Xi family. They are cursed. Since they started to lie..."

"Hyunjung?" I looked surprised.

"Kris, you're not a kid. I kept pretending I like the Xi family. But I really detest that family, because they are very immoral and keep too many secrets."

"Hyunjung..." 

When I and Luhan were children, Hyunjung never spoke ill of Luhan's family, apparently she liked them, that's what I thought until today.

"The Xi was a respected family before. But now nothing is left of morality, since Min allowed that his son married..."

"Hyunjung, what are you talking to me?" I asked, I was intrigued with what she said. 

Why she said Xi family like that? The family of my bestfriend is immoral and they have always lied to society. Why she said such a thing?

"Sooner or later, you'll know Kris, don't despair. I made a promise not to tell anyone. That's why I can't tell you."

"Hyunjung..."

"Now that I think about it, you've been eight years in the military, you should not be aware of anything. Especially their liars, my dear Seohyun was caught in their nets, and made her part of that family."

"What? Seohyun became the family?"

"Yes, my girl Seohyun changed her last name to Xi."

"So they adopted her?"

Hyunjung looked at me with a look I could not understand. The expression was between anger and understanding, she looked at me. She got up, her behavior was strange. She left for a few minutes and returns with a number of newspapers and magazines, and she gave them instantly.

"You promised me, Seohyun will be part of the Wu family. You should save her from Hyesun's clutches."

"Hyunjung..." 

I gave a promise the same day, when Yoona, Luhan, Seohyun and I, we started to England to study at university. Until then Seohyun wasn't my girlfriend, she was only my friend. Hyunjung was aware of my feelings, more before I knew it. 

My nanny, always tried to treat well to Seohyun, she treated her like a daughter. That's why she made me promise, knowing how I felt about her, if I had the opportunity or if Seohyun felt the same about me, I would do everything possible for her to officially formed part of our family. 

My nanny told me that she would like that Seohyun became my wife. I promised that I would win her heart in England, and to fulfill her wish. Seohyun and I would make a beautiful family, when we would return from England.

"You promised... but it didn't happen. Because someone took the place, Kris."

I looked at her in disbelief, I had not heard right. Oh my Hyunjung, she tried to say that Seohyun had a new love or a person who was not me?

"Hyunjung, what are you trying to say? I don't understand. Speak more clearly."

At that time she placed in my hands a magazine, which was on the cover Luhan my bestfriend, and a silhouette of a woman.

"What does that mean for Luhan? Hyunjung, I don't understand."

She looked at me curiously, like a small child who was scolding.

"It matters for your friend. We were blinded."

"Hyunjung..." I whispered as I saw the look with dissatisfaction.

She opened a magazine and stop on a page. 
"Read this page."

I picked up the magazine very nervous, I didn't know what was written there. 

Hyunjung was so mysterious, and why did she say Luhan was the reason?

I started reading carefully.

"Heir to the company Xi, Luhan plan to get married in this spring. No one knows exactly who she is, the only thing known for certain, the bride is one of the friends of college. Everyone is expecting further news of the promised..."

I looked at her, a little bewildered. It was an article, which spoke of Luhan from his marriage. But what's the matter with Seohyun or me?

"I still don't understand..."

"This clarifies your doubts."

I opened one of the pages, and found a picture of Seohyun. On that page....

"It is revealed, who is the fiancee of the heir to the Xi enterprises. She is a beautiful girl who is a year younger than Luhan, she studied like him in England..." 

My heart is starting to accelerate, I had to see Seohyun and Luhan, I had to do. Still reading, while my heart was beating faster than before, by reading every word of the article.

It is said that the bride, who lived in the countryside near the sea in Busan with her parents, but when her parents died her aunt, Mrs Min who was Luhan's grandmother and the matriarch of the Xi family, she took care of her and her business until she is growing up. 

She went to live with Xi family, there is said to be born the love between the young girl and the young heir. She is beautiful, Luhan fell in love of her innocence. 

She has studied law, she is intelligent because her grades are very high at the university. It is also said that she would have given the first heir to the Xi family. It rumored that one baby lives with them in the Xi mansion, this has not been confirmed. The name of...

"Choi Seohyun" those words echoed in my mind, it was Seohyun, Luhan's fiancee. My Seohyun was about to marry my bestfriend.

I can see a picture of the bride. She is beautiful but I can't believe it, I think they looked great together. Xi Luhan with Choi Seohyun, the new pair of high society.

It was confirmed that Seohyun was betrothed to Luhan. At that time my heart felt a great emptiness, I dropped the magazine. But suddenly my head was filled with hatred and anger.

"This is not true, Luhan and Seohyun no, they don't! What they said here is a lie!" I yelled and she looked at me.

"You think these magazines also lie, do you still believe this is a lie?"

Hyunjung showed me a stack of magazines with pictures of Seohyun and Luhan, these always spoke of marriage. That were the pictures of Seohyun and Luhan. They were together as a couple. My heart was filled with hate, at that time I wanted to go to kill Luhan.

"It's not true, there must be an explanation for this..."

"An explanation? My child... That explanation you may see, Seohyun married the enemy, she's now part of the Xi family."

"No, Seohyun is mine. Hyunjung, she can't. She was my girlfriend, before I left the army."

"What did you say Kris, tell me again!"

"Yes. I confessed to Seohyun and she accepted my feelings in England. She was in love with me, she was mine in London. This must be a mistake, this is wrong."

"Seohyun was your girlfriend before you went to the army? It was truth she was your girlfriend?"

"Yes, Hyunjung. Even I gave her a ring. It meaned to marry her when I was released from the army. She said she will wait for me."

"Kris, Luhan knew you two were dating?" 

"Sure. It was Luhan who introduced me to Seohyun, when we were teenagers."

"Were they in touch with you all these years? Kris, you haven't heard from Seohyun or Luhan, right?"

"Of course not. I was sent to one of the most remote military bases in Korea. So I'm not aware of anything, and I don't think this is true, the tabloids slander them. I'm sure it's only speculations, just that."

"Kris, I have to say no. Seohyun and Luhan, they are husband and wife now..."

"What?"

"Kris look these pictures of their wedding."

I took the pictures as I looked a little scary. They were Seohyun with a beautiful wedding dress, she was beautiful. But the man who stood beside her, was my bestfriend. He dressed as the groom. After that there were many pictures, but in the end, I found this photo.

Seohyun and Luhan shared a kiss. Luhan was kissing my girlfriend, my Seohyun. While Seohyun accepted the kiss, without saying anything.

"It can't be..." I muttered. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter