Chapter 31:I'm sorry for everything

Surviving high school

Having your lower legs exposed to the utterly freezing winter weather,you shivered as you rub your palms together.

You reached the doorstep,before knocking the door.

A pretty woman with a warm smile and a slim figure and is wearing an apron opens the door. "Annyeonghaseyo,Who is this?"she asked,with a polite smile.

You strightened your back,before bowing 90 degress to her. "Annyeonghaseyo,I'm JungKook's friend,HyunRi-imnida.He wasn't in school today so I brought him his homework and some chicken soup I bought on the way."you introduced yourself,while trying to explain why would you pay JungKook a visit.

His mother grinned,at the same time opening the door. "Ahh,keuraeyo?Come in,and have a seat."she said.

"Oh,it's okay ommonim,I've to be home as soon as possible,"you smiled,politely.

"It's okay,take your time,"she said,while going into the kitchen to pour you a glass of water.

"Kamshahamnida,"you said,while she handed you that glass of water.

"Oh,you said you're here to help JungKook with homework,right?He's upstairs."She paused,before going into the kitchen. "If you have any problems,feel free to tell me.I'll be preparing dinner." she smiled

"Arraso,ommonim,"you bowed,before heading to the second floor of JungKook's house.

"JungKook-yah?"you knocked a door which have a board with 8 capital letters 'JUNGKOOK' hanging on it.

"HyunRi?"you can practically hear he frown from his tone.

"I'm here,"you cheered,happily.

His lips couldn't help but to curve up.

"I brought you your homework and some chicken soup.Hope you'll recover faster."you said,with slight guilt.

JungKook is able to hear the guilt through your tone.

"Don't be guilty..."he said,while openeing the cap of the vaccum flask. "WAHHHH~~ It's chicken soup!!!" he chanted.

You giggled at his cute act. "Drink as much as you want,"you added.

You gaped at how fast he've managed to finish the soup because when you finished your sentence,he've already finished everything.

"It's delicious,hehe,"he chuckled a little,feeling embarassed.

"Now I shall help you with your homework,"you stated.

"No,just leave it,I'll figure it out by myself tonight."he said,while collapsing onto his bed.

You sat on the edges of the bed,while looking at him.

JungKook sat up next to you,and he requested. "Can we be slightly honest today?"

You were taken aback a little at first,but soon you nodded.

JungKook sighed.Thousands of thoughts went through his mind all of a sudden.Sleepless nights,Countless nights he had cried over her,the moment his heart broke into pieces when she started dating Ravi,the times that he thought he will be the one who will always protect her...

You stared at him.

"Honestly...it hurts,when i see you looking at Ravi.I thought I have the confidence to win over your heart at first,but no.Ravi won your heart.I knew you were happy with him so I decided to hide my true feelings and I hope it will fade away as soon as possible.But I couldn't.Everyday before I sleep,even if I close my eyes,you appear in my dream.But when I open my eyes,I would think of you.I guess I can't afford to lose you."JungKook said,while lowering his head,looking at the carpet in his room.

You teared up. "I'm sorry for everything."

He continued. "I don't blame you for it,I thought I will be able to overcome this pain by just breathing and eating.But I didn't know why whenever your face appears in my mind,I just forget about everything.I forget about myself,I forget about eating,I forget about eating,and sometimes even...breathing.It feels like someone had ripped my heart into pieces and gave it back to me.I think i can't endure it...anymore.I'm a fainthearted person."he said, head collapsing onto your shoulder.

You could see a faint of hurt in his eyes.

You hugged him,with his chin resting on your shoulders.

"Do you love me?"he asked.

You realised that the amount of attention he is paying you is way much more than Ravi's.His sentences,his jokes,the way he cares about you...These are all the things that Ravi certainly didn't do much.You aren't ready for a relationship after last two week's breakup with Ravi,but JungKook makes you feel otherwise.

You opened your mouth,preparing to speak,but just then you felt something dripping onto the cloth of your school uniform.

It was JungKook's tears.

"Don't anwer me because of you feel sorry for me.I want your real answer,"he said,with a stream of tear glistening at the corner of his eyes.

"Yes,I do."you said,firmly,signalling him that you're confident with your answer.

JungKook pulled himself away from your embrace,and he slowly stared into your eyes as he slowly approach you,with his hand holding your jaw,he pulls you into a kiss.

Your tears streamed down at the moment both of you shared the kiss.

It was different.Way different from the kisses that you and Ravi had shared.This kiss is more like forgiveness,understanding and...

love.

Breaking the kiss,JungKook held your hand and smiled "You're officially my girlfriend,"