24:Jealousy

Surviving high school

"JungKook,Mark,"you greeted them politely,no clue that they knew everything about your date with Ravi.

JungKook kept quiet.Instead,Mark spoke up.

"HyunRi,where did you went last Saturday night?"Mark asked,casually,stealing a few glance of JungKook who's biting his lower lip.

"Oh,a date with Ravi..."You admitted.

It wasn't a big problem,isn't it?

Mark nodded. "We wanted to invite you over for video games but we came over and your sister said you're out for a date."

"Oh,i see...Did you guys had fun?"you asked,with a grin.

"Quite."JungKook stated.

As 3 of you are chit-chatting,you arrived at the school.

JungKook didn't go to his locker as usual.Instead,he followed you to your locker.

"Oh,JungKook?Aren't you suppose to get your own books?"You asked,looking at him,while unlocking your locker.

"It's okay...I wanted to see if you're okay."JungKook carefully said,making you flustered.

"Yah,"you frowned,while forcing out a few chuckles. "I'm always okay...don't have to worry about me,"

"Physics,Maths,Engli..."you mumbled to yourself,pulling all those thick textbook out of your locker.

"HyunRi-ah!!!"Ravi called,loudly along the corridors which makes everyone spare him some wierd looks.

"Ohh!!Jagi!!"you exclaimed,tossing the books to JungKook,only resulting him holding the books that you tossed earlier.

You ran to him."Jagi,I missed you.."you said,planting a kiss on his cheeck.

Ravi cupped your face and turns it left and right continously while mumbling "You look like a rubber duck."

JungKook's grip on HyunRi's locker and books tightened at the sight.

You flustered,but soon he revealed that it was just a joke.

You chuckled at his childish act.

"Oh right.Mr Kim said he has award for you because you scored the highest in math in your grade."Ravi said.

"Oh really?Let's go together~"you said,holding his hand and skipped to Mr Kim's staffroom,leaving JungKook behind.

JungKook's eyes reddened,not because of tears but anger.

He slammed the locker shut and gives that an agressive kick,which it immediately formed a dent.

Not bothering that other students spare him some frightened glares,he headed straightly towards the classroom for first period.

LUNCH...

"Yay!! It's bibimbap for lunch today!!"The shikshin of the group,TaeHyung cheered,while placing his lunch tray on the table.

Seriously,this kid eats like 24/7 but he has a really high metabolism so he don't get fat no matter how much he eats.Well,in class,he can swallow two kimbaps in one period plus a bottle of 500ml of milk and he'll tell you he's hungry on the next period.

And Hoseok be like...

"But you just ate so much last period!!"

Then Taehyung will always give an uniform answer.

"I'm growing.I need food,and only food."

Hoseok will then shows him a 'seriously' face.

But since Mark and his crews joined BTS,well...BamBam and Taehyung became like,best friends.BamBam's intake was like,twice TaeHyung's.

"Hey,where's JungKook?"Mark who has just arrived,asked the other members who're already fighting for food.

"My KimChi!!"

"My bean sprout!!"

"How dare you dri-Oh Hyung,yes?"BamBam who noticed Mark's presence,replied.

Mark repeated once again for the younger. "Where's JungKook?"

BamBam shrugged,before returning his gaze back to his own lunch tray,only to see that TaeHyung has already stolen one piece of his bulgogi,and was now grinning so brightly right infront of him.

"YAAH!!KIM TAEHYUNG GIVE ME BA-"BamBam literally shouted,but Taehyung was fast enough to toss the meat into his mouth and chew it oh-so-deliciously.

Mark spared both of them a wierd look,but was still anxious about JungKook.No doubt,he must've heard the news from someone who had witnessed the scene this morning.

"I saw JungKook at the football field just now."TaeHyung swallowed the meat,before turning his head to talk to Mark.

"Thanks,"Mark said,running away from the two chaos which BamBam was now attempting to headlock Taehyung.

Running towards the football field,Mark panted hardly.Sure he is good in martial arts-but that doesn't mean he's good at running.Well,the distance from the cafeteria to the football field is quite long though.

Mark looked around,and spotted him his studded snapback,which sold him out for his own identity.

"YAH JUNGKOOK."Mark screamed,only to see the younger one held his head up and stared blankly at him for a few seconds,before lowering his head down again.

Mark skipped towards his direction,and sit next to him.

"Don't be sad...I'm sure that things will get better."Mark patted his back.

JungKook remained silent.

Mark isn't really good at making other's feel better.Not to mention lovesick,even he's bad at cheering up his best friend,Jackson.

"I'm fine,hyung"JungKook spoke.

"Arraso...I'll try to help my dongsaeng and you,too."Mark patted his back,and showed him a reassuring smile.

JungKook smiled,bitterly and nodded.

Mark glanced at his watch. "5 more minutes."he paused. "Have you had lunch?"

JungKook shook his head.

Mark digged through his unorganised bag and reached for a lunch box which was packed with sandwiches.

He opened the lid,taking out two pieces of it before shoving it towards JungKook.

"Gomawo,hyung."he smiled,a little,before grabbing a few pieces and stuffed it into his mouth.

Mark can only help him temporaily.He can't help him for long term because jealousy isn't something one can control.

Especially when it was your friend's jealousy.