Chapter 30:A talk with NamJoon

Surviving high school

Sehun's comment made you unintentionally stayed up all night.

His wise words keep spinning around your mind.

You barely had a 2 hour sleep before going to the school.

You yawned.Reaching for your smartphone,only to discover a new message sent by JungKook a few minutes ago.

"HyunRi,I will be absent for school today.My mom asked me to stay home because of my bruises.Can you please maybe please take my homework for me?"

You tapped the screen of your smartphone to reply him.

"Sure,no worries.I'll visit you after school."

After that,you slid your phone back into your pocket before yelling towards the kitchen's direction,where your mother is preparing breakfast for your dad,oppa and unnie who are still getting ready.

"Mom,I'll be home slightly late today because I will pay my friend who's sick a visit."

Your mom yelled back.

"Ah,is that so?Then please come back as early as possible."

You let out a "Arraso."before leaving the house without eating breakfast.

It's not like you don't eat anyway,its just because you've to walk alone today without JungKook and you don't want to be late.

When you reached the school,you bumped into NamJoon who is also surprising early,today.

"Oh,NamJoon?"you called,softly.

Both of his ears were plugged with earphones but as soon as he sees you,he kept it away and greeted you.

"Oh,HyunRi!!Mornin,"he said,smiling.

"JungKook wouldn't..."you tried to explain why you're walking alone today.

"Ah,I knew it already,He messaged me,too."NamJoon stated,while giving you a big grin,showing his dimples.

Just then,the bell rings.

"I guess I'll see you on lunch then,"NamJoon said,waving,and ready to leave.

"Wait,NamJoon."you called.

He stopped,before turning back to face you,with a not-so-attractive-but-rather-super-hot-and-cute smile of his.

"May I talk to you later?Like,privately?"you asked.

NamJoon nodded a little. "Meetup at?"

"Auditorium."you replied.

He smiled before leaving,while at the same time waving.

You then head for your class after he left.

=================================

LUNCH.

You waited for NamJoon patiently at the empty auditorium.

You knew no one would ever be in the auditorium,not especially after you just had your meal.

"Heyy,"he called,whic resulting you turning your head to meet his gaze.

"Have you eaten?"he asked.

You shook your head.

He handed you a burger and a banana milk.

"Thank you,"you said,while accepting his offer.

"So..what's the aim you wanted to talk to me,today?"NamJoon said,before unwrapping his burger and devour into it.

You tugged at the hem of your skirt and hesitated,not knowing how to bring the title up.

NamJoon noticed that,too,and he said "C'mon,just spill it out,"

You took a deep breathe,and say "Is JungKook liking someone?"

NamJoon was a little bewildered at first,but then he takes another bite of burger before he starts talking.

"I don't think there's any need to hid this anymore,"he whispered.

You look at his face,desprately waiting for his answer.

"I couldn't afford to be called the leader of Bangtan,but I knew what's going on on everyone in my group,I knew JungKook pretty well,too.JungKook is a guy who does not and will not show his affection towards someone he like.He'd rather stay behind and hope his crush be happy always,and he will always be the guy who every girl friend-zoned.But we can't blame him for that,he's just too kind."Namjoon stated.

You nodded in agreement,because what he said were all true.

"Perhaps he looks all bright on he outside,i bet,well no,i've actually seen him crying almost everyday when he's all alone."NamJoon said,while letting out a deep sigh,before he continues. "I don't really want to burden you,at the same time I don't want JungKook to be hurt,but,the truth is,you are the person who JungKook is crushing on.

You frowned. "It's not that I do not believe your words,but do you have stronger proves?"

NamJoon sighed.

--------Flashback--------

That videogame night...

JaeBum was washing dishes that they used for dinner.

He silently cursed his luck for being so unlucky losing the game "Rock,Paper,Scissors"

After he done washing uncountable dishes,he decided to walk to the living room to play video games with Mark.

When he heard JungKook and Mark talking,he stopped and decided not to interupt them.

But what surprised him was-

"So...honestly,you liked HyunRi,don't you."Mark casually asked,gaze still fixed onto the screen of the LED 48" plasma smart TV.

JungKook glanced at Mark before admitting "Y-yeah...I do...hyung?"

JaeBum gaped at the sudden confession of the maknae of BTS.

Dropping the idea of playing the video games,he immediately text all the BTS members to tell them what he heard.He knew that was so wrong but he was doing it for Jungkook's own good.

----End of Flashback----

"It was JaeBum who told us he overheard the conversation...how did he knew...we all didn't know." NamJoon shrugged (*All bts members were absent on videogames night except for JungKook)

"Oh..."you said,feeling guilty as ever.

"It's okay,just follow your heart.I'm sure you know what you want."NamJoon comforts you,while patting your shoulder.

"Arraso,gomawo,NamJoon-ah."you said.

"I suggest you don't let him wait for too long,"NamJoon said,before leaving you alone in the auditorium. "I have to go,"

You bid goodbye to him,but your mind is still processing what he've just said.