17:Best friend's date with my boyfriend

Surviving high school

"Over here,"you waved at Jessica who's busy dumping her textbook and slammed the locker,anticipating to her first 'meeting' with her crush a.k.a your current boyfriend,Ravi.

"Can we get going now?"she smiled a little as her face flushed a shade of light pink when she approaches you at the corridor.

"Sure,I asked Ravi to wait for us at the cafe,"you said,pretend that you're busy playing with your fingers.

Somehow you felt unsecure because Jessica is a girl that every guy wanted to date.She's pretty,kind,slim,outgoing...

You shook your head. 'Trust your boyfriend,HyunRi.Have faith in him,' your inner voice spoke.

Jessica probably was too immersed in her own thoughts and never noticed what you've done.she chirped lightly "Remember what I've told you?Pretend to go to the washroom so we can have some private time."

You nodded,and smile weakly "Sure,Jess,Don't worry."

Moments later,you and Jessica arrived at the cafe,only to see Ravi dressed up nicely and neatly.You gave him a smile,which in a result,he gave you a thumbs up to reassure you.You took a deep breathe,and advanced towards the coffee table.

"Hey Ravi,meet my friend,Jessica Jung."you introduced Jessica to him.

"Oh,Annyeong,Ravi imnida."he bowed a little,then scratched the back of his neck due to the awkwardness.

"Ravi-sunbaenim,nice to meet you.I'm Jessica.Or you can call me Jess,for short."Jessica said,with a grin plastered on her pretty face.

"Sure,Jess."He replied.

"Oh Ravi sunbaenim,I heard that you're the MVP of the state basketball tournament,is it true?"Jessica asked.

"Yeah,It's just nothing..."he replied,with a giggle.

"Wow,You're amazing..."Jessica said,with an admire look on her face.

Both of them chatted for some time while you felt bored and keep checking on your phone which isn't even ringing for once.

"Uhm,I guess I have to go...my mom's calling me."you said,while standing up and grabbing your backpack.

Jessica nodded lightly and waved to you "Oh then,Goodbye!!See you tomorrow,"

Ravi bid goodbye to you too,before continuing the conversation with Jessica.

Stepping out of the cafe,your heart felt heavy because you're still insecure with your own feelings.What if Ravi fell for her and dump you?

What if....

What if...

"Oh HyunRi,"you mumbled,while shaking your head violently,"Have faith in him,"

You took almost a decade to walk home because you felt every step you took was thousand pound heavy.

You're still worried,anyway.

DING-DONG.

JungKook appeared at the doorstep.

"Why is your hand bandaged?"you asked,eyes widened.

"I fell and broke my fist."he casually said,which he thinks it sounded like a dumb excuse.

"Oh,so why are you here?"you asked.

"Aren't you suppose to give me History tutor today?"he asked.

You sighed."Sure,come in."

JungKook stepped into your house,examined your face for a couple of seconds and had sensed that something went wrong.

"What happened?"he asked,concerned.

"A..ani,nothing."you faked a smile.

He frowned and stared at you a few seconds before nodding and opening his textbook to a new chapter that the History teacher had just taught the lesson today.

"So...?Where do we start?"JungKook asked.

You are seriously immersed in your own thoughts about 'Should I trust Ravi plus if not Jess is still my best friend I have to trust her'

"Excuse me?"JungKook swings his palms left and right infront of your drifted-away gaze.

You still did not noticed him.

JungKook sighed loudly,and closed his History textbook which makes you snapped back to reality.

"What?What did you just say?"you asked.

JungKook looked at you closely,before a dissapointed expression flashed across his handsome face.

"Since when did you don't trust me anymore?"JungKook said,tears starting to well his eyes.

You were shocked.You've never seen this side of JungKook.

"W..what?"you stuttered.

"Do you still se me as your friend?"JungKook's tears couldn't help but to pour out from his eyes.

"C..Cal..Calm down...Jun...JungKook.Sur...Sure you're...s...still...m..my frien...friend!"you stuttered,even more due to the nervousness. 

"Then why don't you share your problems with me?"he said,between light sobs.

"No...Kookie.It's just some personal problems."you explained

"How personal was that?"he replied,still sobbing.

You kept quiet.You don't want him to know that you're dating Ravi.

JungKook saw that you decided to keep secrets from him,he packed his things and headed to the door.

"JungKook,please don't."you grabbed his wrist,tears starting to form in your eyes.

"No,HyunRi.I've to leave now."he said,before breaking the contact, and ran out of your house.

"JungKook..."you called,weakly before falling to the ground,bursting out of tears.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook ran non-stop until he felt his thigh mucles are aching.

He panted,while grabbing the sports bottle from his backpack and devour them.

Walking to a bench where he saw,he settled himself down.

Why am I being so mean to her suddenly?

It wasn't her fault tho,everyone has their privacy.

But,why is she hiding the fact that she's dating Ravi?

Jungkook's grip on the sports bottle tightened,as if he was to squeezed the bottle until it's broken.

He was mad,sure.Because he was not able to protect her.

He was sad,too.Because he couldn't afford to be her 'guy'.

He was dissapointed,either.Because HyunRi doesn't trust him.

He never felt this sad,before.He never teared up for a girl.This is the first time.

He needs someone to talk to.

Pulling out his phone,he dialed his number.

"Yeoboseiyo?"

"Ne,Mark hyung?"