Chapter 8

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's eyes fluttered, trying to adjust to the surroundings. Feeling a weight on her stomach, she saw her husband's peaceful face in front of her. 

Lifting her hand, she caressed Yuri's head and entangled her fingers in his soft, brown hair. She had missed him so much during this period of time. Especially now since Tiffany and Taeyeon were in a bad patch, it was involving Yuri and Jessica as well. 

' God... How I missed you, Seobang-ah.. ' 

The blonde watched Yuri move and snuggle deeper into her flat stomach. It was a habit since they were dating in high school, looks like it had never changed. 

Turning to her right, she saw her twins hugging Seohyun protectively while Hyoyeon was hugging Yoona tightly on her left. She had put everyone through so much worry. 

" Sica! " 

The door opened and in came running Miss Tiffany Hwang and her heels knocking against the ground. Jessica rolled her eyes at her best friend and opened her arms, waiting for Tiffany to hug her. 

" Hi, Fany.. How long have I been out? " 

" It's been 2 days, Honey. How are you feeling now? " Tiffany sat on the extra chair on the other side of the bed, holding Jessica's hand gently. 

" I'm feeling fine. How long has Seobang been sitting here waiting for me? " Jessica went back to massaging her husband's head as she gazed at him lovingly. 

" He's been here throughout the 2 days. Yuri's one stubborn monkey. He hasn't been eating much the past 2 days that you were sleeping. Yoong was trying to make his father eat but instead, decided to feed Soojung since Yuri wasn't in the mood for anything. " Tiffany smiled and walked towards Yoona who had been sitting in an awkward position with Hyoyeon hugging her like a koala. 

Shaking Yoona gently, Tiffany pointed towards the hospital bed and placed her index finger over her lips. The doe-eyed girl got up and stretched painfully, feeling the strain in her neck.

" Unnie. " Yoona whispered and rushed towards the chair which Tiffany had been sitting on. Her tears were welling up in her eyes as she looked at Jessica's heartwarming smile.

Two whole days without her motherly smile was enough but having her brother act like a zombie was way too painful for her to take. She had been taking care of the twins for these 2 days and it was starting to tire her out especially since Taeyeon was also sick. 

" Hi, Yoona. You should go home and get some sleep. Really, get enough rest. You're gonna collapse if you don't go and sleep. " Jessica warned with a mischievious smile and gestured her to go home. 

Looking back at Tiffany, the two made eye signals and agreed that Yuri should tell Jessica the good news himself since he was her husband. 

*

" Umma, where's Fany? " Taeyeon rubbed his eyes and walked downstairs, looking for Tiffany the moment he had woken up from his sleep. 

" She's visiting Sica at the hospital. Jessica's 3 weeks pregnant. " Mrs Kim smiled, looking at her crossword book. 

Taeyeon smiled proudly until he realised that his friendship with Yuri and Jessica was probably long gone into the drain. 

" Taeyeon, Umma has some things to say to you. Come here and sit there. " Mrs Kim placed the book on the table and patted the seat opposite her. 

The blonde boy nodded weakly and walked towards the chair, placing his hands on the table with a blank look in his eyes. 

" Your father, Tiffany and I have been waiting for you to sign the papers. " 

" W-What? You know about this? " 

" Yes. The papers were also drafted by me. If you had seen her when she came over that day, you would have succumbed to her request like I did." Mrs Kim said, her son was in the wrong and she wasn't going to defend that. 

" Umma, how could you? Why didn't you stop her? " Taeyeon pulled at his hair in frustration. 

" Kim Taeyeon. Did you know how badly you hurt her? She was on the verge of losing it, Taeyeon. She was breaking down in front of our very eyes. She went on her knees to apologise for asking for a divorce. " The older woman bellowed.

 The mother and son were now stuck in an awkward silence with tension feeling the air with every passing minute. 

" I hope you realise how good of a woman you married. She doesn't want you to know but she has been taking care of you ever since you collapsed. When she was going back to the hospital, she would call me over. " 

Mrs Kim finished and walked to the door, leaving for the hospital since Taeyeon was now well and his fever was totally gone. 

*

Tiffany and Yoona had left the hospital with all the kids except Soojung and Yoong who were still in their deep slumber. They were definitely Jessica's children alright. 

" Sica... Y-You're awake! " Yuri's eyes spilled tears and he leaned over the bed worriedly, checking on his wife. 

" Seobang, I'm okay. I've been awake since this morning but I decided to let you sleep since Fany has been keeping me company. I told Yoong to go home and get some sleep too. " Jessica cupped Yuri's cheeks, caressing them tenderly.

" You've lost weight, Baby. Aigoo, do you not know how to take care of yourself? " Jessica pouted at her husband and brought him closer, kissing him on the lips. 

The two enjoyed their moment before hearing a loud thud from the sofa on her right, Yoong had rolled onto the floor.

" My handsome boy... How has he been? " Jessica was concerned, Yoong had always been more attached to her than Yuri and Yuri wasn't one who could discipline them.

Instead, he protected the twins throughout everything and made sure they were safe and happy with whatever they had. Yuri was a loving father, he just wasn't strict enough and Jessica was perfect in that sense. 

" He's been taking care of Soojung. Amazing, isn't it? " 

They both let out a small chuckle when Yoong just rolled on the carpet and continued sleeping in the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter