Chapter 5

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Kwon Yuri. I said to make breakfast for them, not to play XBox with Yoona and the kids! " Jessica pinched her husband's ear as she pulled him up. " Ow, Sica! Ow, ow! " Yuri chanted like a mantra and held onto his ear painfully, trying to ease the pain. 

Yoona, Yoong and Hyoyeon burst into a fit of giggles as they watched the man of the house get scolded by Jessica. It was prefectly natural to see this routine between Jessica and Yuri. 

" Sicababy, I'm sorry. " Yuri pouted after Jessica let go of his ear, looking at him with his arms crossed. 

" Shut up. Make breakfast, Seobang. " Jessica replied coldly and went back to the living room, hiding her small smile from Yuri's eyes. 

' Gosh. Is she on her period? ' Yuri thought and took out a couple of rice cakes, slicing them gingerly. 

Jessica slumped her body on the other couch, watching the children play Xbox with Yoona. Tiffany was still sleeping and Seohyun was drinking her milk in her crib. Soojung as usual, was still in dreamland. She definitely got Jessica's genes in that aspect. 

" Unnie, are you feeling okay? You look a bit pale. " Yoona said as she stood and walked towards her sister-in-law lying on the sofa. She placed her forehead on Jessica's and gave a weird look. 

There was no reason why Jessica was pale because she had no fever and she wasn't sick. There was just one option left and the symptoms hadn't shown yet. 

" Oh my god. " Jessica whispered before she ran to the bathroom, pushing past her husband who was in the midst of throwing the rice cakes into the pot. 

" Yah! " Yuri yelled in shock and quickly dived to catch the flying rice cakes, it was like his life depended on those white pieces of spongy things. 

He ended up on the floor with his hands filled with rice cakes, Yuri sighed in relief but realised that the person who pushed past him was his wife and she ran to the bathroom. 

" Yoong! Check on Sica for me! " Yuri yelled and before he knew it, Yoona was already at the bathroom door waiting for Jessica to come out. 

" Yah, Oppa. What are you doing on the floor? What if the kids see this? Get your up and make their breakfast. " Yoona pinched his ear and pulled her brother up, slapping his . 

Hearing the flush from the bathroom, Yuri and Yoona looked at each other before rushing to the toilet door. Jessica came stumbling out into Yoona's arms. 

" Unnie, are you okay? " Yoona asked, caressing Jessica's head gently while Yuri supported his wife's waist. 

" I'm fine. I just need to lie down. Seobang, the kids are yours today. Don't make me worry, please. " Jessica cupped Yuri's cheek and placed a short but deep kiss on his lips before Yoona helped her out of the kitchen. 

Yuri nodded and he was feeling a bit worried, Jessica wasn't one to get sick so easily and here she was vomiting all the contents of her stomach. In the midst of all his worries, Soojung walked into the kitchen rubbing her eyes cutely. 

" Appa? Soojung's hungry. " Yuri smiled and bent down, opening his arms for his baby girl. Soojung walked towards her father and wrapped her arms around Yuri's neck. 

" What do you want for breakfast, Princess? " 

" Hamburger. " 

" It's not healthy to eat that in the morning, Baby. Umma will give you a bad scolding later. How about trying some of Appa's spicy rice cakes when I'm finished? " Yuri rubbed his nose against Soojung's, giggling after some time. 

" Keke, okay. " 

The sweet father-daughter moment was interrupted when Tiffany came into the kitchen with a crying Seohyun in her arms. She had a a bit of a frustrated look on her face before her eyes met Yuri's. 

" What are you looking for, Fany-ah? " 

" Seohyun's milk powder. Have you seen it anywhere? I don't remember where I put it the day I moved here. " Tiffany smiled albeit sheepishly as she felt embarassed, not knowing where her own daughter's milk powder was.

" I knew you would forget. But I didn't expect you to be so blur. It's on the shelf next to you. " Yuri chuckled and used Soojung's little hand to point at the tin of powder.

" Thanks, Yuri-ah. I'll join you guys in a while, just let me feed my little baby first. She's been whining and crying for so long. " 

Yuri and Soojung waved to the red-haired lady and her baby before they continued their father-daughter moment where it was left off. He treasured his family so much, he couldn't imagine how life would be like without any of them. 

Including Taeyeon. 

*

*

Taeyeon was sitting in his living room with a bottle of Jack Daniels on the table. He was unable to get over the fact that the divorce papers were lying in his hands. He asked for this , now it was biting him in the . As high as his pride was, he loved Tiffany sincerely. The day where Yuri brought Tiffany over for the last time, he had paid Ji Eun to stage an act with him. 

His eyes widened, remembering the letter from Tiffany he was suppsoed to read. Taking out the letter from his pocket with shaky hands, the first line already broke his heart to on end. 

 

Hi, Baby Taeyeon. 

I don't know what to say to you after what you did a few days ago. To be honest, I really wanted to come back and patch things up between us. I had no plans of divorcing you until I saw you with your secretary. I have been your wife for almost 4 years and I have never regretted it. Your actions have definitely hurt me more than once, I never thought of leaving you throughout those 4 years.

We've been dating since we were in university. I waited for you to finish your military service, never once looked at any other guy except my friends who are also your friends. I've been faithful to you since the day you asked me out, you even asked Jessie if you could date me. 

Let me remind you of what you did on Tuesday, sweetheart. Kwon Yuri is your best friend. Even when you screwed up, he covered your because he didn't want to see you get beaten or scolded by your parents. He has been doing so much for you and what did you do? I don't think I wanna even mention how badly you hit him. Guess what he told Jessie - " I fell while I was climbing a tree to help an old lady get a cat. " 

On that day, you accused me of loving Yuri. The guy who has been there for me besides you all this time, he's like a younger brother to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter