Chapter 16

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri and Jessica were lying in bed together, letting the silence engulf their senses. They weren't doing anything, simply enjoying the feeling of having each other close like this. Tiffany and Taeyeon had brought the kids out for an outing since Yuri preferred to stay at home and enjoy some couple time with his wife, something Jessica would love as well. 

“Seobang, what time do you have to go for physio?” Jessica asked, her hand tracing circles on his chest. Yuri's eyes opened lazily and he brought his right hand up, looking at the time on his watch. It was 10.30am, his therapy was much later at 5pm. 

“Around five… Why?” Yuri asked, turning to face Jessica. 

Jessica just flashed him a gorgeous smile and buried her face into his chest, ignoring his looks of hunger directed at her. She knew that he wanted her but she didn't want to aggravate his injuries. Yuri's arms automatically locked her in his arms, squeezing Jessica slightly. 

“Mm... I love you so much, Sica.” Yuri mumbled into her hair, sniffling his wife's hair. “I love you too, Kwon Yuri.” Jessica whispered. 

Yuri chuckled, catching Jessica's attention this time. She pushed herself back slightly so she could look at Yuri and ask him why he was suddenly laughing. “I didn't say it as a question, Honey. I can say it anytime and you don't always have to reply me.” Yuri's pearly whites shining down at Jessica. 

It was moments like these where Jessica couldn't stop herself from falling even deeper for her husband. Yuri made the simplest things so magical that her world had changed quite a bit ever since they got married. Whether it was a good or bad change, Jessica could never regret it. 

“Yuri?” Jessica whispered. 

“Hmmm?”

“Why did you fall for me?” Jessica asked in a softer tone. 

 

Flashback. 

Yuri was walking along the field with his head hung, feeling heartbroken like never before. He had just caught sight of Jessica holding onto another popular jock. Maybe it silly of him to assume just like that but he couldn't help it, not when they had been fighting for the last couple of days as well.

“Yuri! Bro, over here!” Yuri turned around and found Donghae, one of his good friends waving to him. Behind Donghae were Daniel, Tyler and Baro. “Why you looking so down these days?” Tyler asked, exchanging handshakes with Yuri. 

“Nothing. I'm good.” Yuri said, forcing out a small smile. 

“Jessica, huh?” Donghae asked with sympathy, patting Yuri's back in concern.

“Just dump her, man. She's not going to like you for real. For all you know, you might just be another one of her flings.”

Those words seemed to have struck Yuri because he could literally feel his heart cracking into pieces. He didn't want to be Jessica's fling, he wanted to marry her and have a family. 

“... Since she's just another ...”

Yuri's eyes widened and he looked up, glaring at Tyler with hatred in his eyes. Yuri stood up and grabbed Tyler's collar, pressing the older guy onto the tree. “Don't you dare call her that! Take it back, now!” Yuri shouted, his eyes burning with tears of anger.

The boys were all taken aback by Yuri's sudden outburst, none of them knew how sentimental Yuri could be when it came to the topic of love. They looked at Tyler worriedly, wondering if Yuri might just snap and beat the living out of him. “Yul-hyung, calm down. Fighting isn't going to do you any good. Tyler-hyung, apologise.” Baro, the peaceful one tried his best to make peace between the two boys. 

‘Where's Taeyeon when you need him?’ Donghae thought, Taeyeon was like a brother to Yuri and seemingly the only one who can control him other than Jessica. 

“I was merely stating facts.”

Baro facepalmed.

“I warned you... Damn it!” Yuri said and struck his fist into Tyler's face with all his might, not caring about the consequences awaiting him anymore. 

Yuri didn't stop there, he straddled the older guy on the floor and continued hitting him. He wasn't aware that as he did so, his tears were falling down as well. Tyler couldn't find another way to shield himself so he pushed Yuri off him.

“!” Yuri cried out as he felt his temple collide with something hard on the ground. “YURI!” Donghae cried out, holding Yuri's bleeding face in his palms. Yuri's temple collided with a rock on the ground and the blood was visible on the rock too. Tyler wanted to cry and apologise for doing that but Yuri had started the fight. 

“Baro, call Taeyeon and get the Nurse here.” Baro immediately scurried off and into the school he went, trying to find Taeyeon as quickly as possible. 

Call it fate, kismet or destiny. Baro had bumped into the cause of the crisis on his way to Taeyeon's class. Jessica Jung was seemingly frantic as well, she had been looking for Yuri ever since the start of school but he was nowhere to be found. 

“Baro! Have you seen Yuri?” Jessica asked, grabbing him by the arm. “Why do you care?” Baro rolled his eyes and shook her arm off him, running towards Taeyeon's class room. 

Jessica didn't know why Baro was so cold to her so she decided to follow him, maybe she would be able to find out the reason for the cold shoulder. Baro knew Jessica wasn't going to give in so easily, he gave up and just headed to Taeyeon's classroom. 

“Mr Lee, can I borrow Taeyeon for a while? The nurse needs to see him for his regular check up.” Baro fibbed, earning a surprised glance from Taeyeon. Taeyeon followed Baro out of class and saw Jessica behind him, waving weakly. “What is it, Baro? I'm graduating this year; I can't afford to miss my classes.” Taeyeon scolded harshly, he hated getting disrupted from class. 

“It's Yuri-hyung... H-He's...”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter