Chapter 18

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany awoke to Taeyeon's nose pressed against her neck, his soft breathing tickling her. She couldn't remember the last time she had seen Taeyeon still in bed when she woke up. Taeyeon always left for the office way before she woke up and came back after she had fallen asleep. “Taeng...” Tiffany shook her husband lightly, hoping he wasn't late for work, “Taeyeon...”

Taeyeon groaned, tightening his arms around Tiffany. He hadn't had such a good sleep in a long while and he wasn't going to wake up now. “Baby, why are you still home? Are you late?” Tiffany asked, running her fingers through Taeyeon's soft hair. She loved the feel of Taeyeon's short brown hair for it always gave off a rather satisfying feeling.

Taeyeon opened his eyes and shifted his position, enveloping Tiffany in his embrace. He couldn't recall the last time he held his wife this close, “I miss you and I'm gonna keep you company today.”

Tiffany felt her heart leap with joy as those words left Taeyeon's mouth. She never doubted Taeyeon's ability to juggle workload and family but he really wasn't the type to skip work for her. When he wanted to, Tiffany wouldn't allow it for it was unprofessional.

“I'm all yours today and I won't take no for an answer. I've already taken leave for today and Yuri even advised me to since there are no meetings or clients coming to see us today.” Taeyeon mumbled, staring into Tiffany's eyes. 

The redhead was about to kiss him when she realised her two babies weren't making any noise, it was too odd since the two usually served as her alarm clock. Before she could open  to say anything, Taeyeon pressed his lips on hers. 

“Hyoyeon and Seohyun are with Sica and Sunny at their house. Don't worry. All you have to do today is spend time with your husband here and knock off your duties, you're mine today.”

Tiffany wrapped an arm around Taeyeon's neck, holding his face with the other hand. She really missed looking at Taeyeon like this. His soft facial features never failed to calm her raging heart and those eyes of his always bore into her soul effortlessly. 

“I love you.”

Taeyeon pecked Tiffany's lips, “I love you too, Fany.”

As much as they wanted to stay in bed more, Taeyeon knew that he couldn't let Tiffany be cooped up at home for so long so she could recover. He was going to bring Tiffany on a date, exactly like old times. 

“Baby, will you go on a date with me today?” Taeyeon asked, rubbing Tiffany's cheeks lovingly. 

An odd expression was plastered on Tiffany's face, was her husband actually asking her on a date when they have already been married for 4 years? 

“Come on…” Taeyeon pouted, looking at how Tiffany seemed to be judging him right now. Tiffany bit her lower lip to hide her smile, “Fine…”

Tiffany felt like her chest and shoulders got a lot lighter after leaving the house, finally taking in a deep breath of the fresh air outside. She didn't know how she managed to survive everyday by just staying at home and taking care of the children, it seemed like she had just returned to civilisation. 

“Taeng, where are we going?”

After receiving no response, Tiffany found her husband walking towards the playground. She shook her head and followed behind, Taeyeon hasn't grown up at all. 

“Fany, do you remember this playground?” Taeyeon asked, sitting down on the slide with a wide grin.

The kids running and playing in the playground stopped whatever they were doing, staring at Taeyeon with curious expressions. Why was a handsome, grown guy sitting on the slide where they played catching at? 

“Oppa...”

Taeyeon looked to his left and found a little girl with huge eyes tugging on his hoodie, trying to get his attention. He looked back at Tiffany but the woman looked back at him with a blank expression, indicating that she had no idea who the little girl was.

“Yes, sweetie?”

“Why are you sitting here?”

Taeyeon feigned a shocked pression, patting the little girl's head, “Aigoo, Oppa can’t sit here?” To his and Tiffany's surprise, the little girl shook her head with a slightly downcast expression. Stretching out a hand for a handshake,  “What's your name, baby girl?”

The little girl just giggled and shook Taeyeon's hand shyly, hiding behind the slide, “Soojung…” Tiffany's eyes twinkled and she knelt down to meet Soojung's eyes, “Your name is Soojung? My god-daughter's name is Soojung too, hehe…”

For a while, Soojung was stunned at Tiffany's beautiful eye smile and she couldn't say a word. Taeyeon shrugged, looking at the non-responsive girl. “Unnie, you're really, really pretty...” Tiffany giggled and felt her face warm a little at Soojung's words, a kid was actually complimenting her and calling her 'Unnie' was a bonus. She still looked young enough for people to call her 'Unnie' instead of 'Imo'. 

“You're a pretty girl too… Have you met this Oppa?” Tiffany pointed at Taeyeon who was waving at Soojung dorkily. 

Soojung nodded and walked to Tiffany, taking her hand. Tiffany let Soojung bring her to the edge of the playground where there were loads of flowers and bushes staring back at the woman. Unconsciously, Tiffany was enchanted by the flowers and Soojung noticed it. 

Soojung lifted her little hand, placing a flower behind Tiffany's ear, “Unnie, here...” Tiffany returned the favour and placed a pink rose behind Soojung's ear, “You can have one too.”

Taeyeon took out his phone, snapping a picture of Tiffany. He questioned himself, how long Tiffany had been going through depression? How long had she been dealing with loneliness? How long had she been holding the problems and issues in her heart?  

Why didn't he ever ask if she was doing fine? 

“Bye, Unnie! Bye, Oppa!” Soojung waved sadly, holding her mother's hand. 

Tiffany waved goodbye before going back to her husband who seemed to be zoning out by now. She was getting worried, Taeyeon seemed to look a little listless compared to when they first left the house. “Baby, are you feeling okay?” Tiffany knelt, looking at Taeyeon. 

“Hmm... Where's the little princess?” Taeyeon asked, looking around. “She waved goodbye a while ago, did you not see it?” She frowned when Taeyeon shook his head cluelessly, staring back at her with an innocent expression. 

Tiffany held onto his face, “are you feeling okay?”

Taeyeon bit his lip and smiled at his wife, today was her well-deserved break.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter