Chapter 37

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny stood in front of the mirror, measuring her own bust, waist and hip as she hummed a soft tune to herself. She had been trying to lose weight recentfully, much to Sooyoung's displeasure. He also reprimanded her a lot more for being so insecure about her body, because he loved her the way she was now. Sunny hated him for being so skinny, because she always thought she looked like a fat cow beside him.

“My waist… increased by three inches?!”

Her jaw dropped as she measured her waist again; how could she be putting on weight when she was dieting and exercising like crazy? It was impossible as she thought about it over and over again; this couldn’t be happening. She quickly ran out of the bathroom and bounced onto the bed, shaking the hell out of her poor boyfriend who was still in dreamland. 

“Sooyoung! Sooyoung! Wake up!”

“W-What, baby?”

Sunny straddled her boyfriend’s waist and placed her palms on his chest, pouting as she waited for Sooyoung to open his eyes. She didn’t want to grow fatter, especially when her s already looked as if they were about to burst. Sooyoung groaned and threw an arm over his swollen eyes; they had watched ‘Boss Baby’ last night and he cried when it neared the ending.

Sooyoung pouted and held Sunny's waist, pulling her to lie on top of him. He ran his fingers through her hair and sighed, “what’s wrong now, baby? You were complaining about the same thing two days ago.”

“My waist expanded by three inches.”

“What a way to say it.”

Sunny smacked Sooyoung’s chest for teasing her and was about to get off when she felt herself hit his toned body once more; he was being very clingy this morning. Sooyoung couldn’t hide his triumph at getting his girlfriend to shut up though; he could hear her out any day about anything but not when it was about her weight or her body. If she wasn't going to listen to his good intentions then Sooyoung would have to do this. 

“Come on,” Sooyoung pushed himself to sit up against the headboard and gave Sunny a kiss on the forehead, “I’ll go make breakfast.”

“I’m not eating.”

Sooyoung had enough of this diet thing, especially when he was fascinated with Sunny's appearance now. She had everything that he ever wanted in a girl; Sunny was petite, had a good heart and she was a well-rounded girlfriend in every sense of the word. He didn't want her to change, neither did he want a skeletal girlfriend. He didn't want to be so skinny but he had a high metabolism rate which couldn't be helped.

He got off the bed and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, “when are you going to realise that you don’t need to lose weight? I don't want to date a girl that's so insecure and doesn't eat for the sake of losing weight.”

Sunny was completely taken aback at her boyfriend’s outburst; she had never seen him so mad before and it was scaring her. She sat silently on the bed as she watched him take deep breaths, blowing through his lips. Sooyoung never expressed displeasure or anger at her because he had a high tolerance, and he rarely got pissed off with anyone, much less her. He was a straw bag that never reacted but he looked just like a ticking time bomb now. 

“Think about it. You’re not losing weight to be healthy, you’re losing weight because you feel that you don’t look good – why would you do that to yourself?”

Sooyoung finished his piece and stormed out of the room, not even waiting for Sunny to reply. He felt horrible towards her, knowing that she was so afraid to stand next to him. because he was skinny. He didn't want to stay at home and face his insecure girlfriend because there would be harsher words and a worst temper if they were in the same space. He simply threw on a t-shirt lying on the sofa and left the apartment without his car keys.

Sunny flinched when she heard the front door slam. 

Oh God, Sooyoung was really mad.

 

“A-And he walked out!”

Tiffany and Jessica couldn’t help but shake their heads at the bawling woman, taking her into their warm arms. As much as they had foreseen a few arguments here and there, they never expected something like Sooyoung walking out on Sunny afterward. He had always been so gentle and loving towards Sunny, which even caused people to wonder if he was a henpecked boyfriend. 

Sooyoung was nowhere near henpecked; he just loved Sunny a lot more than his pride. 

Jessica sighed and took out her phone, immediately smiling when she saw her husband’s caller ID appear on her screen.

“Hey, Seobang…” Jessica mumbled shyly, “aren’t you supposed to be taking care of the kids?”

Yuri was carrying baby Taeoh in one arm and the bottle of milk in his other hand with the phone sandwiched between his shoulder and his cheek but Jessica didn’t need to know that. “I just wanted to tell you that both Taeng and Soo are at our place right now so… yeah, don't be surprised later.” Yuri cooed at the little baby sticking his tongue out at him and gave him a gentle peck on the tiny nose. 

“Don’t worry, and please talk some sense into him.”

“Will do, baby.”

Sunny wiped her tears with the back of her palms timidly, finally relaxing a little when she realised Sooyoung was over at Yuri’s house; at least he wasn't somewhere unknown or dangerous. She rested her head on Tiffany's shoulder, trying to figure out how she'd gain Sooyoung's forgiveness. Tiffany gave Sunny a kiss on the forehead and brushed away the remaining tear stains on her cheeks, feeling sorry for the shorter woman in her arms.

“How are you going to make Sooyoung forgive you?”

“I don’t know… I think I’m going to bring him out tonight.”

Sunny wasn’t even sure of her answer but when she heard the simultaneous facepalms from both her friend and her cousin, she knew her answer was far from right. She really was at a loss, knowing that Sooyoung was feeling disappointed in her actions. He was already so loving and patient with her; there was hardly any possibility for him to be more patient with her.

Jessica cupped Sunny’s cheeks and glared at her, “you’re supposed to stop trying to lose weight if that’s the cause of your argument, you dummy!”

The way Sunny’s jaw dropped was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter