Chapter 15

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri could feel the sun rays shining in from the windows and he turned to the side, trying to get some more sleep. He moved his hand, planning to hug Jessica. He pouted when he felt nothing but an empty space. He opened his eyes, rubbing it tiredly. Soon, smell of scrambled eggs filled his nostrils and he smiled. 

Jessica was cooking. 

“APPA!”

Turning to the source of the loud screaming, he saw his two children running towards him with huge smiles on their faces. Climbing onto the bed, Yuri picked the both of them up and kissed their foreheads gently. 

“Hey Soojung, Yoongie... Why are you two up so early?” Yuri asked, nuzzling his nose with both of theirs. “Umma's cooking Appa's favourite fried rice with kimchi!” Yoong exclaimed, wrapping his arms around Yuri's head to ruffle his father's hair. 

Soojung kept quiet and continued snuggling her face into Yuri's chest, obviously still tired since she woke up rather early when Yoong started to jump on her bed. 

“It's called kimchi fried rice, buddy. Can you bring Soojung downstairs first? Appa needs to wash up.” Yuri smiled and kissed their cheeks before taking his crutches.

Although crutches were still essential, Yuri couldn't feel happier. Jessica was finally back with him after so many months of her being in a coma. Going into the bathroom slowly, Yuri was about to take his brush from the container when he saw it already on the shelf, toothpaste and water were there too. 

On the mirror, was a post-it note. 

 

Good morning, my precious Seobang.

As you can see, your tooth brush and water are already ready hehe..

Get washed up and come downstairs for breakfast. 

I love you, baby.... Chu~! 

 

Yuri chuckled at his adorable wife and proceeded to wash up like Jessica demanded. Jessica loved the minty breath of his when he kissed her in the morning. 

Looking at the flight of stairs in front of him, Yuri could see almost a post-it on every step, urging him to push on. He could feel his veins filling with adrenaline and he took every step with pride. His wife was waiting for him at the bottom of it, smiling brightly at him. 

“Seobang! Come here, sweetheart...” Jessica coaxed, restraining the urge to go to Yuri. 

Jessica could see the veins in Yuri's arm and neck pop out as he made his way down the stairs, one step at a time. He had lost so much weight after becoming paralysed. “Baby, it smells so good!” Yuri smiled, he could almost feel himself drool at the smell of his favourite spicy, kimchi fried rice waiting. 

“Come down and you can eat it.” Jessica threw him a sweet wink and Yuri could feel his heart pump the fastest it had ever pumped before. “Please don't do that here. I might fall down anytime. My heart is pumping too fast as it is.” Yuri said honestly and focused on making his way down the stairs safely. 

Jessica giggled shyly, loving the effect she still had over her beloved Seobang. It could only show how much Yuri loved her and how much he adored her. Before she knew it, Yuri was standing in front of her with a huge smile on his face. She knew that smile of his. She needed to ready herself for some intense teasing. 

“My Baby blushing so hard?” Yuri asked with a husky tone and earned a smack on his arm, knowing how much his husky voice turned Jessica on. 

Before Jessica could scold Yuri for teasing her so badly, both of them heard a loud growl. Jessica looked at her husband and for a long time, she could see the faint blush on Yuri's cheeks. “See? Don't tease me next time. Come on, go and eat before it gets cold.” Jessica slapped Yuri's softly and laughed when he pouted to her. 

The ice princess headed to the kitchen to wash the dishes alone since her sneaky twins were smart enough to run off before Jessica could get them to help her. She was lost in her own thoughts as she continued to wash the plates with a tune, her heart was soaring. She had never been so happy in a long time. 

“Oh.... Seobang, what are you doing here? Have you finished your breakfast?” Jessica asked as she felt a pair of strong arms go around her waist.

Yuri wanted to smile when Jessica patted his arms, unconsciously leaning back into his embrace. He was lucky that his sense of balance was there, so the crutches were able to withstand their weight. “I miss you...” Yuri mumbled, burying his face into her auburn locks. “I miss you too, Yuri.... Can you please be a good boy and finish your breakfast?” Jessica continued to play the motherly role to her childish husband. 

“Okay, Mom.” Yuri teased and quickly hobbled away before Jessica could beat him once more. Jessica was trying not to laugh when Yuri's head bumped onto the shelf as he tried to escape form her wrath.

It was a refreshing feeling. 

It almost seemed as if they were back to their dating days. 

“I'm done!” Yuri announced and tried to get up from his seat, holding the plate for Jessica. 

He hated the feeling of being helpless especially when he was supposed to be the guardian and strength of the family. He was going to try to walk to Jessica with one crutch. 

“Let me get that, baby. Jesus, don't get up on your own.” Jessica walked towards Yuri but was rejected with his hand. “Please let me try.. I can't go on depending on you.” Yuri looked at his wife with pleading puppy eyes. 

Jessica was reluctant to give in but the sight of Yuri's puppy eyes made her heart collapse into pieces. She nodded and watched her husband worriedly. ‘Please don't let him fail now…’ Watching Yuri struggle to get to the kitchen made her heart hurt but it also made her shine in pride. She had a hardworking husband who was trying to get back up despite the huge setback. 

“SICA!! I did it!” Yuri screamed happily, his eyes filled with tears.

Jessica felt her eyes burn as well, running to her husband in a heartbeat. She was so proud; her emotions couldn't be expressed in any word. “I'm so proud of you.” Jessica whispered against his cheek, ruffling his hair with her fingers. 

No, it wasn't a playful gesture. 

Jessica was hugging him tightly with one arm around his neck, the other burie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter