Chapter 14

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was dying. 

He was running for his life. 

Victoria was chasing after him with a shotgun in her hands as the two engaged in a chase into the forest, ignoring the pouring rain and crashing thunder. 

Jessica could see it all. She could see Yuri frantically pushing through the branches as he desperately tried to hide from Victoria who by now, looked like she had totally lost it. 

“Seobang!”

The blonde was trying so hard to move but it seemed as if she was paralysed for the moment, she couldn't do anything but to watch Yuri defend himself with nothing. 

“You're not going to run forever, Yuri-ah...” Victoria cackled and her laughter echoed through the forest ground, sending chills down Jessica's spine. 

Yuri was starting to panic, sweat was now pouring down his face and Jessica could feel her heart ache at her husband's pathetic state. His shirt was ripped and his arms were covered in scratches. His face had bruises and cuts all over too. 

“LET MY HUSBAND GO!” Jessica was screaming as loud as she could, wanting to let herself be heard but it seemed like everyone was deaf to her words as well. 

Yuri's eyes turned to her with a piercing stare, as if asking her why she couldn't help him out of this predicament. She could feel his gaze penetrating into her heart, making sure it hurt her badly. Before Jessica could blink, she saw Yuri get shot in the head. The bullet had penetrated his skull and he immediately fell to the ground with his eyes wide open. 

“SEOBANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Jessica awoke with a jump, her heart pumping rapidly as she gripped onto the bed sheets tightly. She hurriedly tried to adjust her sight to the brightness of the room. 

‘Jesus Christ.. It was just a dream.’

“Sica, you're awake...”

Taeyeon rushed to her side and got her a cup of water, letting Jessica hydrate herself before anything could happen. “T-Taeng...” Jessica greeted with a weak smile, the past events hadn't come to mind just yet. 

Taeyeon just smiled back and sat on the chair next to the bed, keeping an eye on Jessica like he had promised many other people and children. Jessica looked around once more, trying to recall how she ended up here. Her eyes widened, Yuri and her were both kidnapped the day before? 

“Where's my husband?” Jessica asked in a soft tone, not keen on knowing the answer.

“He's...” Taeyeon whispered.

“Where is he, Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon couldn't bring himself to answer Jessica. The pain and anger was being bottled up for so long that he no longer knew what to say. “Sica, I don't want you to get worked up or anything...”

“Just tell me where he is!”

“Promise me first.” Taeyeon said firmly, he wasn't going to put Jessica at risk.

When Nichkhun had grabbed Victoria's hand with the gun in her grip, the situation was totally chaotic and no one could see for sure where the gun was pointed at. The gun had been pointing at Yuri's back last and it did hit him, unfortunately. He took a bullet directly to his spine, affecting his ability to walk. 

“Yuri's paralysed from the waist-down... Chances of him walking again depends on his willpower.” Taeyeon closed his eyes, trying to keep his tears from flowing.

Jessica wanted to die right there and then. Her beloved husband was now paralysed from waist down and if Yuri wasn't strong enough, he wasn't going to walk ever again.

“Where is he?” Jessica asked, her voice coming out shaky as hell. “He's at home, waiting for you to wake up.” Taeyeon whispered, garnering an odd expression from Jessica.

 Waiting for her to wake up? How long could she have been sleeping for?

“When you were being rushed to the hospital in another ambulance, the ambulance had crashed and you were also affected. Your head had been hit and you suffered a concussion, going into a coma. It has been almost 5 months since you were in a coma...” 

Jessica was feeling less confused now, it explained why Taeyeon looked like he had aged so much when she woke up. Her best friend's family must have been busy taking care of her family as well. 

“What about my baby?”

“The baby was too late to be saved because you were suffering from blood loss by then. Fany was the one making all the decisions with Yoona and the doctor gave them two choices.”

Taeyeon remembered the day's events clearly at the back of his head as if it had just happened yesterday.

Tiffany and Taeyeon nearly lost their best friends.

Yoona, a brother and sister-in-law. 

Sunny, a cousin and cousin-in-law. 

Yoong and Soojung, their parents. 

“What were they?”

“If you gave birth then, you would only have a thirty percent of giving birth ever again. If you gave up the baby, you would still be able to have more children.”

Jessica knew at once which choice was made. She wasn't angry or sad. She was grateful that she managed to continue living, her husband was still alive. 

She was so thankful. 

 

-

 

“Appa, do you want some milk?” Yoong offered, sitting on Yuri's lap as he was resting against the couch. Yuri shook his head and held Yoong firmly, making sure the little boy wouldn't fall down. 

He was proud that he had managed to keep his kids safe even though he had lost the use of his legs in the midst of it. Although Jessica was in a coma, she wasn't dead and he was also thankful. 

The 4 most important ladies in his life - Jessica, Yoona, Sunny and Tiffany. It was because of them that Yuri didn't give up on himself months ago. 

 

Flashback. 

Yuri was sitting on the hospital bed; a dull gaze was filling his eyes. He was paralysed from the waist down. He couldn't move freely ever again. He couldn't take care of Jessica or Yoong and Soojung anymore, he was as good as useless. 

“I don't want it. Take it out.”

“Mr Yuri, you have to eat something to recover.... " The nurse was desperate to get the patient to eat or she would be questioned on the unfinished food. 

“It can't bring back my legs...” Yuri chuckled bitterly and the nurse gave up, walking out with the tray in her hands. 

 

“Leave it to me...”

Three women were making their way to Yuri's room with a couple of things in all their bags, things that would make Yuri stop wallowing in self despair once and for all. 

“Oppa.”

“Yoona.”

Yuri managed a weak smile and waved to the two women, turning back to his blank stares at the wall across. He really couldn't bring himself to do anything. 

“Yuri, when are you going to stop?” Sunny was tired too. Sunny had been taking turns with Yoona and Tiffany to take care of the twins before coming to the hospital to visit Jessica and Yuri. 

It was exhausting for them. 

“When I get my legs.”

Tiffany was close to losing her temper with Yuri'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter