Chapter 36

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years later...

 

Taeyeon stood in front of one of Seoul's biggest concert halls as he looked at his wristwatch, tapping his feet against the marble floor patiently. He has been waiting for his wife and his younger daughter for almost half an hour now but there was still no sign of them turning up at the concert hall. He should have known better than to take Tiffany at her word, “we will definitely be earlier than usual.” His wife was a typical fashionista and so was his younger daughter, after all.

Though he didn’t understand the big deal about dressing up as if the concert was a fashion show, he too donned a really attractive outfit from a pair of ripped jeans together with a black sweater over his shirt and tie.

“Taeyeon!”

“Hey, Sica!”

Jessica was about to make her way up the stairs when Taeyeon saw Yuri running over to her with a few school bags in his arms, carefully supporting his pregnant wife up the stairs. While Yuri was busy helping Jessica up the stairs, their precious twins were following behind, mimicking every single action that belonged to their parents – Soojung had shoved her jacket underneath her t-shirt to make it seem as if she was pregnant, and Yoong held her hand as they walked up the stairs.

Yuri made sure Jessica took one step at a time at maximum, earning a slap on the back of his head.

“I am not handicapped,” Jessica glared at her husband and pushed his hand away from her arm lightly, “I can walk perfectly fine on my own, Yuri.”

Shrugging at his wife’s unpredictable moodswings, Yuri let go and watched from one to two steps away. He nearly burst out laughing when Jessica tripped over the last step right after she said it confidently. Jessica turned around and sent him a death glare – Yuri didn’t know why, but all of Jessica’s temperaments have become rather cute instead of annoying during her pregnancy.

Turning around to check on his twins, Yuri snorted when he saw them still in the midst of their pretence – they weren’t going to be such good examples of their new baby.

“Kwon Yoong. Kwon Soojung. I want you two to go and hold Umma’s hands now.”

His charming, proud smile re-appeared when his twins spared no hesitation to go and help Jessica; his wife was a prideful woman who never wanted help but when it came to their children, it was a different story. Whether it was because of the pregnancy or Yuri's excessive teasing and fooling around, they both might be contributing reasons to Jessica's constant avoidance with him in public.

Jessica turned around and pouted at her husband, beckoning him to walk with them. Yuri chuckled and immediately moved, obeying his wife's orders. Taeyeon couldn’t help but smile too; his best friend’s marriage was still the strongest he had ever seen – not any couple could have overcome the last and biggest obstacle they did.

“Nice to see you, Taengoo,” Yuri gave him a hug and giggled, “your wife isn’t here yet?”

Taeyeon sighed loudly and shook his head, “no, she’s probably dressing Seo up. All of you can go in first though, Sunkyu and Sooyoung are already inside.”

Just as Yuri had escorted his wife and kids in, Taeyeon saw a rather familiar pink porsche pull up along the driveway; wow... to think his wife was actually on time for once. Tiffany had turned up almost ten minutes late the last time she came on her own and Hyoyeon was so angry that she didn't talk to her mother for an entire day. Perhaps it was because Seohyun was with her, and she wouldn't want to be late for her beloved sister's concert.

When Tiffany exited the porsche, Taeyeon felt his knees buckle at the sight of his wife's curvaceous body. She was wearing a off-shoulder black dress and her hair was nicely curled to one side. She held Seohyun's hand and strutted her way to her husband, ignoring the murmurs thrown at her on the way there. 

Taeyeon chortled, “it must be a miracle.”

“Oh shut up, TaeTae.”

Seohyun rolled her eyes at her parents' bickering; she grabbed both their hands pulled them into the spacious concert hall with her. She was going to watch her sister's performance for the first time today and she was not going to allow anyone to run the experience for her. Hyoyeon herself had told her to make sure Tiffany didn't come late so they could watch the introduction as well. 

“Soojung-unnie! Yoong-oppa!”

“Hyunnie…”

The adults just watched as the children made themselves perfectly comfortable, sitting together with Seohyun in the middle since she was the youngest. Yuri and Jessica cooed in unison; their twins were growing up too quickly. They had wanted to have a baby much earlier (they couldn’t because of the accident) but they weren’t complaining actually; it was a miracle that Jessica could even conceive again.

Jessica gave her emotional husband a squeeze on the forearm, smiling tenderly at Yuri; she had always expected (more of known) him to be more emotional than her when the issue involved their kids. Yuri rubbed Jessica’s tummy lovingly, pressing a kiss on her lips for being so strong on her own. He could remember very clearly what happened and the shock they had received after deciding to go back to the hospital for a check-up.

 

Flashback.

Yuri held Jessica’s hand tightly in his, hoping the check-up wouldn’t reveal any more bad news. He had been praying all week for the results of the check-up; if Jessica really couldn't bear him another child, then they could go for adoption. Jessica was on the receiving end of everything; she was probably the one who had been hit hardest when she knew she was barren after the accident. 

“Baby, don’t worry too much about it, okay?” Yuri whispered, gently massaging Jessica’s hand in his warm palms, “I’m… I’m sure it’s going to be alright.”

Jessica giggled and placed one hand on the side of his face, pushing Yuri’s head against her shoulder. She r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter