Chapter 33

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany felt her tears running down her cheeks without mercy; her best friend had been hiding so many problems from her because Tiffany was going through a rough patch then. Jessica kept things that could kill to herself because she didn't want to burden anyone - Tiffany was depressed, Taeyeon was worrying about Tiffany and the company, Yuri was going through physiotherapy for his legs.

How could she say anything about it? 

If Sunny hadn't entered the room at that time, Jessica probably would have taken that secret with her to the grave. 

“S-Sunny… have I b-been neglecting my b-best friend?”

Sunny sighed and moved closer to Tiffany, hugging the younger tightly as she comforted the woman – telling Tiffany the horrible truth behind the divorce papers didn’t mean that she had been neglecting Jessica as a best friend. If her cousin had been more open and less selfless, everyone would know about the sad revelation from the doctor and today’s events would have been different, very different.

“You know Sica, she won’t tell you when she knows you’re having problems of your own,” Sunny muttered, running her fingers through Tiffany’s hair gently, “we’ll just punish her for hiding things from all of us when she comes back, okay?”

Tiffany took deep breaths and tried to stop sniffling; Sunny’s words were going to be her plan of action – punishing Jessica had just flew up to the top of her priority list. She was going to teach her best friend to stop hiding things from her and make sure to let her know that she would always have her back no matter what circumstances they were in. Jessica didn’t keep it in mind, so she was going to be punished.

“That stupid woman.”

“She’s stupid, isn’t she?”

A nod.

Jessica Jung was the stupidest woman in the world for thinking she would ever be a burden to the people that cared and loved about her. She had been there for all of them when they needed her and she promised to have their backs; what made her think they wouldn't have her back this time? She was the stupidest woman in the world for thinking that way, period.

“I know you’re angry with Taeyeon for destroying their holiday but he did it only because he was too worried for Yuri.”

“He should have known better.”

Sunny smiled and stayed silent afterward; Tiffany’s love for her best friend was heart-warming to witness – Tiffany was so defensive over Jessica that Taeyeon always lost when they were in a battle. Taeyeon couldn't complain though, because Jessica loved Tiffany as much as the latter did Jessica. If Tiffany hadn't defended Taeyeon when he cheated on her, Jessica would have cut his balls off a long time ago. 

“Don’t be too hard on him though, okay?”  

“No guarantee.”

Good enough.

Knowing Taeyeon’s tricks and gimmicks, it wouldn’t take too long before he persuaded Tiffany to forgive him. She didn’t have to worry so much about them not making up; Tiffany had a soft heart after all. Plus, Taeyeon could ask help from their precious daughters because they were still Tiffany's ultimate weakness. 

The ones who needed worrying was Jessica and Yuri, especially with their twins in the middle.

 

*

 

Yuri couldn’t sleep all night, knowing his wife wasn’t next to him the entire time; Jessica had never slept anywhere else but her bed enough but last night she did. He thought Jessica would come back to bed sooner or later but he couldn’t be more wrong about it; Jessica chose to stay away from the room because he was in it - it was a first for him and it worried Yuri more than anything. 

Unable to resist any longer, Yuri hurriedly headed to the bathroom and washed up before heading downstairs; it was unbelievable as to how much he missed his wife even though it's only been a few hours.

But first thing’s first – his twins.

Pushing open the room door, Yuri almost fell back at the sight of his twins already awake and at the little table the room provided – how could they already be awake so early in the morning?

“Yoong, Soojung?” Yuri mumbled, walking towards his twins who were busy doing something at the study table.

“APPA!”

Yuri caught sight of the words, ‘Appa’ and ‘Umma’ but the twins had scrambled to cover every single thing they were busy with. He pouted playfully and bent down to give them kisses on their heads. “Good morning, babies. I’m going to check on your Umma so don’t come down too late, okay?” Yuri patted their heads and peeked at their work.

Receiving innocent nods from his precious kids, Yuri couldn’t help but form a smile; they were the only people who could brighten his dark, dark day.

“Hope Sica isn’t too mad at me…”

The sight of Jessica lying on the sofa had taken his breath effortlessly; Yuri had no idea how the simple view of his wife sleeping could make his heart race till now – minus the tear stains and the puffy eyes, of course – he could definitely do without it. Jessica’s body was curled into a ball, probably because she had walked out without a blanket and Yuri couldn’t bring himself to come out and face her.

Yuri bent down beside the sofa and caressed his wife’s cheek lovingly, his eyes beginning to well with guilty tears – he was the cause of those tears after all. “I’m sorry, baby. I’m so sorry for suspecting you like that…” His lack of trust in Jessica had led to their argument; it definitely hurt his wife more than he thought it would. 

 

To: Jessie sweetie

babygirl, I think you should start opening up to Yuri or it might cause friction between you two again. It's going to hurt like hell, and it might take him some time to digest it but... it's better than him finding out on his own. and you're going to pay for hiding it from me too :( 

From: Fany honey

 

Yuri had no intention of peeping at Jessica's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter