Chapter 22

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had already been several days since Yuri and Jessica had been in the same space, always making themselves scarce when the other was around. Not that they didn't want to make up but neither of them knew how to face each other after that huge argument. That topic had been sacred among the both of them; and it hadn't been brought up ever since Jessica woke up from her coma.

“Yoong...” Soojung called out softly.

“Yes, Soojung?”

“I miss Appa and Umma...”

Yoong sighed to himself, listening to his twin sister. He missed his parents very much as well but they didn't have any right to say anything, they didn't even understand what was happening between their parents. 

“I miss them too, Soojung-ah...”

And standing outside the adorable twins' bedroom, a certain someone was listening to their conversation with a heart-breaking gleam in his chocolate orbs. He brought a hand to his chest, rubbing it in circles as pangs started to pierce his heart. 

‘I miss your Umma too...’

 

-

 

Jessica was sitting in front of Sunny and Tiffany, both women having a speechless expression as they listened to the events of the past few days. Never once had Jessica and Yuri encountered such a problem, simply because their love was there to overpower everything else standing in their way. 

“Honestly, Sica. I'm not trying to start a war between us but Yuri's not totally at fault here-- Wait! Hear me out first,” Sunny paused, holding onto Jessica's wrist to stop her from storming out of the house. 

Tiffany looked at her best friend and stood up, wrapping an arm around Jessica's waist. The ice princess maintained her poker face, no expression could make up for the emotional burden she was feeling this very moment. No one, not even herself would be enough to get rid of the turmoil that was constantly building up in her now. The horrible aftermath of their fight left a bitter knife in her heart.

“Listen for a while, babe. I promise, we will be here…” Tiffany sighed in relief when Jessica sat back down, resting her head on her chest. Sunny was given the cue to continue, “You got hurt. You got hurt so badly, Sica... Can you imagine how Yuri felt when he found out that he was losing you right after he had lost his legs?”

Still no response. 

“Let's be honest here, we all know how much Yuri loves you. And even though he wasn't exactly given a choice between you or your baby, you know fully well that he would have chosen you in a heartbeat. It's a sore topic, yes. It's also a sore topic for him, it was his baby too...”

Sunny's words were slowly processing in Jessica's brain and it gave her enough time to think of many events - her miscarriage; Yuri's paralysis; her coma. And because she was technically asleep, she wasn't there to see how much Yuri suffered with the news of losing her baby and her entering a coma.

“I would say he's being overprotective at some point and it might be ridiculous but it's also important that it's his way of trying to protect and love you....” Tiffany said, running her fingers through Jessica's locks. 

A pang of guilt smacked Jessica right in the face, her tears starting to flow. It had been some time since she cried as well, bottling her feelings up whenever she remembered Yuri. She could almost feel as if it was yesterday that they argued; the way Yuri tried to hold himself together when he saw her break down before his very eyes.

“Yuri loves you with everything he's got, don't ever forget that...”

 

Flashback. 

Jessica was a wreck for the next two days, coming out of the room only when she needed something. it was pure luck that Yuri's parents had fetched her twins from Sunny's house directly that night, trying to spring them a surprise and Jessica couldn't be more thankful for the good timing. Yuri only stayed at home until about 9 in the morning to prepare breakfast before he left for work, not coming back until the wee hours of the morning. 

Knock, knock. 

“Hey, uh... I already prepared breakfast... So if you're hungry, eat up...”

Yuri sounded so broken, his voice huskier than usual. Jessica wished that it was the y kind of husky but it wasn't, nowhere close. It was the kind where he sounded like he had been crying himself to sleep for a few nights and it hurt Jessica's heart. 

It wasn't a loud sigh but Jessica's hearing seemed to have improved the past few days, especially since she kept to herself and only listened to Yuri communicate with her through the door. 

“I'm sorry.... I'm really really sorry, Baby....” Yuri murmured, leaning his forehead on the door. His hand clenched into a fist, punching the wall near the door. 

Her heart jumped. Her heart nearly leaped out of her chest when she heard that loud bang. Jessica rushed to the door and was about to open it when she heard Yuri sniffling on the other side. He was crying and yet he was trying to be soft about it.... Yuri was starting to break down as well.

He had never regretted something so much in his life before. “Stupid.... Stupid... Why did you have to bring it up?” Yuri berated himself, slapping the back of his head by himself.

Jessica, on the other hand was also sitting down on the floor with her back leaning against the door. She clamped her hand above , trying not to let Yuri hear her because he would tear the door down just to comfort her but she wasn't ready to face him again. 

She felt as if she had let him down for losing their baby.

Flashback end. 

 

Soon, the living room was filled with nothing but the sounds of Jessica's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter