Chapter 20

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny looked at herself in the mirror, wondering why she couldn't get her outfit right for today. It was just for dinner but why did it seem as if she was trying to dress up for a date with the most handsome man on earth? She had never behaved this way before. Yet, because of a certain tall guy, she was fretting over her outfit for once. 

Ring, Ring. Ring, Ring. 

“Hello?”

Picking up the phone without looking at the caller id, her heart nearly stopped when she heard the familiar, soothing voice echoing through her ear drums. 

“Hey Sunny, are you ready?”

“U-Uh, Sooyoung! I'm almost ready, are you here?” Sunny stuttered, hoping and praying that Sooyoung hadn't reached her house just yet. 

“No, I'm not. I just called to let you know that I'll be a little late and that you don't have to rush. I can always give the restaurant a call to delay our reservation.”

Sunny felt her heart fluttering at Sooyoung's mature and stable tone, that was something she yearned for her future partner to have. That way, she would always have someone to calm her down and let her know that everything would eventually be fine.

Sooyoung had that fine quality. 

“Okay...”

The phone call ended there and Sunny was walking around her room, trying to calm her nerves down when something, or rather, someone across the street caught her eye. There was a tall figure leaning against a bike, his jeans showing off his long legs with a snapback to top his overall look. 

And leaning against his bike was Mr Choi Sooyoung, waiting for Sunny patiently. He knew he was way too early and whatnot but it was better to be early than late, a good impression was very important to him. Like other normal girls, Sunny would naturally be heart-pressed for time so why not assure her?

Hadn't Sooyoung told her that he was going to be late? 

Just like that, a smile had completed her overall outfit for the day. 

 

Sooyoung thought he hadn't seen anyone as beautiful as Sunny. Decked out in her favourite black, strapless dress and heels, Sunny looked like a goddess. He couldn't recall her looking so amazing before but he was proud to be given a chance to go out with her for dinner. 

“Wow.... You look....” Sooyoung couldn't finish his sentence, simply because he didn't know what words could describe Sunny's beauty enough. “You look good, Sooyoung. Very good...” Sunny complemented smoothly, trying to save him from further embarrassment until she realised that her words could very well make him even more embarrassed than before.

Sunny was debating with herself whether to apologise for such a straightforward comment but seeing the way Sooyoung was blushing so adorably in front of her, she didn't want to ruin the mood. Needless to say, she was also feeling rather shy after seeing the way he looked at her. 

“Shall we?” Sooyoung asked, finally getting his nerves to calm down. 

“Yeah, why not?”

The cutesy woman was about to mount the back when Sooyoung grabbed her wrist, “Hey, we're not riding this. We're going to take a cab. How are you supposed to ride a bike with a dress?” Sooyoung gave Sunny an odd expression, like she was the weirdest woman he had ever seen.

“Isn't this bike yours?” Sunny asked back, staring at Sooyoung as she unconsciously tilted her head.  

This once again reminded Sooyoung why he had fallen for Sunny. Even back then, Sunny was still the adorable little cutie in his eyes and she was displaying it for him to see right now. 

“Yes, the bike is mine but I'm not going to ride it when you're wearing such a pretty dress. What if it lifts and other people end up seeing your underwear?” Sooyoung questioned, staring at Sunny with a small curve at the end of his lips. 

The conversation about the bike ended there and the ride in the cab continued in total silence. Not because it was awkward but because neither of them were bold enough to start a conversation, especially when they found the other so good-looking that night.

 

 

-

 

 

A tall, blonde man walked into the hospital with a paper bag in hand, his face decorated with a radiant smile. He was so excited about today's visit, because he was asked to come today. Usually, he would come uninvited and would even get thrown out sometimes. 

“Mr Nick? You look especially happy today...”

“Thank you, Irene. Is it really that obvious?” Nichkhun asked, rubbing the back of his neck shyly. If it wasn't for the junior nurse who commented about him, he wouldn't have realised how happy he was too. “Well, for someone who has been coming consistently despite being thrown out, I would say it's pretty obvious.” Irene teased, looking at the tint of pink appearing on Nichkhun's cheeks.

Nichkhun just smiled gently and patted Irene's head, continuing his journey towards Victoria's room. He couldn't keep the smile off his face, even having a little bounce in his step. Knowing that Victoria treasured her privacy and serenity of her room, he knocked a little before receiving a soft 'come in'. 

“Hey, you....” Nichkhun greeted, closing the door gently.

Victoria looked up at her visitor and a beautiful smile appeared on her face, she had missed the man in front of her more than she would have liked to admit. She blushed at her own thought and looked back down quickly, continuing whatever she was doing before he arrived. 

“Wow, that's a really pretty colouring...”

“Thank you...” Victoria mumbled, trying to hide the pink crawling up her cheeks. 

The two sat in a comfortable silence with Nichkhun admiring Victoria's colouring and Victoria enjoying her new hobby. It was nice to finally sit down and do something fun for once instead of always trying to push the nurses and doctors away from her. She could clearly remember how many times she had pushed Nichkhun away when he was released from jail after 2 months. 

 

Flashback.

Victoria screamed and yelled with all her might, struggling under the doctors' grip. Nichkhun felt the tears rolling down his cheeks as he watched the girl he loved go crazy. He wanted to regret telling Tiffany about the kidnap and calling the police but he couldn't, he couldn't watch the innocent Kwon Family apart. Furthermore, how could he even let Yoong and Soojung be orphans? 

“Get the hell away from me!” Victoria's piercing scream broke his train of thought, causing him to run towards Victoria with a painful heart. “Vic, please don't do this. You need treatment!” Nichkhun took Victoria's hand into his, pleading with her to just accept treatment so she could get better. 

N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter