Chapter 29

Love Matters.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa! Hurry up!”

Soojung and Yoong were dragging Yuri along with them, leaving Jessica alone with the trolley full of baggage. Yuri kept looking back at Jessica every time and again but his feet continued moving with the twins, letting them drag him wherever they wanted to go. Jessica’s lips curled at the ends, willingly pushing the trolley so Yuri could take a break and have fun, especially when he had done the packing.

“Yoong?” Yuri ruffled his son’s hair, “why don’t you go and help Umma push the trolley, hmm? Remember what Appa taught you the other day at the beach?”

Yoong looked up at this father and grinned, “a gentleman should never let a lady do work.”

A proud smile graced Yuri’s face and he wiggled an eyebrow at Yoong, “then what are you waiting for?”

Soojung and Yuri watched as Yoong ran to Jessica, stubbornly standing in between her arms. Yoong carefully placed his hands on the handle of the trolley and pushed along with Jessica, ignoring his mother’s rather surprised gaze thrown at him. Jessica looked up and met Yuri’s twinkling eyes, instantly knowing it had something to do with him.

“Appa…” Soojung patted Yuri’s thigh, raising her arms. Yuri scooped his baby girl into his arms and nuzzled his nose against hers, “what is it, Soojung?” Soojung giggled as she felt the ticklish sensation against her nose, “I want nuggets.” 

Macdonalds was a good idea, Yuri thought. Kids were kids after all, and fast food was one of their favourites but Jessica... she'd probably fast till they reach Florida. 

As the family of four reached the Macdonalds outlet, Yuri could sense the displeasure in his wife almost immediately. He carefully pushed the trolley to an area where it would not obstruct anyone while Jessica brought the kids to find a table; wasn't difficult though, considering that it was four in the morning.

“Go and see the menu, then tell us what you want to eat. Appa and Umma will wait here for you,” Jessica said and watched as the twins ran off to the counter. She turned to Yuri with a sharp glare, “of all things to eat, you allow them to have fast food?”

Yuri gently patted Jessica’s cheek and sighed, “Sica, come on. They’re only turning five and it’s normal for them to want these. It’s not like they have it very often, right? I think it’s fine to indulge them once in a while. Stop worrying that they’re going to turn fat or they’re going to die early. I won’t let that happen.”

A relented sigh finally left Jessica's lips; Yuri was right, she was being too paranoid about them eating fast food - it must have been because she was a model before she got married to Yuri. She wasn't going to allow this small matter to affect the entire mood. If anything, Jessica was probably having moodswings because of her irregular menstrual cycle - her period hadn't come and it's been four days overdue. 

“You’re right, Seobang…” Jessica buried her face in her palms, trying to rub the sleepiness out of her mind, “sorry, I think my mind is just dead and I was thinking about the past when I was a model.”

“Would you like to go back to modelling?”

Before Jessica could answer, the twins were back and bouncing with excitement as they practically pulled Yuri out of the chair. Yuri got out of his seat but mouthed the words ‘we’ll talk later’ before heading to the counter to order their breakfast. Jessica was at a loss; her modelling career was amazing back then but she didn’t know whether to resume or not, considering that the kids were still young and they wanted another baby.

Her phone started to vibrate and Jessica furrowed her eyebrows at the Caller ID. 

“Fany? Why are you calling at this time of the morning?” Jessica’s eyes widened in horror, “are you okay? Did that midget do anything to you?”

“No, babe.” Tiffany smiled, laying her head atop her arms as she looked over at Taeyeon was sleeping as soundly as a pig, “I just wanted to thank you two for everything you’ve done for me and Taeyeon… I know you two didn’t get to spend much time together so in return, Taeyeon and I will make sure your house is clean and neat till you come back.”

Leave it all to her best friend to treat her like a princess too, Jessica couldn’t stop smiling. Tiffany was another blessing that had obviously been sent by God and Jessica knew she was really the object of all good luck.

“You know you don’t have to do that, love.”

“But I want to.”

There was no need to argue about it any further, especially when Tiffany would simply go into her house using her key and clean up no matter what Jessica said. They had a lot of things in common, and being stubborn was one of their core similarities.

“Thanks, Fany…” Jessica said, placing the phone between her cheek and her shoulder, “I’ll call you once we reach the airport after the flight, okay?”

“You do that, baby.”

The conversation ended just as Yuri finished laying the food out on the table, carefully making sure their twins were satisfied. Yoong and Soojung didn't even wait for their parents to began eating before they dug in, rationing the number of nuggets equally. Soojung didn't even get to touch the box before Yoong grabbed it and placed it right in front of himself.

“Two for Appa. Two for Umma. Two for Soojung. Five for Yoong.”

Yuri and Jessica both turned to Yoong and eyed him thoughtfully while Soojung was busy glaring at her twin. Yoong knew his twin was probably sending daggers at him but his love for nuggets was not going to be replaced by his fear of his twin.

“Give me more nuggets now, Yoong.” Soojung demanded, her eyes getting narrower by the passing second, “I will cut off your Rilakkumma’s head if you don’t give me any nuggets, Yoong.” 

Yoong pouted and closed the box of nuggets, shoving it towards Soojung's awaiting hands. He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back into his seat with a completely distorted expression. He couldn't believe just how fierce Soojung could be; they were vastly different in terms of their personalities. Soojung definitely took after Jessica and him, his father.

Yuri was about to pick up his own burger and dig in when he felt Jessica kick him under the table. He pouted and put down his burger at once, unwrapping Jessica's for hers as she facepalmed at his cluelessness. The second time Yuri felt a kick, he got it and started to move.

“Now, now…” Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter