Dead to the World

Neverland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenlq9xgEmM

==========

You are sitting in your room staring at the white walls.  Looking out the window, you watch as everyone in the world was busy with their happy, free life.

A knock came on your door.  Not bothering to look, the door opens.  The caretaker of the orphanage smiled towards you. Lee Mi-young, in her mid 50's. She's been taking care of you ever since your parents dumped you.  The only person in this world that cares for you and knows you better than anyone.

"~~~~, dinner is ready." She said softly, smiling.

You didn't say anything, nor looked at her.

"Ahjumma! Don't worry about that freak!  She'll just come like a beggar and eat as she wants." A girl around your age sneered.

"Yah, don't speak that kind of language and go downstairs and eat."

You sighed.  'Why am I still alive...'

Your caretaker looked at you.  "~~~~~ ah, please, come downstairs and eat with all of us."

You finally looked at her, giving her a emotionless expression.

"Ahjumma, can you just leave it in the microwave.  I'll warm it up when I feel I'm hungry.  For right now, I want to be left alone." You softly spoke.

She just nodded, closing your door.

Looking at the ground, you could hear the other kids yelling downstairs, complaining about the food again.

"You should be glad ahjumma is here, or else none of us would have homes.  Be happy with what she makes you." You glared at the floor, visioning everyone's faces.

You waited till everyone was asleep.  Silently, you creaked your door open, quietly walking downstairs to the kitchen.  Entering the kitchen, your eyes widened.  You hid behind the wall, carefully staring at your caretaker.
 
In the dark, with only a little bit of light from the candles.  She washed the twenty or more dishes.  Watching her do all the hard work, you felt like a burden to her.  She never once complained how tired, or stressed she is, because of all the kids and immature teenagers pushing and pulling her limb by limb.  Working her to the bone.

After washing the last dish, she set the plate on the rack.   Cleaning the water mess, she simply blew out the candle light, walking out of the kitchen.  You hid yourself in the dark, watching her walk to her room, closing the door shut.

Coming out of your hiding place, you slowly walked into the kitchen.  Turning on the kitchen light, you looked at the table.  A note was placed on the flat cold surface.  Picking it up, you read aloud:

~~~~~ ah.
Your food is in the microwave.  Heat for two minutes long.
I made your favorite, -------- (whatever your favorite dish is put there)
Enjoy! :)
Sleep well my dear.  Remember, I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.  I always am.
-Ahjumma.

A tear slipped down your cheek.  You felt horrible, your legs gave out, falling to the cold hard marble floor.  You pressed your face into the note, tears soaking the paper thin.

*Why did I have to be born into this world.  God, what is my purpose in life?  Can't you just end me and be done with it.*