26- Given Up

Your Addictive Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26- Given Up

“I don’t know what’s going on between you and jiyeon, but you know what… when you stop chasing, they start noticing.”- Hyungsik

 

 

Hyungsik’s POV

I prepared breakfast for jiyeon and arrange them properly on the tray. I cooked pancakes for her, and I hope she eats pancakes. After everything prepared on the tray is completed, I quickly bring it upstairs. I wonder if jiyeon is already awake or still sleeping because last night I saw she had the light on, until this morning. I don’t think she is the type that is scared of the dark so she possibly wasn’t sleep last night. I knock the door three times before I walk in.

Jiyeon is awake. She is sitting on the bed while scrolling something on her phone screen. She pretends not to see me and keep being busy with her phone. I put the tray on the table and sit next to her, but she still ignores me.

“What are you looking at?”

I asked her and grab her phone from her grip. Jiyeon is gasping loudly, slightly panic when I took her phone. I show her my annoying glare before I take a look at the phone screen, checking on what she’s been looking at with full attention. Oh, it’s someone’s Instagram account. I look carefully on the pictures and the name. It’s baekhyun’s account. So… I guess her feelings finally change, I thought she would forever love sehun, he so called first love.

“I don’t know that you’re actually a stalker.”

“Give me my phone back Hyungsik!”

“Oppa. Call me oppa first or this will be mine forever.”

“Aish okay oppa, please give me my phone back… please?”

“That was better. Your feeling change? You like him don’t you? But is there something happened between you guys, because he ignored you yesterday.”

“Why did you bring me back?”

“You’re avoiding my question?”

“Whatever reason you bring me home, make it fast. I got other schedules waiting.”

“I just wanna tell you, please quit your job as idol.”

“Why did you keep telling me quit? I can’t understand. Don’t you get it, I won’t quit. I won’t.”

“Entertainment world is cruel jiyeon. It’s not suitable for you. I bet you don’t know that… mom and dad had moved to Singapore for about a month ago. So… just quit and lets move there too. Mom must be so happy to see you.”

“They moved… mom moved without telling me?”

“You were always avoiding us, and always busy so that’s why she didn’t manage to tell you.”

“Then you just go there and live with them. Why bother me? Even if you guys are here though it’s just the same as you’re not here. I don’t care wherever you guys moved, but I will stay.”

“It’s me… it’s all because of me right? Why did you hate me that much? From the very first day you met me, until now… everything about me is so wrong in your eyes… what have I done? What makes you hate me that much?!”

“Because you always act like so bossy and keep controlling my life since the first day I moved in! Because you act like you’re my real brother when you’re just my stepbrother! Because really annoyed me with your perfectionist style! Because you… you seized mom’s love… you are a perfect son that mom always wanted since I was child… and she forgot me after we moved in, and only care about you. So now, please don’t question me why did I hate you… I can live on my own, even without you guys around. So stop chasing me.”

 

After finish talking, jiyeon quickly get off the bed and take her handbag before she then walk away without turning back anymore. Finally… after so many years, jiyeon frankly told the real reason why she hates me, why she stay away from me. She is indeed a sensitive girl, but I understand why she is being like that. She was growing up with only mom by her side, so she isn’t familiar with strangers and quite severe with them. I guess I am a stranger for her, plus mom somehow give me a lot of attention after we started living together… if only jiyeon knows the real situation… but unfortunately she doesn’t.

I look at the tray of food I prepared for her, I guess I will have to eat it all by myself. I get up from the bed and I was about to leave the room with the tray when I saw something on the bed. Looks like jiyeon forgot something. It looks like a piece of paper and a bracelet. Is it something important? I take the things and check on it, when I saw the notes written on the paper.

 

-------------------------------------

I walk into the café near my workplace. It looks so quiet, as not so many people are in there. I look around to search for someone, and there I saw a young guy is sitting alone with earpiece on him, probably listening to music. I walk closer and sit right in front of him. After noticing me, he quickly put off his earpiece. This guy, doesn’t look as bright and annoying like the first time he faced me. I wonder what actually happens to him. He keep staring at me with his small but adorable eyes.

“Baekhyun-ssi… I thought you won’t come.”

“Whatever you want, please make it fast. I got schedules.”

“Wow you talk exactly like jiyeon talked to me.”

“…………….”

“Okay I’m sorry. I just wanna talk to you, since we didn’t manage to interact much during our first met, where you just appeared out of nowhere and…”

“And punch you on your face.”

“..Yeah, I’m glad you still remember that. Just so you know it’s hurt.”

“I’m sorry…”

“It’s nothing. Moreover, I came to ask for your help.”

“What? How can I help you? I don’t even know you. I only met you once…”

“Twice. But you ignored on the second time and just walked away.”

“Just tell me what can I help you? You look so smart and charismatic with your classy appearance, but you talk too much for a guy like you. Just go straight to the point will you?”

“Okay I got it. First of all, jiyeon unintentionally left this behind at my house this morning. I don’t know who wrote the note since there’s no name on it, but I guess it’s someone important since that… wonderful night part… you know what I mean right?”

“…. I don’t know, and you don’t have to explain any further. So what do you want me to do with this stuffs?”

“Just help me pass this to her, because I bet you’re quite close with her, by looking at the way you protect her… and one more thing, please give this key to her as well, together with the bracelet and note.”

“Why don’t you give these to her by yourself?”

“I can’t. I will have to go somewhere and I don’t know when I will comeback so just pass this to her okay, it’s simple right so please help me okay?”

“Honestly, who are you actually?”

“I’m jiyeon’s… brother. Anyway baekhyun… thanks for your help. I have to go now. Till we meet again.”

I can see baekhyun’s confuse face before I left the table. How dare he dissed me like that, of course I look so classy, who doesn’t know, but the fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter