14- Attacked

Your Addictive Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14- Attacked

“Even if you hate me for being a burden, don’t throw this bracelet away.”- baekhyun

 

Jiyeon’s POV

Did I hear it wrong? Is it true? What is happening here… I can’t believe it. Baekhyun… how come this happen? No this can’t be. I saw baekhyun is standing up from his seat and look at me with an unexplainable gaze. Then I look at sehun, which is staring at me blankly. This can’t be… we’re just to start a whole new relationship. I look at all the exo members, Eunjung unnie and also the filming crews. They are looking at me, probably asking for explanation. But I really don’t have any explanation for this. I really don’t know. What should I tell president? I’ve done enough mess to him. No way… no way… how come this happens?

“Jiyeon…”

I heard unnie’s voice calling my name. But I really don’t know what to tell them. I can’t answer even a word if they ask me about this thing, because I really don’t know. I only can stand the real thing I done, not something I don’t know. Never cross in my mind the guy in the picture is baekhyun. And I never care about that picture… I never saw this coming. Without thinking, I run outside of the cabin, passing by the production crews and staffs. I don’t know where to go. But I really need to be alone right now. This news is such a shock for me.

Don’t know where to go, my feet bring me to the calm place behind the resort. The place where baekhyun brought me last night. I sit on the grass and cry on my knees. This just ruined everything, seriously. I thought, me and sehun, will easily get together and be happy again… but that just can’t happen. Why? Sehun is right… why us? I look at the hakuna matata bracelet baekhyun gave me. I wipe my tears clumsily. I then take off the bracelet and stare at it like it is the main reason everything happens.

“Hakuna Matata… everything’s gonna be alright huh? But I don’t see how you functioned to make everything be alright, instead you bring me harm and bad luck every time. I don’t need you. Since baekhyun doesn’t wanna take you either, let me just throw you away."

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

Jiyeon tighten her grip on the bracelet, feeling so furious. When she is already swinging her hand, getting ready to throw the bracelet, suddenly she feels a tight grip on her arm from behind, blocking her from throwing the bracelet away. Jiyeon got surprised and quickly turns around and sees the one who is holding her hand right now is baekhyun. He is staring at jiyeon with a red face. Jiyeon who never sees that kind of expression from baekhyun, stiffly looking at baekhyun, doesn’t what to response.

“Even if you hate me for being a burden, don’t throw this bracelet away.”

“Let go of my hand right now. It’s hurt!”

“I know you’re having a hard time because of me. I don’t know about that either. I was drunk too that night. I’m so sorry about that. You can blame me for everything. Just don’t throw the bracelet away. Grandma gave it to me and it has been with me since I was little. Maybe you don’t like it, it’s okay. I’ll take it back with me. I gave it to you with hoping that your hard life will turn better… but I guess you didn’t appreciate it well.”

“You’re right. I blame you for everything that had happened. I was just about to be happy again baekhyun… I was just about to… when the news crashed it. You saw how people judge me right baekhyun? I’m a wild girl, yes indeed! But why you? Why must you be the guy in that picture, answer me why you?!! What about me and sehun… what about us baekhyun?”

“I’ll take the blame. Now go back to your cabin. Eunjung noona is worrying you, everyone is worrying you.”

Jiyeon is crying in front of baekhyun, revealing how she exactly feels about the breaking news. But baekhyun left after strictly said he will take the blame, leaving jiyeon alone. Jiyeon wipes her tears. This is the first time she sees baekhyun’s gloomy face. She just watch baekhyun’s back disappear, still holding her worries about the news. She then calls the president to explain about the news, telling him how guilty she feels right now.

 

 

 

 

“Jiyeon-ah! Where are you going you make me worry.” Eunjung rushed towards jiyeon and hug her.

Jiyeon just entered the cabin after gathering her strength to face everyone. Honestly right now, she feels so embarrassed toward sehun. Last night sehun told her how he hurts to see the picture of her hugging and kissing with other guy, but now it turns that the guy in the picture is baekhyun, his own member, his own hyung that is close with him. She knows sehun is hiding his jealousy and worries behind his calm face. She knows exactly how sehun is. He is the best in hiding his feelings.

“I’m okay unnie. Don’t worry.” Jiyeon replied slowly.

“You must be tired right jiyeon? We will go back to Seoul tomorrow morning. Rest well tonight okay?” Chen said and smiled brightly, trying to not making the situation become awkward.

“Okay. Thanks guys. I think I need to take a nap for a while right now.” Jiyeon said and disappear into her room in the cabin.

 

 

 

 

The next morning, jiyeon walks out of her cabin while bringing her luggage. She stops in front of the door and saw a group of guys are already gathering in front of the cabin, having a bright conversation early in the morning. Seeing jiyeon is staring at time while carrying a heavy luggage, tao and kai quickly run towards jiyeon to offer for help.

“It’s okay let us bring the luggage to the car.” Kai offered.

Before jiyeon could agree or refuse, the two guys are already carrying the luggage to the car, leaving jiyeon hesitates at the door. She saw Eunjung is laughing happily with xiumin, luhan and sehun. To see sehun’s bright face in the morning, makes jiyeon heart feel warm. Suddenly, sehun turns his head and saw jiyeon is looking at him. He smiles bitterly and makes his way towards jiyeon.

“Are you ready ji? We will leave now.” Sehun said and smiled.

“Sehun…” Jiyeon called.

“It’s okay jiyeon. We will settle down everything in Seoul. Let’s go first.” Sehun convinced.

Jiyeon nods and follows sehun towards the car prepared for them to go to the airport. But then jiyeon realizes something. It feels like something is missing. It feels like there’s emptiness around them. When she already get into the car together with Eunjung, she then realizes that the emptiness is because the talkative baekhyun and his partner chanyeol is not here.

“Unnie, where’s baekhyun?”

“Baek left together with chanyeol, kyungsoo and kris yesterday evening, right before you went back to our cabin. He said he has to avoid being seen together with you. The situation will turn uncontrollable so he left first. Don’t worry jiyeon, everything gonna be okay.”

“Okay unnie. I hope so…”

 

 

 

 

 

Seeing the big crowd of fans at Seoul International Airport, jiyeon is gulping nervously. She knows, among the crowd, there must be so many haters because of the intimate picture. She knows, now she’s facing exo’s fans, which is known as aggressive fans. But all the exo members and crews see the nervousness and tension on jiyeon’s face.

“Don’t worry. We’re with you.” Xiumin said.

Jiyeon nods and force a bitter smile. She takes a deep breath and walks together with the others in the line.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter