21- Eventually

Your Addictive Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21- Eventually

I just wanna tell you, everything is going to be alright… maybe not today, but eventually. Take care, till we meet again.”- Baekhyun

 

Jiyeon’s POV

Why do my head feel so heavy? And a bit dizzy… my eyes also feel heavy. I think I got morning headache because I drank soju last night, but it’s indeed refreshing to have soju and clear all the bothersome things in my mind. I don’t know why but I feel so comfy and relaxing right now. My whole body feels so warm, and secure, the feeling I have when I was in sehun’s embrace… I miss him. I miss to be with sehun, but the fact he asked for broke up really hurts me, like I was nothing for him. Last night, I heard voice talking to me. Somehow, it seems like a dream, but then, it seems real. The voice wasn’t very clear, but the unclear words keep playing in my head.

“The past is only the past. You will always have the memories, but you do eventually have to let go no matter how hard you want to hang on, because past remains past… nothing we can change about that, but past is an experience… you just have to use it to make sure you will have a better future…”

There it goes, the voice is repeating again. I don’t really know who’s talking, but the words somehow bother me. Do I really… have to let go? I open my eyes slowly and look around the room. It seems so quiet, I think grandma is not home yet. But is it okay for me to stay here longer? What if something happens because of me? Just by thinking about that giving me chills all over my body. I get up from the bed and start to stretch my arms and do a simple exercise on the bed.

While I was stretching my arms, suddenly the door opened from outside and there I saw I guy is entering my room with a glass of milk on his hand. I got dumbfounded for a while to see the guy and I’m not the only one who got astonished, because he also frozen in front of me. Realizing that I was still in my stretching pose, I quickly put down my arms, and he seems to come back to reality as well. I think I don’t see baekhyun for a while after the incident after the press conference.

“You woke up… I thought you’re still sleeping. So… sleep well?” Baekhyun asked me.

“Y-yes… when did you arrive?” I stammered.

“Err me? Just now. Ouh, I brought you a glass of milk. Drink it, I’ll go out first.” Baekhyun said.

I took the glass of milk from baekhyun’s hand and smile at him awkwardly. He seems so awkward as well, I guess why? Looks like he is hiding something from me. After baekhyun left outside, I smirked at him, annoyed. He thinks I will drink this milk? What if he puts something in here and plan something evil on me? I’m not that stupid. I hardly get up from the bed and open the window in my room. I pour the milk out of the window until the glass is cleared. I won’t believe in any of them anymore, because I’ve been fooled enough by them. Forgetting sehun is tough, but I can do it. I love for myself, not for him anyway.

After fixing my messy morning hair, which baekhyun had seen just now, I walk out of the room and saw that baekhyun is busy vacuuming the whole living room. I can also see sweats on his forehead and face. He is indeed a great grandchild, but in my eyes, he is nothing unless a hypocrite. He acted so nice and all in front of the fans, but behind them, he is a naughty wild guy, I accused, since I always saw him in the club, like frequently. Looks like he doesn’t notice me, busy with the households. I ignore him and get ready to take a bath, and stare at him annoyingly for the last time before I enter the bathroom.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

I think I’m staying in the room for the whole morning, and still haven’t took my breakfast because I’m not in the mood of seeing baekhyun. But I’m starving for food right now. What do I do? Grandma haven’t come back home yet? I don’t think I can stay alone with baekhyun any longer. I don’t hear any noise from outside anymore, so I believe he has finished cleaning. Should I go out right now and search for food, or just stay until grandma is back? Ahh I don’t know. While I was mumbling alone, suddenly a light knock is heard on the door. It must be baekhyun! What should I do now?!

“Jiyeon, you haven’t took your breakfast yet right? Your food is cooling already.”

I heard baekhyun said and knock again. What should I reply then? I think baekhyun won’t stop knocking until I answer him. So I just need to answer simply and go with the flow. I can’t let my stomach being upset for a long time, because food is everything for me.

“Coming!”

I heard footsteps slowly leaving. I sigh in relieve and quickly makes my way towards the door. I open the door slowly and saw no one is outside. I walk carefully to the kitchen and there I saw a chicken soup together with toasted bread, bacon, and also fried eggs are served on the table. I gasp excitedly and jump to the table without thinking. Firstly I taste the chicken soup and start to stuff my stomach with all the food served. This is the tastiest breakfast I’ve ever ate. I wonder if baekhyun cooked this himself or what. Suddenly, before I could even swallow all the food I stuffed in, someone appear and sit right in front of me. It is none other but byun baekhyun. He is sitting in front of me while showing me his annoying bright smile.

“Did you sleep well last night jiyeon?”

“You’ve asked me that question for a second time. I don’t know why you’re so curious but yes, I do sleep well and it was a very tight and comfy night last night. Got it?”

I answer with my mouth is still full with the foods. Baekhyun smile shyly and if I’m not mistaken, I can see his face is blushing and his ears turn read. What has happened to this guy? He crept me out with that kind of response because I never saw baekhyun being shy before. This guy must be a total ert, if not, why must he blushed over my sleep? It somehow makes me feel uncomfortable. But I see he quickly recover from the shyness.

“So jiyeon… how have you been since the conference? Everything is going well right? Your contract is not terminated right?”

“Maybe… I don’t even ask president kim about this. Why?”

“No… just asking.”

“Baekhyun. I realize I didn’t thank you for saving me that day. You’re always there… to help. But I haven’t thanked you even once right? So thanks a lot. But let’s end this here. I think it’s better if we stop interact with each other so no more wild rumors are spread. You don’t have to help me anymore, you’ve done much, until it harm your own self. I came here to relax my mind, don’t think it wrong. So please… lets just forget everything and pretend like nothing happened between us, like we don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter