18- Blinded

Your Addictive Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18- Blinded

“Just keep jiyeon safe… and take care of her well."- Baekhyun

 

Baekhyun’s POV

I fetch a taxi desperately in front of my dorm as I really don’t have time right now. I have to go to sehun’s house as soon as possible. After kris told me that Eunjung told him jiyeon’s contract will be terminated and she will officially leave T-ara after the press conference, I finally understand the meaning of text message sehun received from jiyeon before this.

“Sehun… everything is set. The press conference is the day after tomorrow. I’ve made a crucial decision. Please come to support me, and let’s end this together shall we?”

That was what I sneakily read from sehun’s phone few days ago. But somehow I got uneasy feeling about sehun. Why did he suddenly decided to go back home, because he usually spend time with us. His house is only in Seoul area so he doesn’t have problem meeting his family members every week. Kris told me the conference will be held this morning so I rushed to meet sehun because he doesn’t answer my call at all. I just don’t have good feeling about this.  As soon as I arrive in front of his house, I knock the door desperately and then his mom open the door.

“Oh, baekhyun? Good thing you come!”

“I’m sorry but where’s sehun? I have to see him.”

“In his room. Please go and talk to him. He doesn’t want to come out since the day he return home. I got worried to see his condition right now, he looks so depress.”

I run into sehun’s room and I saw him walking back and forth around his room while holding his phone. His face looks so worried and I can see dark circle around his eyes, like doesn’t sleep for days. He saw me and he suddenly rushed towards me and grab my shoulders.

“Hyung you have to help me!”

“Sehun ah, something is not right about you.”

“Hyung… jiyeon… please help her. Please stop her from telling the truth at the conference.”

“What are you saying sehun? And what are you doing here? You have to go there right now to stop her from doing something stupid.”

“I can’t hyung. I’m such a coward. I’m not supposed to be with jiyeon, because I always ended up hurting her. I’ve promised her that we will confess about us together… but here I am, being a coward and still in my room.”

“So you have to go now! You can’t let her face everything alone!”

“I told you I can’t hyung! Manager hyung asked me to choose between exo and jiyeon… after all the hardship we went through to reach at the highest peak…”

“So you ditch jiyeon?! I can’t believe it… since when you become so selfish. Jiyeon… got her contract terminated to save you. She agree to take the blame and cancel her contract as T-ara member, just to make sure your fans won’t blame you when she disappear from idol world… and you easily ditch her and trust manager hyung.”

“She… terminated her own contract…? what have I done? Hyung…”

“I’ll help you… one last help, for jiyeon’s sake.”

I left sehun in his room and left the house after I greet his mother with anger still filling my heart. But I couldn’t blame sehun for everything because I know he is having hard time as well as jiyeon. I can’t believe manager hyung can be that heartless. I can’t believe he made sehun choose between career and jiyeon. But sehun should tell us earlier, so we can help. Now… I have to help jiyeon, she shouldn’t be the only one who sacrifice when this happens to be our problem.

 

On my way to CCM building, the traffic is jammed. It’s almost ten so I can’t waste any more time or they will announce the termination before I could stop them, and what worse is if jiyeon confess about sehun and her. Manager hyung won’t let thing goes easy. He might make sehun lie and refuse what jiyeon said, so people will label jiyeon as a liar. I have to go fast. After paying the taxi I run as fast as I can, pass the walkers and passerby. I know people notice me because I can see eyes are on me. But what important now is jiyeon, I don’t care if people notice me, I don’t care if manager hyung knows, I just have to arrive there fast.

A huge crowd is gathering in front of the big screen in the middle of the city. I look up to see what attracted them so much. Then I notice, the guy talking on the screen, is Jiyeon’s president right? So the conference has started! I have to go now. I heard people screaming my name, things won’t go easy, really.

As soon as I arrive in front of the building, I can see reporters and some people are gathering outside, probably waiting for jiyeon to come out. When I turn back, I saw a huge crowds are chasing after me. if I stay here any longer, I wouldn’t survive maybe. No bodyguards to protect me as always, so I think I just have to run pass the reporters and avoid from being caught by them. That isn’t hard I think.

I take a deep breath and run as fast I can pass the group of reporters. My target is the main entrance, and I really have to go in as soon as possible to stop jiyeon. Oh, I feel like a drama hero, trying to save my girl. But this is not the time to be imaginative. I did it! I manage to run pass the reporters and arrive in front of the door, but wait. It’s locked! I should enter the building now or I might get surrounded when they finally realize that it is me, exo baekhyun, in front of CCM Building, desperately trying to enter, helplessly standing here without any protection. Then I saw a glimpse from inside through the glass door, well this is my opportunity.

“Isn’t that exo baekhyun? Trying to enter the building?”

I heard voices and whispers behind me, and even screams, makes me sweats even more. I take a glance behind and I saw crowd of people that followed me just now start screaming my name. I take out my phone and draw a big note on the screen, saying “EXO BAEKHYUN”. I knock the glass door furiously to attract someone attention from inside. I think my plan worked, because I heard beeping sound from inside, before the glass door finally opened. Someone from inside pulled me in and from the nametag I notice he is one of the staff.

“Baekhyun-ssi, what are you doing here alone? It is dangerous!”

“I’m sorry sir but where is the conference? I have to stop jiyeon now!”

“But you can’t go in right now. Please wait until they…”

“I can’t wait!”

Then I heard the speaker sound echoing from somewhere. I look at a door on my left, and I know jiyeon is in there. I have to go now. I heard jiyeon’s voice, I hope it’s not too late for me to stop her, at least before she announce her relationship with sehun. I r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter