Five

A Royal Curse

"Kyuhyun?"

The two older males looked at each other, thinking whether to tell Sungmin the truth or lock him outside the library. Heechul was also thinking that he'll blame it all to Hangeng since it was really Hangeng's idea to separate them at the first place. Before they could decide, Sungmin pushed them away and walked closer to Kyuhyun.

Sungmin was surprised and confused. There's no way that his kiss would wake Kyuhyun's frozen body. He wanted to make sure that he was not just seeing things. He needed to touch him since he cannot trust his eyes anymore. As he walked closer, Sungmin tried to read Kyuhyun's face. He was not sure if was angry, anxious, excited, or all of it. He slowly walked some more, but stopped when he saw Kyuhun stepped back.

 

Kyuhyun was able to feel his limbs again and was able to move once more. He hated the guy with a face full scar. You cannot trust those kind of people anyway. He looked around, and it seems like he was all alone. He needed to leave that place immediately and look for Sooyoung. If Princess Minsung is still alive, he was sure Sooyoung must be alive somewhere too. Unless, Minsung decided to punish her servant to death.

He was not sure what he was doing above a small platform surrounded with ropes. It seems like they  don't know the concept of proper security, or maybe they could control his body, and that explains why he would feel stiff and lost consciousness.

He walked towards the glass door and wall of the library. He could see what was outside, but an unknown force was forbidding him to pass. He should have known that Minsung is a witch rather than a princess. He tried fighting the force, but to no avail. He don't have much time, so he went somewhere else. He did not bother going upstairs, so he just voyaged on the ground floor.

He was feeling lost inside the big and unknown building. He was scared to touch anything that he was not used to. There's a lot of odd things that he could see, and it fascinates him how could they use it. He was walking some more in a dim hallway when heard a loud exchange of words. He was just going to sneak a peek, but when he saw Minsung being shoved outside an open door, he need to take advantage of it.

He plan to just push and run past the three people and maybe, they would be too distracted to chase after him.  He positioned himself, but before he could even run, Minsung spotted him.

"Kyuhyun?"

Minsung knew him too! Of course, she tried to seduce him before. However, Kyuhyun was still confused on why he looks like a male. Is he really Sungmin? Then why do he knew who he was? There's no time to ask. He needed to escape, and it seems like it would be harder now.

He longingly looked outside and then to the three persons. He noticed Sungmin slowly advancing towards him. He stepped back, and Sungmin stopped. Kyuhyun tried to walk forwardly, but the two men behind sprinted toward him. He was running out of idea, so he decided to enter the first open door on his right; the room where the scrolls were. He hastily closed it and figured out how it locks. He could hear pounding outside, so he distance himself from the door. He looked around where he could hide, but found nowhere. The place was dim and the only light came from the long table where a scroll was laid. He walked closer and saw that it was records about Princess Minsung. He did not have enough time to read the whole text, but something caught his eyes. A small scroll was inside a box with the rest of scrolls. That small one looked like the letters that Sooyoung sent him before. He took it and hid it inside his clothes.

"Kyuhyun please open this. We will not harm you." Sungming pleaded while continuously pounding on the door.

"He won't listen to you." Heechul said. "Hey brat! Open this door this instant!" Heechul yelled. Turning around, he asked Hangeng, "why won't you help us open the door?"

Hangeng then took his keys and dangled it in front of the two people blocking the door.

"If you would just excuse me, I could easily open the door without any hassle."

Sungmin and Heechul were murmuring about not telling them that he has keys while Hangeng opened the door. Once it was opened, They saw Kyuhyun touching the scrolls.

"No stop!" Sungmin screamed. Kyuhyun may damage the scrolls without knowing, so he was worried. He don't know why he was being over-protective of the scroll that probably contain Minsung's history now. Wasn't he mad of the princess?

"Please do not touch the scrolls, they are old and sensitive. I still need to translate it."

"Old?" Kyuhyun repeated.

Sungmin remembered that Kyuhyun was from the past and probably still haven't grasp that idea. He did not know what to say so as not to offend him, but Kyuhyun had an idea.

"Are these important?" He asked.

"Yes." Sungmin replied without hesitation.

"Let me leave this room alone and I won't touch these. If you don't let me, I could easily destroy these."

"You can't let him escape Sungmin." Heechul said.

"Let him go." Sungmin responded.

"But Sungmin-"

"I said let him go. I have to learn what happened to the princess. I have the most reliable source, and I won't let anyone destroy it."

"There's a lot of book about Minsung in the library." Hangeng reasoned.

"Those scrolls are important for me. Let him go."

Sungmin's tone was full of conviction that it didn't leave any room for excuse. Heechul and Hangeng walked away from the door and approached Sungmin. Kyuhyun slowly strode across the room and hurriedly left. He walked fast towards the door and would look back every now and then. It seems like Sungmin really has control over those men. He felt a little bit thankful for him, but he wondered what significance those scrolls hold for Sungmin.

Sungmin looked at the scrolls and examined it closely with his gloved hands. He handled it carefully and determined that they  were safe. He removed his gloves and run towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Hangeng asked.

"Looking for Kyuhyun." Sungmin replied.

"I thought you said to let him go?"

A loud alarm blasted inside the whole library.

"The backdoor." Hangeng said as he remembered.

"Now you know why. He cannot leave the library with the tracker on his body." Sungmin said while running.

"He cannot leave the library at all because he'll turn back into a statue by sun rise." Heechul murmured and then followed them outside.

Kyuhyun was running outside, but he was having a hard time dragging his body. His body was not used to strenuous activity because of being frozen for thousands of years.  He could hear a loud sound of alarm, but did not pay attention to it. He just kept on dashing. He stumbled on his feet and was about to fall on the ground, face first, when he felt a strong arm grabbed him.

"Kyuhyun!"

That voice again. Kyuhyun heard Sungmin's voice once again.

"Let me go!" Sungmin removed his arms around Kyuyun, but grabbed his arms instead.

"I can't."

"But you said."

"I can't let you wander outside. You don't know where you'll end up when the sun rose up."

"I could take care of myself. I don't need your charity."

"I don't know what would people do to a stray famous statue. It's safer in the library."

"Famous statue?"

"We'll- explain- in the- library." Heechul said while wheezing. He was not cursed to be a statue, but running tired him that much.

"I won't go back in there."

"Hangeng would you please?" Sungmin asked.

"With pleasure."

Hangeng carried Kyuhyun on his shoulder, and Kyuhyun was out of option.

When they arrived, Sungmin locked the backdoor, set up the security and turned off the alarm. They entered the lobby just in time as the phone rang. The police called the front desk to inform them about the alarm, and Sungmin was having a hard time inventing stories of what happened. The police doesn't need to know that a statue, who came to life, almost escaped the library. When he turned his attention to the other three persons in the room, he saw that Kyuhyun was sitting on the pedestal while being tied up. He cannot hear Kyuhyun's complain because his lips were taped.

"Is it really necessary to bound him like that?"

Kyuhyun shook his head vigorously.

"Of course! We cannot let our guard down." Heechul said.

"I think it's too much. Please remove it."

Kyuhyun nodded his head fervently in agreement.

"But it was hard tying him up like that. Hangeng did not even helped me."

Sungmin approached and gently removed the tape.

"We have to discuss something important to you. Can you promise us that you will stay and listen?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Not really."

Silence.

"Are you going to force me to love you like the Princess?"

"I don't even love you." Sungmin quickly replied with a frown.

Heechul dragged Sungmin away from Kyuhyun and talked with him in a hushed voice. Hangeng followed suit.

"Have you forgotten the curse? 'A true love's kiss would set him free.'"

"You kissed-!?" Sungmin covered Hangeng's mouth before he scream the rest of his sentences. The rest of Hangeng's words became muffled.

"You kissed who?" Kyuhyun asked in curiousness. The three people looked at him, but they continued their conversation without answering Kyuhyun.

"I don't know what happened okay? I admit I like their love story, but I never fallen in love with him." Sungmin said as he defended himself.

"Then why would you kiss him in the first place?"

Sungmin fell silent at Heechul's question. He looked at Kyuhyun, and he was not sure himself why he kissed the statue. Maybe because he was sad and desperate that time.

"Maybe he was just curious." Hangeng butted in.

"Y-Yeah... I was just curious." Sungmin repeated as if he was convincing himself. "Besides, I do truly love their story. Maybe anyone who would kiss him with pure intention would break the curse."

Heechul sighed out loud and walked away. He didn't realized that his task would be harder than expected. Hangeng followed him to console him even if he didn't know why the man was frustrated.

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun, who was wiggling his way out of the tight rope. He walked closer and helped Kyuhyun out. He crouched down and spoke.

"I'm sorry to keep you in here, but this is the only way I could think of right now."

"You deceived me." Kyuhyun said. He felt betrayed.

Sungmin sighed once again.

"Please understand your situation. It's for your own good. Let me explain."

Sungmin tried to explain to Kyuhyun all he knew about the history and the curse, and he also narrated what was happening right now. Kyuhyun tried to listen, but the information was too much for him to digest in one time.

"I'm still puzzled with the whole situation. You mean to say, I was trapped as a statue for more than two thousand years, and now I'm a distinguished person?"

"Yes."

"However, the curse would only let me move from midnight till sunrise?"

"Affirmative."

"And since I'm a legendary statue... I still don't like the sound of it. If I turn back as a stone outside, the folks would sell me to a different place?"

"Exactly! Though I'm not really sure about the last part, but you kind of get it."

"How can I seek for Sooyoung then?"

"Sooyoung?" Sungmin tilted his head on the side and asked.

"I thought you knew about me? She's the lass I'm in love with."

"Oh! She's the maidservant. So her name was Sooyoung huh? I don't know if you could still find her. She's-"

"You look like Princess Minsung. If I locate Sooyoung, even if she's a man right now. I would find her, and I will prove my love for her."

Sungmin was surprised to know that he looked like the former royalty, but he did not mind it since he witnessed himself the true love Kyuhyun had for Sooyoung. He was inspired and wanted to help Kyuhyun.

"I don't care whether I look like her or not. We're different. Since I was young I like your story and hated Minsung. I would do whatever I can to look for Sooyoung. In return, you have to stay here."

"How can I trust your words? You deceived me once."

"I apologized already, and besides, it was for your own good. I'll bring my drawing materials tomorrow, and you can describe her to me. I'll do my best to sketch her face, so I can have an idea how she looked like."

Kyuhyun could not explain why he was trusting Sungmin so easily. Maybe because he looked so eager to help, or maybe because he said that he hated the princess himself.

"What shall I do while you are looking for her then?"

Sungmin was thinking of things that would entertain Kyuhyun.

"You could learn how to read and write Hangul." Sungmin said as he try to enumerate things Kyuhyun could do in his free time, then remembered something else. He took his phone out of his pocket.

"You could also learn how new technologies work." Sungmin said as he show Kyuhyun his phone.

Kyuhyun hesitantly accepted the phone and carefully examined it. He tried to press a button, and was shocked to see the device lit.

"What is that?" Kyuhyun said as he threw away the phone.

"This helps you to communicate with other people." Sungmin was not mad that Kyuhyun threw away his phone. In fact, he was amazed. He then called Hangeng and put his phone on speaker mode.

"Hello Sungmin. What happened? Do you need something?" Hangeng's voice said.

"Wha- How is that possible? Is there a person inside this?" Kyuhyun took the phone from Sungmin's hands.

On the other line, Heechul and Hangeng could hear Sungmin's rich laugh. Maybe letting them meet was a good thing after all.

 

 

 

a/n: This was the hardest part for me to write (so far)...  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Sorry... ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

I was not sure how they would interact to each other, but I'm glad I was able to pull it off.

If you are not satisfied... I could understand. I'll try to redeem myself over the next chapters.ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Please enjoy reading. Everyone is welcome to read... Don't be shy.

I don't bite... unless you want me too. (○゜ε^○)