Thirty-Two

A Royal Curse

a/n: Yeah right! I'm going to put this here since I forgot to put at the last one. (Not going to forget the epic smiley too)

( -̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷄◞ω◟-̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷅ )

 

 

 

I'm not going to forget it again... >x<

Now, before we start, let me just give you a quick pop quiz:

Why was Sungmin mad at Minsung at the beginning of the story?

a.) Because Minsung did not kiss Kyuhyun and try to fix the problem in the first place?

b.) Because Minsung hated herself, and since he was the princess, he basically hated himself?; or

c.) Because I was lazy, dumb and did not emphasize it enough?

 

Yup! The answer is letter D! (not the dirty one)

d.) You don't need to comment everything down the comment section because you are already awesome, reading and supporting this story.^^

I just thought you missed it guys because no one commented about it. T^T

Enough of my blah-blabbering. Have a pleasant day!

Here's the story:

 

 

Heechul, Sungmin and Hangeng stared at each other. The sun was shining so brightly outside, in total contrast of the atmosphere inside the room. Their body was leaned back, trying to get as comfortable as possible, and their eyes were itching to close and have more sleep,  but they were firm on staying awake. Since they opened their eyes, they just gathered around and looked at each other. They welcomed the silence while desperately ignoring the grumbling of their stomachs. They were just there killing time since the calm and tranquil surroundings helped them relax and let their minds wonder far from their problems.

They could have stayed like that, but a knock on the door disturbed their little silent sanctuary. It was Hangeng, who stood up and walked to the door.

"Is sir Sungmin inside?" a staff asked. Her worried face was evident.

"What do you need him for? Can't I just help you myself?"

"But..." Sensing that Hangeng was not willing to let her see Sungmin, she explained the problem directly to him. "Kyuhyun, the statue, he was not in the lobby. We looked for him and found him in the lounge instead. Should we check the security cameras to see what happened?"

"No!" Sungmin shouted from the inside. He rushed and stumbled to the door and opened it wider. "Gather everyone in the lounge this instant." He ordered with a huff. The girl scrambled off her feet to obey immediately. Sungmin rarely reacted that way, and she was not used to it.

Heechul knew how vulnerable Sungmin was at that time. He worried that Sungmin would breakdown if he sees Kyuhyun."Sungmin, are you sure you're fine going there?" he asked.

The security footage would reveal Kyuhyun and their activities, so Sungmin cannot allow anyone to have their hands on that videos. He also needed to control the situation right away before the patrons go on looking for Kyuhyun. There's no other place in the library where he could gather them except the lobby and the lounge. To lessen the suspicions, he needed to do it away from the outsiders. He knew about Heechul's concern, but his feeling was not important right now.

"Hangeng hyung, please delete all the recordings and disable all the cameras around the library. No one would dare enter our establishment anyway. They must not find out about Kyuhyun." Sungmin requested before leaving. Heechul did not get his answer, but he was certain that Sungmin would not be alright by himself.

"I'll go follow him." He said to Hangeng.

"That's what I was going to ask you anyway. Help him think of an excuse. He is a terrible liar."

 

The lounge was packed with people and a statue. The place was filled with whispering of theories and guess on how Kyuhyun ended there. They had variety of reasons and explanations, but they patiently waited and anticipated the real reason behind Kyuhyun's misplacement. All of them were, except for Sungmin, Heechul and Sooyoung.

Sooyoung arrived that morning to start her "work" and saw the staff worrying about the missing statue. They all suggested to look at the security cameras, but she told them to ask for Sungmin's output first. She knew that the moment the learn about Kyuhyun's issue, it would cause chaos and would somehow tarnish Sungmin's reputation. She would not let any of that happen in her watch.

"Sir Sungmin, what happened to the statue and what would we tell the people?" The staffs asked once Sungmin arrived at the lounge.

Sungmin inhaled hard. His eyes were busy roaming around the room trying to find out an excuse, but seeing Kyuhyun in the same room made him remember everything what happened the night before. He kept looking around, averting his gaze away from Kyuhyun while raking his brain for any excuse. Still, he cannot come up with a plausible excuse. With his eyes still roving about, he saw Sooyoung near the table they used yesterday.

"We had friends over." Sungmin started. "We," he paused and looked around. What would he say next? That Kyuhyun turned into a human and had snacks with them in the lounge?

Sungmin paused. He wanted to continue, but his brain was not cooperating at the moment. He was about to dismiss everyone without explanation when Heechul butted in.

"We had a bet on who can move the statue the farthest." Everyone looked at Heechul incredulously, totally not buying his words. Who could carry a statue with their bare hands anyway?

"Yes! The security guard oppa and that guy tried, but they weren't able to move him that far." Sooyoung exclaimed. She played along to convince these people. "My brother, however, was able to move him up to here."

The staffs were still not believing anything. Besides, she's just a new girl who suddenly came. Who would believe her?

"You don't remember my brother? The one during PBS who escorted Sungmin oppa?" Everyone ahhed when they remembered Sooyoung and Siwon. "With my brother's body, he could no doubt carry this scrawny statue." She added to make her story sound more true. Everyone nodded their head as they imagined Siwon carrying Kyuhyun. They could easily picture that Siwon guy effortlessly carry the statue away from its display.

Now that the back story was settled, Sungmin just have to instruct the workers on how to answer the questions of library goers.

"Bring out the forklift and let's move Ky- Let's move the statue in the storage room. If anyone would look for him, just tell them we're cleaning him properly. This meeting is dismissed." Sungmin ordered.

The male staffs covered Kyuhyun with enough moving blankets and secured him on the manual forklift before carefully moving him away from the lounge. They slowly headed to the storage room as the rest of the workers went back to their own tasks.

Sungmin's feet automatically led him towards the direction of the lift. He was absentmindedly following Kyuhyun when Heechul got a hold of his arm.

"You should rest. I'll get in charge of the moving." Heechul suggested to keep Sungmin away from Kyuhyun.

Sungmin stared at Heechul, silently pleading him to let him go, but Heechul was determined to keep Sungmin away from Kyuhyun for a while.

Sungmin returned to the room, but the room was cold and empty. Hangeng was still not back from his assignment. Now that he's all alone, he started thinking negatively again. He left the room to clear his mind off Kyuhyun, but his feet were directing him towards the storage room once again.

"Oh oppa," Sooyoung called. "I thought you're going to rest? I actually made you this honey milk to help you relax."

"Ah yes." Sungmin caught himself thinking about Kyuhyun again. He was grateful for Sooyoung's distractions. He's thankful that they didn't let him wallow too much.

They entered the room, then Sungmin pulled out his trundle and sat down. Sooyoung offered him the warm mug of milk and sat down across Sungmin.

"Actually, I'm here to tell you something. My brother is busy, so he asked me to tell you instead. He said that you have some sort of appointment in Jeju. I forgot the detail since I can't remember too much big words." She said as she softly knock her head. "I'm jealous though. He doesn't want me to come with you." She added with a pout.

Sungmin sipped his milk before responding. He did not really want to leave the library, but he needed distraction too much. "Did he say for how long?"

Sooyoung looked up and though for a while. "If he told me how long, I probably forgot. So," she trailed as she observe the room. "this is where you sleep?" Sungmin just nodded carefully with the mug close to his lips. "You know, I'm good at cleaning. I could clean this for you while you're gone. I'll make sure everything is spot clean when you come back." She offered. "Do you want me to decorate this room with pink?"

Sungmin almost sputtered the milk when he chuckled. "No thanks. Hangeng would kick me out."

 

Sooyoung stayed and made sure that Sungmin was comfortable. They were having quite a good time when Hangeng came with Sungmin's food. Sooyoung then left to eat and help around the library since it was her primary reason being there.

After finishing his meal, Sungmin went outside to supervise the workers. He left the solitary of his room to take Kyuhyun off his thoughts.

 

The library closed, and the staffs left eventually. Sungmin and Sooyoung were returning the remaining books when Siwon called.

"Oppa said he's waiting at the back outside."

"Let's go get him."

"No. You two continue what you are doing. I'll go get Siwon." Heechul volunteered.

The two were surprised at Heechul's sudden appearance, and they were too stunned to respond. Without waiting for their response, Heechul left.

 

Heechul was observing Sungmin and Sooyoung since they left the room. He was waiting on the side, ready to charge if Sooyoung tried to do something funny. So far, she only managed to make Sungmin smile for most of the day, so he let them alone. Still, he kept his eyes and ears glued on them just in case.

If Sungmin was happy with Sooyoung around, Heechul was willing to let the servant tail Sungmin. Siwon was a different case though. Heechul still needed to see if Sungmin was willing to spend his time with this guy.

 

Siwon got off his car and looked at the library. He took a big breath and shook his limbs to loosened himself in effort to appear relax in front of Sungmin. He'd seen the man quite a lot of times. Still, his heart would automatically thump at the sight of him.

He held his breath when he heard the creak of the door opening. He immediately snapped his head and anticipated Sungmin to emerge.  He was surprised to see Heechul fetching him,  but he did not complain. In fact, he was very thankful. He take this chance to persuade Heechul on help him execute his plan.

 

Their footsteps sounded in a slow rhythmic pace. They did not hurry as they sought to take their time to reach Sungmin and Sooyoung. They were silent for a while, but Siwon started a conversation.

"Was Kyuhyun the statue with Minsung's coats in the mountains?"

"Why are you asking when you clearly know the exact answer?" came Heechul's reply.

Siwon was afraid to ask his next question, but he needed to make sure. "Was he her lover?"

"Kyuhyun," Heechul breathed out. "he believed that it was Sooyoung who sent her the letters. Sooyoung lied to get his affection." He said furiously.

"Don't assume such things. You don't know everything. Sooyoung only has the best intention for Minsung."

"I don't care about her reasons. She lied and ruined Princess Minsung's heart."

"So Kyuhyun never loved Sungmin." Siwon was getting enraged as well, but at least he knew he didn't have any rivalry with him at all. "Do you know how to bring us all in the past?"

"Yes."

"Then I'm going to bring back Sungmin to our time."

Heechul halted his steps at Siwon's declaration.

"You cannot bring him back." He opposed.

"And why can't I?"

"He will die." Siwon was taken aback, but he let Heechul continue. "I carried the princess when she was on the brink of dying. If we return with Sungmin, I don't know what would happen. Nothing good ever happen when I use my power."

"I would still get him. I don't care if we have to stay here in this generation or not." Siwon persisted.

"I really wish  Sungmin would just fall for you. I really do." Siwon was bewildered with Heechul's change of attitude. Now that he has Heechul's blessing, he only need to get Sungmin's approval.

Heechul pointed out to Siwon where Sungmin and Sooyoung were working instead of going there with him. He did not need to go back there and scare the not-so poor girl anymore. Instead, he'll just slip in the dark as what he always did since his face changed. He had trouble hiding before, but with a lot of practice and humiliation, he perfected it and became accustomed to it.

 

"Oh oppa! You're here already?"

"I just called you." Siwon stated.

"I still don't want to leave." Sooyoung protested. She got more books to place and moved around to its proper aisles to make herself look busy.

"It's okay Sooyoung. We could continue tomorrow." Sungmin said.

"Minnie oppa," Sooyoung whined. Sungmin was leaving next week with her brother, and she would have less time with Sungmin. She won't let her brother win that easily.

Siwon breathed in and tightened his jaw. "Sooyoung," he said in a stern voice. "It's late, and I still have to talk with Sungmin. We don't want to tire him too much, don't we?"

"Oppa," she whined more. Why does love makes us do unimaginable things? Siwon was always understanding before with her, always indulging and treating her specially. Now, he's trying his best to keep Sungmin to himself.

Siwon tossed her his car keys. "Go to the car. I won't take long."

"Aren't you afraid that I'll go without you?" she threatened.

"I know you won't," Siwon replied. "You don't want me to be alone with him." Siwon continued to himself, but Sooyoung understood nevertheless. Just by the look of his eyes and unyielding stance, she knew she did not had any choice.

"Don't tire him too much." She said as she desert the rest of the books.

"She's tiring you out huh?" Sungmin observed.

"You barely see how energetic she is." Siwon answered with a shook of his head.

"Thank you for introducing her to me. She is truly special."

"You're welcome. I'm just afraid that she's being too special sometimes."

Sungmin chuckled. Heechul was glad that Sungmin was happily smiling- No. He was genuinely laughing. If these two people, who surrounded Princess Minsung in the past could make him happy now, maybe taking her away from them was a bad decision after all.

Heechul left. Sungmin is better off without him. Maybe it is better if he completely disappear from his recovering life. Hangeng- Hangeng deserves someone who would not lie to him, someone whom he could trust and someone that won't leave him behind.

Heechul turned around and walked away. He did not bother listening to the rest of their conversation. Because there's no need for him to worry about Sungmin anymore.

"Something came up in the construction site. You could just send any representative, but I'm afraid there's no one in here who could understand what's happening in Jeju. It'll be just for a day. Well, two and a half with transportation." Siwon explained.

He knew Sungmin's predicament with leaving the library, so he scheduled the meeting within a day. He would just try to convince Sungmin to come with him during the car ride. He'll do anything just to keep Sungmin away from Kyuhyun.

"Why don't we go there and stay for five days?" Sungmin suggested to Siwon's surprise. It was spoken so nonchalantly that Siwon had a hard time believing Sungmin. Siwon was about to check for his temperature but decided against it.

"Five days? Did I heard it right?" Siwon clarified. He won't celebrate unless he was sure he heard right.

"You need to rest too. Besides, I'm not busy at all. I could go anytime. If it's possible, Let's go three days from now. That would give us at least two free days before the scheduled day, then we could leave the next afternoon. " Sungmin suggested. The sooner he leave, the sooner he could take Kyuhyun away from him mind.

Siwon had to refrain from showing his excitement. He was going to try his luck during those two and a half day, but Sungmin suggesting to double their stay was beyond his imagination.

"Sounds like a good idea to me. Thank you Sungmin."

"No, it's me who should thank you."

"I won't hold you for so long then. Sooyoung must be itching to come back here." Siwon bid before Sungmin could even change his mind. He bowed his head and took his leave. His mind was going wild, thinking of ways to woo and convince Sungmin that he almost didn't heard Sungmin calling his name. "Yes?" Siwon asked and looked back at the man calling him.

"Pick me up at my house this time. I won't be staying here from now on." Sungmin informed.

Siwon did not know what made Sungmin suddenly want to leave the library. Did something happened? If there was, he was not going to worry . Not until Sungmin show any sign or say it directly to him.

 

Sungmin huffed and puffed as he walk to and fro the lobby. His head was held low and his eyes were unfocused. Did he made the right decision? Was avoiding Kyuhyun will help him with his predicament?

He could have asked Hangeng and Heechul for an advise, but he wanted to help himself. There would come a time where they would not have time for him, a time where they would face their own problems, a time where those two won't be around anymore. He's old enough to take care and make decision himself, but doubt and fear of failure never leave him alone.

His shoes keep squeaking as he kept on pacing around.  He didn't like what he was feeling at the moment. His restless feet were starting to numb, his head was getting lightheaded, but his heart was losing control as his choice would always end up with one solution:

"I need to see and talk to Kyuhyun."