Ten

A Royal Curse

a/n: Does this count as double update? Nah~ this is how I "regularly" update this story anyway. XD Enjoy this little tid-bits. Ahhh... the advantage of updating a story with only 1000+ words every chapter. XD

 

 

It was almost time for the sun to rise, so they were already heading to the library. It was Heechul who was driving Sungmin's car back to the library. Kyuhyun, who was sitting on the passenger side, was quietly looking outside, making himself busy to avoid any kind of conversation. The reason behind the silent atmosphere started after Heechul came was:

When Sungmin hugged Heechul, he didn't let go of the taller man. He tried his best to conceal his sobs since he didn't want Kyuhyun to see him like that. It proved to be a challenge because what he was feeling was all new to him. Having someone to comfort him, also made him feel a little free to indulge in crying.

Heechul wanted to comfort the person who was now soaking his shirt, but he needed to talk to Sungmin alone. He looked at Kyuhyun, and decided to go somewhere else. Heechul held Sungmin's head in place, which was on his shoulder. He turned around, dragging Sungmin with him, and walked away. He looked back and saw Kyuhyun coming after them.

"Do you mind if I borrow him for a while?" He asked, not really minding Kyuhyun's response since he would still do whatever suits his taste.

Kyuhyun shook his head and responded, "I need him to look for Sooyoung."

"What do you need her for?" Heechul asked in distaste. He wanted to add more sarcastic remarks like 'you won't see her anyway,' but one person to console was enough for today. "We won't take much time" he added and left with Sungmin. Sungmin held-up his head a bit to counter, but he was cut short by Heechul by pressing his head back in his shoulder. "We need to talk."

Heechul sat Sungmin on a bench and left for a bit to buy drinks. He handed Sungmin a bottle, squated down and demanded the other to talk. Sungmin finished his share, but still remained silent. Heechul offered his own soju, and Sungmin accepted it again. After drinking a total of three bottles of strong alcohol that night, Sungmin was already beginning to have the courage speak.

"Spill." Heechul boosted.

Instead of answering, Sungmin just looked at Heechul with unfocused and glassy eyes. He then smiled bitterly and started crying again. He wiped his tears messily with both hands and arms. He then started hiccupping which prompted him to laugh in a gloomy tone.

Heechul shook his head. Making Sungmin drunk was not the best way to make him talk. He stood up slowly since squatting down for a long time did nothing good for his bones. He was about to invite Sungmin back when the other male decided to talk.

"I think I'm falling for him." Sungmin admitted dejectedly.

"You are not falling for him." Heechul's reply surprised Sungmin and made him look at the said man. He was pretty sure he was falling for Kyuhyun, but if it was not the case, he'd be really thankful. "You are not falling for him. You just forgot that you already love him from the start." Heechul repeated, and this time, he explained why.

"Argh! You're not helping." Sungmin replied. He returned to his slumped position. He looked back at Heechul and asked, "what do you mean forgot?"

Heechul raised his brows. He was not careful with his words, and now he had to explain things. He was also not sure if drunk Sungmin would be able to digest all of the explanation he had. He took a chance and explained it anyway.

"You," he pointed at Sungmin "and me," he then pointed to himself, "we're from the past. You and Princess Minsung are one person. I don't know why and how you forgot the past, but I'm here to help you remember."

Sungmin looked at him and then laughed out loud. "I thought I'm the drunk one."

Heechul grabbed Sungmin's arms and shook him a little to make him focus a bit. "Then how do you explain you breaking Kyuhyun's first layer of curse?"

"But I'm not the one he loves. I'm the princess... The one he loathes the most." Sungmin's face contorted because of emotional pain. Deep inside, he already admitted to himself that he was the princess.

Heechul understood Sungmin and sighed. "Would it cheer you up if I remind you that 'a true love's kiss would set him free?' Your kiss did that. 'To break the curse he needed to see, and accept the person who loves him truly.' He doesn't need Sooyoung or any other people. He just need to realize that the person he loves is you."

Sungmin nodded, and it did made him a little hopeful. Maybe something happened in the past that made Kyuhyun think Sooyoung was the one sending him letters. He just needed to make Kyuhyun realize that the love of his life is him. They don't need to waste their time looking for Sooyoung. He could just use it to make Kyuhyun forget her and fall for him instead. He kept nodding his head as he formulate a plan on how he would do it, but a thought came to his mind. "Wait, how did you know who Sooyoung is?"

"Oh look at the time! It's almost sun rise. We need to bring Kyuhyun back at the library." Heechul burst out to avoid answering the question asked. He quickly headed back, only stopping when he felt that he was walking alone. He looked back and saw Sungmin flopped unceremoniously on the bench.

Kyuhyun was waiting patiently while sitting on the steps where they ate. He was wondering what they were discussing about. Has it something to do why Sungmin was crying? Was Sungmin going to complain to Heechul about hurting him? Why did he felt guilty all of the sudden? And why is he disturbed that Sungmin left without him? His thoughts stopped when he saw Heechul walking back. He frowned when he noticed something wrong.

"Where is Sungmin?"

"You'll see. Come with me."

Kyuhyun came with Heechul and they arrived on the bench where Sungmin was sleeping. Heechul orded him, so he carried Sungmin on his back. Since Sungmin was already sleeping, he tried to remember where they went, and how to go back to Sungmin's car. Heechul tried asking Sungmin, but the drunk guy just kept grunting nonsense and kept making himself comfortable on Kyuhyun's back and shoulder. Kyuhyun was getting tired and annoyed, so he just trusted his memory. For some reason, they found the short male's car. Kyuhyun put Sungmin down and leaned him on the car. Heechul then crouched down and started coping Sungmin's pockets.

"What obscene thing are you doing in public with a drunk person?" Kyuhyun protested. He was appalled that Heechul would take advantage of the situation.

"I'm just looking for his keys. If not, we won't be able to leave this place before sun rise." Heechul replied without looking at Kyuhyun. He can't look because he did think of something evil. He tried to touch Sungmin in more inappropriate places while pretending to search for the keys. Kyuhyun can't watch anymore, so he yanked Heechul away, crouched down and searched for the keys himself.

"What does it looks like?"

"A small metal with black thing attached to it." Heechul replied while trying to explain what a car key looks like in the simplest manner. He can't help a small smile to appear on his face.

Kyuhyun kept feeling Sungmin's front pocket, but since the other one was wearing tight trousers, he was sure it was not in there. He noticed that modern pants have pockets in their back too, so he tried to feel Sungmin's bum.  His heart was beating so fast, but he reminded himself that he's just touching him improperly for important purposes. He felt something hard and small, different from the firm moulds of Sungmin. He tried to fish it out, and when he did got it out of Sungmin's pants, he held it up.

"Yup! That's the key." Heechul remarked and took the key out of Kyuhyun's hand. He disarmed the car's lock and opened the backseat door. Kyuhyun immediately got up and walked to the passenger side. He looked at the door and tried to think on how to open it. While Kyuhyun was figuring how to open the door, Heechul carried Sungmin, so he can sit him securely at the back of the car. When he closed the door, Kyuhyun was already sitting inside, miraculously, with his door closed.

Heechul started the car and headed to the library. He was aware that Kyuhyun was avoiding him, but he was not sure why. He had an idea, so he tested it.

"Was it big or small?"

Kyuhyun snapped his head at Heechul. Too bad Heechul was focusing on the road, so did not see Kyuhyun's red blushing face. Kyuhyun turned away his face and slumped lower on the seat.

"It was big." Kyuhyun responded nevertheless. "And cushiony." He added in a hushed tone. He looked back outside and feigned innocence.

The response was enough to make Heechul smirk. His hunch why Kyuhyun was silent was right anyway.

When they got back at the library, Hangeng was already approaching them. Kyuhyun got off first.

"You're just in time. Kyuhyun needs to change before he turned back into-" Hangeng stopped his steps and words when he saw Heechul got out.

"Don't just stand there. Help me with Sungmin." Heechul commanded. Hangeng then immediately ran to the car and carried Sungmin like a bride. They all went inside and headed to Hangeng's room. They laid down Sungmin then left, so Kyuhyun can change back to his original clothes.

"Where have you gone?" Hangeng asked.

"I was looking for-" Heechul replied, but he was cut by an overly delighted Hangeng.

"The legend about that cursed beautiful man? I was looking for it too when I have time, but I still can't see any story like it."

"No, I was looking for a man." Heechul corrected, but Hangeng was too enthusiastic to hear Heechul. Kyuhyun opened the door. He was dressed back in his clothes. Then, he looked at Heechul. He suddenly remembered what they talked about in the car, so he immediately left because of discomfort and went to the lobby alone. The two remaining men just shrugged at his actions.

"His original clothes suits him better." Heechul commented as they entered the room.

"Well, these are my old clothes. It was a little bit big on him." Hangeng said as he gather the neatly-folded clothes. "Anyway..." Hangeng started uncertainly "are you going to stay here?"

Heechul looked at Hangeng and wanted to say no, for he needed to search for a certain man. However, he looked at Sungmin with now dry eyes, and felt like helping him to win Kyuhyun's heart was now his responsibility.

"Brace yourself. You'll see more of me again."

Back in the lobby, Kyuhyun was looking at his hands as he wait for the curse to take over his body. He's been acting weird around Sungmin today. First, he unconsciously hurt him when he remembered the princess. Then now, he wiped Sungmin's remaining tears away before he left Hangeng's room. Just who is Sungmin to him anyway?

 

 

 

a/n: Based on my calculations before, this story was supposed to end with only 10 chapters, but that time, I was not expecting this kind of response. Then you guys started subscribing and commenting (which melts my heart by the way sometimes they make me laugh too), so I decided to make it longer. If it starts to become draggy, (I highly doubt because I want everything fast) just tell me, and I'll change the flow of the story.

 

 

maybe I should also cut my author's notes short. XD