Twenty-Seven

A Royal Curse

Once the door closed on Heechul's face, his breathing became ragged. The girl who just left was no doubt Sooyoung. She saw Kyuhyun pushed Sungmin. Whatever reason Kyuhyun had for shoving Sungmin was not important. Heechul had an idea why Sungmin would cry, and it was not just because of the simple push. Sungmin was scared, scared that he would experience those excruciating feelings that he felt before as a princess.

Heechul was furious. He glared at Kyuhyun once more. He imagined things that he wanted to do with Kyuhyun for unknowingly making Sungmin cry, like casting another curse, lashing out his anger, beating some sense out of him, or even just a simple slap. However, those things takes effort, and this guy was not deserving even a single drop of his energy. Also, it won't prove useful for his plan to help Sungmin.

He rolled his eyes as he sigh. He needed to calm down. Impulsiveness won't do any good for them. He'd been so impulsive in the past, and look what happened. Sungmin suffered more than before. At least he's not the only one to blame. Whoever parted that "gift of power" to him, did not warned him about the negative effects of it.

 

Hangeng asked Heechul to keep Kyuhyun away from the room, but Heechul also did not want to be anywhere near the man. He spun and walked back to where he came from, leaving a confused Kyuhyun behind.

"Heechul-ssi," Kyuhyun called. "tell Hangeng that he's mistaken. I didn't made Sungmin cry. I don't know what made him cry." Kyuhyun begged.

Heechul ignored him and continued walking. There's no use listening to Kyuhyun. It will only make his blood boil.

"Heechul-ssi," Kyuhyun called once again. "please." He begged.

Did Heechul heard him right? Please? That's new. He never knew Kyuhyun could beg, at least not to him.

He stopped walking and faced Kyuhyun. He almost felt pity at the distressed look Kyuhyun had. Almost.

"I'm sorry. I don't know exactly what happened between you and Sungmin, so I cannot help you."

"I... We..." Kyuhyun had a hard time explaining to Heechul what happened in the lobby without sounding foolish and rude. "Then Sooyoung came. I was just-"

Heechul was willing to listen to Kyuhyun's rambling, but when he heard the servant's name, he snapped.

"Stop explaining. I don't understand you, and I can't see your point."

"But I just want to- no. I need to see Sungmin." Kyuhyun pleaded.

"What for?" Heechul asked with irritation. If Kyuhyun would give a wrong answer, he would surely do something with this man.

"I... I don't know."

Heechul's patience almost flew out of the window. He tried to resist himself, but his hand was much faster. He flicked Kyuhyun right on the forehead.

"Hey! What's that for?" Kyuhyun complained.

"I saw an annoying scrawny creature in front of me. It was irritating, so I flicked it away." Heechul reasoned in a not-so convincing manner. "You know what," he added in a serious voice. "heart can be very deceiving. You should not always listen to it. What you desire could put you or the people around you in danger. Sometimes all you need is some truth because the truth will set you free."

Heechul left Kyuhyun with those cryptic words. Kyuhyun ended up more confused.

"I don't understand. I just wanted to see Sungmin. I just want to tell someone that I'm happy to finally see Sooyoung."

 

"Sooyoung, did you forget something again?" Siwon asked as he drove back to his apartment.

"No." Sooyoung briefly replied. She was too busy thinking to talk.

"You're acting strange. What are you thinking about?" Siwon asked in worry. Does he need to send Sooyoung back in America? He can't afford to lose Sooyoung. She's the only one he knew, who could help bring Sungmin's memories back.

"Kyuhyun," was her short reply.

"What about Kyuhyun?"

"Didn't you notice? The statue was not in the lobby when we came back. Then the man, who pushed Minnie oppa, was wearing an odd clothing." She explained her observation.

Siwon tried to remember the scene back in the library. He sure did not see the statue, but he did saw Kyuhyun wearing a commoner's clothing during their period.

Kyuhyun- Was it a pure coincidence that the man and the statue had the same name? However, they look exactly the same. The first time Siwon saw the statue when he fetched Sungmin to go to Jeju island, he didn't pay any attention to it, and when he first saw Kyuhyun, he ignored his unsettling suspicion. Now, though, he's somehow convinced that Kyuhyun was the statue.

It's actually quite amusing that Kyuhyun looked like the statue that was covered with Minsung's luxurious winter coats.

"Oppa!" Sooyoung yelled as Siwon abruptly stopped the car. "What's wrong? Did you forget something?"

"No."

Siwon pulled out his phone and searched about Kyuhyun's legend. He was horrified at what he saw. Minsung's name was on every Kyuhyun's story. He was skeptical about the accuracy of the legend since Minsung could never do evil to anyone as the story portrayed.

However, he saw Minsung with the statue. It would be impossible for Kyuhyun to steal those coats from the princess. Moreover, back in the palace, the servants reported to him that Minsung's health was deteriorating during that harsh winter. If she sneaked out of the palace every night to visit and cover Kyuhyun, that would explain everything.

"You cannot make her happy. You are not the person she loves." Sooyoung's words replayed to his mind again and again as he picture Kyuhyun.

He cannot believe that his rival was with Sungmin all this time. Kyuhyun was also probably the reason why Sungmin hesitated to come to Jeju, and why he was devastated when his phone broke.

He put his car back on gear as he headed back in the library.

"Oppa where are you going?"

"Were going back to the library." He cannot let Sungmin fall for Kyuhyun. He's not ready to give up.

"I don't want to see him." Sooyoung complained.

"Who?" Siwon asked as he sensed Sooyoung's fear.

"Heechul. He is giving me weird feeling. I don't feel like seeing him again." Sooyoung said in fear.

Siwon gripped the wheel. Sooyoung's fear was genuine. He was not sure how Sooyoung and Heechul knew each other and what happened between them. The only thing he knew was Sooyoung's showing early signs of panic attack, and it could get worse if he insist on going back to the library. To ease his sister's worry, he made a quick turn.

He drove back to his apartment in silence, but his mind was a mess. He better get his act straight and woo Sungmin as soon as he can before it's too late. He cannot lose Sungmin for the second time. When he decided to find Sungmin in this present time, he swore to himself that he will never go back to their era empty-handed. He'd rather die than see Sungmin in the arms of another man.

 

It took a while before Sungmin completely calmed down and went to sleep. When Hangeng placed his head on a pillow, Hangeng felt and saw a wet spot on his pants. He could accept and tolerate it if it was just a saliva stain, but it was worse. His pants were soaked with Sungmin's tears- tears of pain and fear. He hated it. He hated the fact that he didn't know how to help his friend, he hated that he could not blame Kyuhyun for his friend's misery, but what he hated the most was that he felt like Heechul was hiding something from him. He'll let it go for now. He was sure Heechul has his own reason for concealing his true identity. He would just wait until Heechul reveals it himself.

When he was sure that Sungmin was really asleep, he stood up to go back to his nightly duties. When he opened the door, he saw Kyuhyun patiently waiting outside. He was not sure whether to feel mad or pleased that Kyuhyun persisted on seeing Sungmin. He looked at Kyuhyun who was nervously staring back at him.

"If you want to see him, he's sleeping." Hangeng said. He stepped out of the room, but kept the door open. "You could go inside, but if he cried once again, I'll make sure you won't be able to feel, nor recognize your face for weeks." He tipped his head towards the room to gesture Kyuhyun to enter. "Go ahead."

Kyuhyun took small and careful step towards the door. He kept his head low as he passed Hangeng. When he was inside, he quickly closed the door and breathed relief.

Kyuhyun looked around and did not like the feeling that Sungmin was emitting in his sleep. He observed the man, and he could clearly see the changes not only on Sungmin's appearance, but on the surrounding as well. They never changed the room's light, but everything looked darker, the air felt heavier and the atmosphere gloomier.

As he walked closer, he could hear Sungmin's soft sniffle. That brought worry to him, but when he saw Sungmin's tear-stained face, his heart clenched. He remembered how Sungmin shook violently and collapsed in front of him. Sungmin looked so weak and helpless, but he can't' do anything to help because of his situation that time. If he could only move, he could have helped on calming him down.

What made him panicked that way anyway? Was it really because he pushed him? But that's impossible.

Kyuhyun tried to recall what happened. Sooyoung came, and then he panicked. It would be unthinkable for Sungmin to hide Sooyoung, for the man did all the things he could to help him find her. There must be something else.

Kyuhyun thought harder and remembered Siwon came and left with Sooyoung. He disregarded the idea that the two were dating since Heechul said that Siwon likes Sungmin.

"Was Sungmin afraid that I'll be disgusted by him?" Kyuhyun thought.

He reached for Sungmin's hand and held it tightly to comfort and show his support.

"You helped me find Sooyoung. You've done enough for me. This time, I'll help you with Siwon in exchange of your kindness. It's your turn to find your own happiness." Kyuhyun said to the sleeping man. Little did he know, that he was Sungmin's happiness.

 

 

 

a/n: My sister is going to kill me for not letting her read this first, but I had to post this for...

 

KyuMin Day!!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

 

Happy ChoLee Day everyone.

(ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)♥

( ˘ ³˘)♥

(>^_^)><(^o^<)

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

♡(*´∀`*)人(*´∀`*)♡

♡〜٩(^▿^)۶〜♡

 

 

Now let me just go to one corner and cry for the stupidness of Kyuhyun.

Why did I created such stupid and naive characters? ლ(ٱ٥ٱლ)