Twenty-Six

A Royal Curse

"Minnie oppa?"

When Kyuhyun heard that familiar voice, he immediately opened his eyes and saw his own actions. When he realized what he was about to do to Sungmin, he instantly pushed the man. Sungmin moved a few steps back before his back hit Sooyoung.

"Oppa! Are you okay?" Sooyoung asked in worry. "Yah! Why did you have to do that?" she nagged towards Kyuhyun. "Minnie oppa, what's wrong? Please calm down." she said to Sungmin as he shook violently.

Everything was fine. It was actually better than before, but why did they have to meet this soon? This was the moment Sungmin dreaded. He was lost. He doesn't know what to do now.

The past heartbreaking memory of Minsung came rushing back to him- the harsh weather, the cold gust of wind, the muddy ground, the hateful and fierce glare of Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun shoved him. It was clear that he was still hated by the man he loves with all his life.

 

Kyuhyun cannot believe his eyes. Is this real? He tried to approach Sooyoung, who was busy soothing Sungmin, but he can't move a single muscle. His body was not listening to his command. It was as if he lost control over his body. It wasn't new to him. He knew this feeling. He felt it before in the past. It happened just before he became a statue. Why was it happening again?

"Sooyoung did you retrieved your pur- What happened here?!" Siwon came to look for his sister, who returned to get her favorite purse back. He was just in time to see Sungmin hyperventilate. Upon witnessing the scene, he ran quickly to assist the distressed man.

"Siwon oppa find a paper bag. Quick!" Sooyoung instructed.

Siwon was torn between helping Sungmin and complying with Sooyoung. He did not want to leave Sungmin in such troubled and helpless state. He should be the one staying on his side.

"Oppa!" Sooyoung said, clearly annoyed that both of men were just staring at them.

She didn't had a choice, so she did what she could do. First, she remove any unnecessary and restrictive clothing. Meaning, she started undressing Sungmin from his wig to his high heels. Although she let the dress pool on Sungmin's lower half, The exposed creamy and soft skin made Siwon to look away. Kyuhyun also wanted to avert his gaze, but he was not able to move. He was forced to watch Sungmin suffer in front of him while he stand motionless.

The next thing Sooyoung did was knead Sungmin's palms and soles of his feet. She also said soothing word to calm the man.

When nothing was working, she left Sungmin for a while to drag her brother closer. She cupped her brother's hands and placed it on Sungmin's nose and mouth.

"Take slow deep breaths Minnie oppa. Don't worry, I'm here. I'm not leaving you alone like this. Just take deep breaths." She instructed and calmed Sungmin as she rub him soothingly.

Hangeng came holding a hot pink purse.

"Sungmin, someone left this. Sungmin!" He came closer to check the situation. Sungmin was already calming down when Hangeng crouched to his side. "What happened?" He asked.

"That man pushed him!" she snitched, "I saw it with my own two eyes."

Hangeng remembered Heechul's words, "Sungmin looks like the former princess... Kyuhyun hates Princess Minsung".

He didn't realized that Kyuhyun would be so vindictive. He glared at the man he trusted and regarded as a close friend. After all the good things and sacrifices Sungmin did to him, with a simple resemblance to the princess, he would react so cruelly? He picked the princess himself, didn't he?

"Ng...Geng," Sungmin rasped. He tried to raise his shaky arms to touch his friend. Hangeng's initial reaction was to discard the purse and grab Sungmin's hand. He carried Sungmin to his bedroom, anywhere away from Kyuhyun.

When Hangeng was out of the scene, Kyuhyun felt his limbs once again. He was massaging his arms while contemplating whether to pursue Sooyoung, who was leaving, or follow Sungmin.

Thinking that Sungmin had Hangeng with his side, he approached Sooyoung. Sooyoung saw him moved in her peripheral vision. She advanced towards Kyuhyun with a fierce face.

"I don't know who you are, nor your relationship with Minnie oppa, but I despise you right now. You just harmed the most precious person I've ever known." With those words, she left with her brother.

Kyuhyun was shocked. She was not the Sooyoung he knew. Like Minsung, she also changed. The Sooyoung he loved disliked the princess and never spoken any kind words about her.

However, those harsh words did not deterred him a bit. Rather, he admired how caring she was with Sungmin. If he could only make her care for him too, but that was not what's important right now.

He slowly stepped back, then ran towards Hangeng's room. He rushed to see Sungmin and checked how he was doing. He excitedly dashed through the hallway to meet his friend and express his thrill upon seeing Sooyoung. When he opened the door though, Hangeng raised his voice at him.

"Get out!" Hangeng said. "Sungmin doesn't need someone ungrateful like you. Leave before I resolve to violence."

"I just wanted to check on Sungmin." Kyuhyun explained.

"Leave." Hangeng sternly said.

"Hannie... Geng, what's wrong?" Heechul asked as he heard the yell.

"This person here made Sungmin cry."

"Hangeng hyung." Sungmin whined from the shady part of the bed.

"Cry?" Heechul and Kyuhyun repeated. Heechul faced Kyuhyun and glared at him.

"Why would you do that?" Heechul asked.

"I didn't do anything." Kyuhyun defended.

"Didn't do anything?" Hangeng scoffed. "The girl, who just left, told me you pushed him. After all he had done to you?"

"Hyung please," Sungmin pleaded Hangeng to stop again. This time, Hangeng heaved a sigh and returned inside the room.

"Get him far from here Heechul. I don't know what I would do if I keep seeing his face." Hangeng said before closing the bedroom door.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." Heechul threatened Kyuhyun.

"I didn't do anything." Kyuhyun insisted as he looked longingly at the door, or rather, the person on the other side of it.

 

"He didn't do anything." Sungmin whispered when the door closed.

"But the girl said-"

"Sooyoung didn't see everything. Kyuhyun did not intend to push me. It was just an accident."

"You had panic attack Sungmin. Don't tell me it's just nothing."

"She was the maiden in the legend. Sooyoung was Kyuhyun's true love." Sungmin give in.

Hangeng was astounded. He was not able to form any proper response, so he just moved towards Sungmin, who was lying on the bed while facing the wall. Hangeng sat on the bed and remained silent.

"How are you feeling?" He carefully asked.

"I'm mad. Mad at myself for falling for him," Sungmin admitted. "I knew from the start that he loves someone else, but I still nurtured this unhealthy feelings for him. I hate myself hyung." Sungmin sobbed once more.

"Shh. There's nothing wrong with falling in love," Hangeng consoled. "So it is true that you were the former princess." He stated.

"How did you know?"

"Heechul told me," he chuckled. "All this time, I thought I know you enough."

"You're not alone. I just also knew it recently." Sungmin said with a sniff.

"You had it pretty rough, huh?" Hangeng looked at Sungmin who just nodded his head. "Sungmin," he called. Sungmin turned around and faced Hangeng. "do you want me to sing you a lullaby?" Sungmin smiled and scooted closer to Hangeng. He placed his head on Hangeng's lap and closed his eyes as Hangeng comforted him.

 

 

 

a/n: After updating for four straight days with three of them exceeding 3000 words, I hope all of you could understand that this 1200+ word update is all I could give you.

 

You want more chapters? Let's keep the updates like this again.