Seventeen

A Royal Curse

After successfully kicking Sungmin out of the storage room, Heechul can't help himself but worry about the person he was helping. Minsung, or rather Sungmin doesn't need to go through all of this difficulties just to be with the person he loves. No, Sungmin doesn't deserve to live like this. He had enough sufferings in the past, and now, he had to live that dreadful experience once again.

To be honest, he did not know that his actions would result to this chaos. Cursing Kyuhyun and the servant seemed to be the only choice he had. What did he even know about powers and responsibilities? He was just an ordinary person possessing the most beautiful face in all the earth, that he could even put Aphrodite or Venus to shame. However, the curse casted upon him changed his life from then on.

"Why did I got cursed again?" he mumbled to himself. "Oh yeah, I remember. Tch! It was not my fault that I was born attractive."

To compensate for all the troubles he caused, Heechul was determined to help Sungmin win Kyuhyun's heart. Those tips came from the internet anyway. What could go wrong? In fact, he doesn't have a single idea how to seduce a person. He was a walking tease before, so he did not need to entice anyone. He even tested it to Hangeng, but it looked like Hangeng did not like it a single bit. He just hope that it would work on Kyuhyun.

Heechul sighed. When would he be able to find the right person for him? Looking back, no one in the past was able to capture his heart. Though the China man was the closest person he could identify as his crush, he cannot pursue his own interest when he still have a mistake to correct. Besides, he has to go back to his own time when all of this is done. They don't belong to the present era. It was the reason why they were all separated to their parents, excluding Sungmin, whose father is still holding on to his life.

His romantic life was not what was important right now. If he could help Sungmin by relieving him some of his responsibility, so be it. He would translate these scrolls if it's what it takes to pay for his debt since he does not want to use his powers anymore. It was never useful from the start. Because of his impulsiveness, he cursed Kyuhyun, which made Princess Minsung's life miserable. Secondly, the time spell turned the princess into a man. Siwon was also able to follow them. He was afraid of the outcome if he tried to use once more. He just hope Sungmin would be able to break the curse by himself.

 

Heechul decided to take a break from translating, so he went out of the room. He tried to look for Hangeng, but the guard was nowhere to be found. Not that he has an important business with him. He just kind of miss the man's company.

While searching, he spotted Kyuhyun and Sungmin inside the library. Hangeng was following them, carrying bags of food.

"What's with all the food?" Heechul asked.

"Kyuhyun got hungry, so we stopped by a convenience store. He wanted to try all of these, so I bought it all for him." Sungmin explained.

They walked ahead to put the food inside the pantry and refrigerator in the lounge, leaving Heechul behind. The scarred man stood on his spot while having a deep thought.

'That's weird. I don't think he's supposed to feel hungry. The curse is still in his body, so he's basically still a statue. He could eat, but he won't go hungry. Am I wrong, or could it be-' A small smile decorated Heechul's face. Could it be that his task would be over soon? He chased after the men and found them almost done putting the snacks in place. He did not interrogated Sungmin on the spot. He decided to speak to him alone, where he would be more comfortable.

Although he was all giddy inside, he prevented himself from showing any sign of excitement. He waited patiently for Sungmin in their room. When Sungmin got inside the room, he was already wearing pyjamas. Heechul smiled innocently and offered his bed to Sungmin.

"No I'm fine. I'll just sleep on the trundle." Sungmin rejected.

"I'll trade." Heechul eagerly suggested. Sungmin smelled something fishy going on.

"What's the catch?"

"Tell me what happened between the two of you, and I'll give up my spot."

Sungmin thought for a while, trying to consider the bid. He weighted the pros and cons of telling Heechul the details, but then he remembered that Heechul was still keeping significant facts about himself. He just pulled out the bed and slept without replying a single syllable.

Heechul felt left out, yet he didn't press Sungmin further. The small smile plastered on Sungmin's face was enough assurance that tonight was a success. He felt proud and happy for the former princess. He was about to leave Hangeng's room when he remembered the man who originally occupies the room. He felt a tinge of pain in his heart. He decided to stay in the room, thinking that it may be the last time he'll be there.

 

Back in the lounge, Kyuhyun was struggling to stay awake.

"Are you fine? You look so exhausted." Hangeng looked at his wristwatch and added, "There's still much time before you froze back. You could take a little nap inside the room if you want to."

Kyuhyun never had the need to sleep or even take a nap before. True, he does feel heavy and tired sometimes, but he could easily energized after sitting or resting for a while. This changes on his body started when he slept with Sungmin, but what does it mean? Instead of fixing his attention on that issue, he shook his head and declined Hangeng's suggestion.

"Thank you, but I'll just look around this place instead."

Kyuhyun stood up and started walking. His feet directed him where he saw Sungmin buried in a book before; it was also where he saw the book about gardening. He picked up the forgotten book on the floor and looked at the cover. He sat exactly where Sungmin was sitting and started reading the book. Although he had a hard time defining some of the terms, he concluded that the book was a beginner's guide to planting. He was pleased that Sungmin was taking interest in things that are important to him. He continued reading, improving his skill when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He was so engrossed with the book that he did not realized the time. He turned his head to look at the person behind him. The smile on his face disappeared after seeing Hangeng; he felt disappointed that it was not Sungmin who was looking for him.

"It's time to go back in the lobby." Hangeng reminded, and Kyuhyun simply nodded.

Kyuhyun voluntarily stood on the pedestal and looked outside the glass window as Hangeng left him. He was sure that any minute now, the curse would slowly turn his body stiff as stone, but it didn't happened. He looked at the sky's magnificent display of colors. He just witnessed his first sunrise since the day he was able to move again. He has this overwhelming happiness in his heart because it's been a long time since he's been out in the sun. He wanted to go out and experience the sun on his skin like he always did when he was planting. He took a step, but his feet were already starting to harden. That's when realization hit him. His sudden hunger and the need to sleep were signs that he's slowly turning back into a human.