Twelve

A Royal Curse

"I tried reaching you since yesterday, so we could discuss about the project, but I still haven't receive any reply." Siwon scratched his nape as he explained further. "I looked for you in your house, and told me that you're probably in the library that's why I'm here."

Sungmin felt bad for ignoring the man who was just doing his job. He invited him in and they went to the lounge to discuss the project. Siwon was just briefing Sungmin as per Sungmin's father instruction. He was also showing Sungmin documents that he needed to review and sign.

"These are the papers you need to sign in front of a legal representative. I could schedule you when you're free. Just tell me when you are available." Siwon said.

"I think I could manage these alone. Thank you for your help so far." Sungmin replied, too exhausted from too much obligation. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he added, "I'll just contact you when I'm done with all of these."

Siwon reached for Sungmin's free hand, which made Sungmin draw back a little, but Siwon held tight.

"I told you I'll help you with this project throughout the process. You don't have to carry the burden alone. Please, let me help you." Siwon sincerely requested.

Sungmin sighed and gave up. He would only feel more consumed if he keep on turning down the man in front of him. He slowly nodded and smiled tiredly.

"I understand. Thank you very much."

Siwon could not be more happier with Sungmin's response. However, the bright smile on Siwon's face faltered when he saw Heechul. Sungmin noticed the sudden change and turned around to see what shifted Siwon's mood. Sungmin could see Heechul glaring at Siwon. He then remembered their connected hands, so immediately yanked his hand away from Siwon's strong grip.

"Hangeng needed help constructing the bed. It's too complicated for me, so I thought I'll ask you instead." Heechul did not break his contact with the man he's glaring at. "You're already done right?"

Sungmin stood up as well as Siwon. Sungmin gathered the documents in a haste and messy manner. He was a little bit thankful for Heechul for saving him, but at the same time, he's too scared to talk to him right now. He never saw Heechul that angry before. Even at that time when he said that he hated Princess Minsung.

"I'll take my leave now. I'll just contact you when I'm done." Sungmin said as he bid good bye.

He hesitantly left, and when he was far enough, he looked back and saw the two man talking. More like Heechul shooting Siwon down with words. He wondered how they knew each other. He didn't let that thought linger to his mind though. He looked at the papers in his arms and decided to put it in the storage room first. He'll deal with it later. Hangeng needed help with the bed, and he needed distraction. When he got back in Hangeng's room, he saw the man diligently constructing the frame of the bed, which was almost half-way done.

"Heechul said you needed help. Looks like I'm not needed anymore." Sungmin said to get his friend's attention.

Hangeng turned to him and showed an exaggerated relief.

"Don't leave. This is harder than I thought." Hangeng pleaded as he wipe of the sweat on his head.

"Well who do we blame then?"

"Please don't remind me again. Heechul said it just before he left. Where is he anyway?" Sungmin just shrugged, but deep inside he's curious about what they were talking about.

 

"Somehow I knew that you were able to follow before the time wrap spell ended. I tried to look for you, but you ended up finding me." Heechul said.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what you are talking about." Siwon bluffed. He gathered the rest of his things and was about to leave when Heechul spoke.

"Oh you know well what I'm talking about Prince Siwon. Unless you forgot the past too like Sungmin." Siwon halted his steps. Heechul smirked and continued. "Or should I say Princess Minsung? You're pretty obvious, you know?" He added to provoke the other man.

Siwon spun and faced Heechul. He looked around and saw that no one was around. He then dropped his bag and grabbed Heechul's collar.

"You are not going to steal her or him away from me again." He said in a dangerous tone.

"She was never yours from the start." Heechul bravely added.

"No matter what you  do, she would never fall for you."

"And you know that that fact also applies to you."

Siwon growled, but decided against hurting Heechul. He just harshly released the man. Heechul knew that the young benevolent prince would not hurt even insects.

"Bring her back and her memories, and she'll remember our love for each other." Siwon said hopelessly.

"I'm sorry. No matter how hard I want him to remember everything, I can't just use my power like that. You, on the other hand, should return back to our time."

"I'm not going anywhere without her." Siwon said persistently.

"I knew you're going to say that, but if you really love Princess Minsung, you're going to accept the fact that she's a man now." Heechul took his leave and stopped to add, "I'm trying to save you from further heartache, but I'll give you a chance for a fair play."

"I won't give her up. I'm going back with Minsung or Sungmin. I'll make him fall for me, even if I have to start from nothing."

 

Siwon left as soon as Heechul was gone. Heechul went back to Hangeng's room and saw the two man placing the mattresses on the finished bed.

"Ahh! This looks comfortable. I'll take this one." Heechul immediately took the middle part of the bunk bed.

"I was supposed to sleep there." Sungmin complained.

"Too bad. I got here first." Heechul said with his eyes closed.

Talking with the prince drained his energy. The whole situation was just too complicated for everyone, but he can't just give up with Sungmin and Kyuhyun. He sat up when he felt a pillow thrown on him. He took the pillow and placed it under his head. He closed his eyes again and he immediately drifted to sleep.

Sungmin pouted at his loss. "That's the most comfortable part." He said.

Hangeng just threw his things on the upper part of the bed. "I'll take this, you use the trundle. I know how you two hate doing some work before sleeping."

"I'm the one who bought this! I should be the one choosing where to sleep first." Sungmin grumbled. The two guys just shushed him.

Sungmin begrudgingly left the room and headed to translate instead. When he saw the documents he needed to review, he sighed. He didn't want to do it yet, so he set it aside properly and started with the translation. With his cluttered brain, he was only able to translate certain words, but not the whole thought of the scroll. He paused and gave up. He won't be able to progress with his state right now.

He returned to their now shared room and decided to clean his laundry. He was emptying the pockets of his clothes when he saw his sketch of Sooyoung. It was ruined a little bit since it was folded and forced in his pants.

He abandoned his laundry and headed to the lobby. It was closing time and the only people left inside were the staffs. He stared at Kyuhyun and thought how he can make the man fall for him. Nothing came to his head except making Kyuhyun happy. However, the only way he knew to make this man contented, is either Sooyoung or gardening. He looked back at the sketch on his hand surprised to see himself unconsciously crumpling it. He tried straightening it, but it was no use. He looked back at Kyuhyun and felt scared. What if Kyuhyun saw that he crumpled Sooyoung's face? He'll probably get mad. Sungmin remembered Kyuhyun's glare in Minsung's memory and felt chills. He then hurriedly opened one of the computers.

When Heechul woke up, he saw Hangeng preparing for his nightly duty. He yawned and asked for Sungmin's whereabouts.

"I'm not really sure. I haven't been out yet. He's either in the lobby or translating. Wanna find him?"

They walked to the storage room, but saw no one. On the way to the lobby, they saw Sungmin working on one of the computers.

"I'll leave you two. I have to check the whole library." Hangeng said

"Okay." Heechul replied.

Heechul approached Sungmin and saw Sooyoung's face on the screen. He felt nervous, yet his blood boiled. There's no way that this servant would have any photo available anywhere. He hurriedly went to inspect closely.

"What are you doing?" He inquired.

Sungmin was shocked by Hechul's sudden appearance. He was trying his best to duplicate Sooyoung's picture digitally and tried to make it more realistic. Then maybe Kyuhyun would approve his work this time. Maybe, just maybe, he'll make him more happy.

"I ruined the sketch I drew. If Kyuhyun found out, he'll probably get mad at me."

"I told you she's not the answer to Kyuhyun's curse."

"How did you know that she's Sooyoung?" Sungmin likes Heechul, but sometimes he felt like he's hiding a lot of things.

"It's obvious, simple logic. Besides, It doesn't matter. What matter right now is how to make Kyuhyun fall for you."

"That's what I'm trying to do. If I make him happy, then probably he'll eventually fall for me."

"That's your plan?" Heechul wanted to face palm. "We're not living in the past anymore. The answer is just in front of you."

Sungmin looked in front of him and felt confused.

"You mean the answer is Sooyoung?"

Heechul wanted to do double face palm. He took the mouse from Sungmin and navigated through the screen.

"Sungmin, let me introduce to you the divine Google."

They searched for ways to make someone fall for another person. Heechul find all the tips futile or worthless while Sungmin find some of those suggestions manipulating. They were looking for hours now, and Heechul was only able to find a handful of idea.

"What are you doing?" An additional voice asked. Kyuhyun was curious at what they were doing at the flat light-emitting thing.

"Nothing!" Heechul quickly said. He also closed the window in impulse. Can he just smack his head on the wall?

Kyuhyun saw Sooyoung's face on the screen of the computer. His eyes grew.

"What is she doing in there?" He asked while pointing at Sooyoung.

Both Sungmin and Heechul looked at the screen. Sungmin was about to explain, when Heechul beat him to it.

"Sungmin is making an announcement to be posted around the city. It'll make your search for her much easier."

Heechul nudged and urged Sungmin to make him start working with the "missing person post." Sungmin started editing while Kyuhyun was watching intently. Sungmin started asking personal information of the servant and Kyuhyun eagerly answered them. Heechul on the other hand, quietly reminding Sungmin not to put too much effort on it.

When they were done, Sungmin printed some copies. Kyuhyun took one and examined it. He felt happy that Sungmin was still willing to help him despite physically hurting him.

"Thank you." He uttered with the same sincerity he had when they were sitting by the Han river. "Are we going to hand this to people?" Kyuhyun asked, which made Sungmin feel guilty.

Heechul grabbed the rest of the copies. "I'll post this around while the two of you stay here."

"Is it not much quicker if we unite together? We could traverse more land and see more crowd."

Heechul just shook his head. He was running out of excuse and didn't know what to say for the first time. Sungmin was fast in helping him.

"You still need to learn how to read and write. We can go out again once you show enough improvements."

Heechul was able to breathe normally after hearing Sungmin's words. He left the library and just walked around, not after disposing Sooyoung's advertisements. He hope that Sungmin would somehow be able to affect Kyuhyun in a positive way even if he's not around.

 

 

 

a/n: For those who asked for Heechul's background, is this enough clue? I think I shared too much. XD

PS: This is the part I'm having trouble with, the Kyumin part ○~○

I could do it! (ง •̀_•́)ง