Thirty-Six

A Royal Curse

Sungmin closed his eyes. Even if his heart was stopping him, he was determined to give Siwon a chance. It was the most considerate thing Sungmin can think of to reward Siwon's loyalty and love for him from the start.

Siwon was always ready to help. He always tried to make Sungmin happy. He always loved Sungmin, and Sungmin appreciates all of it. He imagined his life with Siwon and Sooyoung in his side. He is smiling, laughing... doing things he had always wanted to do.

A harsh wind blew, and he opened his eyes. He would never be truly happy if Kyuhyun is not in the picture.

He looked up and saw Siwon's face near his. The man was hurt enough. He didn't want to hurt him anymore, especially since he knew how painful it is to love, but not  be loved in return. He closed his eyes once again and waited for Siwon. With his eyes closed, he failed to see the lightning that illuminated the dark sky; he was not able to see the raging storm that was approaching them.

 

Siwon didn't hurry. He was still flabbergasted by the fact that Sungmin agreed to be with him. Finally! After all these time, his hard work was paying off. However, with his eyes closed, he sensed the change in the sky. The lightning startled him, so he looked around. He saw Kyuhyun staring at them with dark eyes.

 

The thunder roared. Sungmin opened his eyes and saw the event unfolding in front of him. The still panting Kyuhyun harshly grabbed Siwon. And when another lightning struck, he blew a heavy punch on the other man.

"What are you doing?" Sungmin shouted. Another thunder followed. He helped Siwon got up but did not let go. He glared at Kyuhyun and walked away. They took the steps to reach Sungmin's door while Kyuhyun stayed behind.

Anger was blazing in Kyuhyun's eyes, but his voice exposed how hurt he was. "You said you love me!" The two halted their steps and looked back. "You made me wait for five days, and I did. You said you never lied..." Kyuhyun clenched his fists. His emotions were getting the best of him, but he tried to control it. "You never did, but just now..."

"That's it?" Sungmin asked, appalled by Kyuhyun's reason. "You stopped me because of your selfishness?"

Kyuhyun shook his head. He was unable to form a response. This scene looked familiar, and he didn't like where it was heading.

"You don't want me to be with you. You don't want me to be with someone else. How miserable do I have to be before you are happy?"1

Kyuhyun's tears flowed as well as the sky. His mind brought him back from the past. He was there, looking at Princess Minsung as the rain poured. He was there, but the situation was different. He was holding Sooyoung in his arms under the protection of the pavilion. Now, Sungmin was hugging Siwon while the rain soaked and wind pierced his heart

"But Sungmin... I -"

"Stop it Kyuhyun!" Sungmin cut. He didn't want to hear Kyuhyun. He cannot even look at him any longer. "I don't care what happens to you anymore." Lightning. "I do not want to see your face. It irritates me." Sungmin words hurt Kyuhyun, but every word Sungmin spoke, slashed his own heart as well. "I just hate you right now." Another loud thunder blared, emphasizing his words.

Sungmin could not take it anymore. He went inside with Siwon and left Kyuhyun alone. He wanted to leave, but Siwon looked back. He saw Kyuhyun kneeled on the wet ground with his head down. His hand gripped his outer cloth, ripping it apart.

 

"I was too late." Kyuhyun looked at the closed door and wept more. He was hurt not because Sungmin hated him, but because he hated him first. These would not happen if he let Princess Minsung express herself, if he did not rejected Sungmin's love at the first place. "He's happy right now. He doesn't need me anymore." Kyuhyun then started beating his chest. "I'm not surprised that he hates me... but it still hurts too much." He stayed there under the rain, but he heard someone called his name.

 

Sungmin was silent as they entered the house. He ignored the greetings of the house helpers as he guided Siwon in his room. He let Siwon sat on the couch and got his first aid kit. He remembered himself doing the same thing he did for Kyuhyun, but he shut his mind. He is with Siwon right now, and he would only think about Siwon right now.

Sungmin cleaned the bruise and treated it the best that he could. Throughout the process, no one spoke a word. Sungmin was busying himself as not to think about Kyuhyun, while Siwon observed silently. When Sungmin was about to put a band aid, Siwon sighed and spoke.

"He cried when you left him." Silence. "He also ripped his garment."

Sungmin stopped and lowered his hand. With a constrained voice, he said, "I don't understand you."

"You may have forgotten the past, but you studied history." Siwon said, almost reprimanding. "Ripping garment is a sign of great grief."

Sungmin was not able to hold it any longer. He looked at Siwon. Siwon looked at his eyes and understood immediately what Sungmin was feeling. Despite everything, Siwon still smiled.

With Siwon's smile, Sungmin started crying. He felt so despicable. The person who loved him the most was in front of him, but his heart was still beating for another one. This time, it was Siwon who dried his tears.

"You know it is not yet midnight, but he is a human right now. I think he loves you Sungmin," Siwon held his face and looked at his eyes one more time. "and I also see that you still love him too. I never had your heart from the start, and I would never will." He kissed Sungmin's forehead and stood up. "I'll let you go now."

"Siwon..."

"Don't feel bad. I did not regret loving you. I am happy that I did."

 

 

 

 

1Millhouse's line in The Simpsons.

a/n:

One or two more sad scenes...

Is this sad though?  ( •᷄ὤ•᷅)?(I just can't make any of you cry. I want to [sometimes], but I don't know how)

Oh well... (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖

I might still be busy by Friday (finishing Lab assignments and cleaning the house), and my weekend is packed too. щ(ºДºщ)

Here's a short update for now.

Next one is for Heechul biased or for Hanchul shippers! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧