Belong to Someone Else

Marriage Contract With The Walking

Sooyun saw Alec sitting on the stairs infront of her house. His clothes and face was dirty. Sooyun glanced at the destroyed bouquet that he was holding, she couldn't help but to feel bad. She sighed and sat down beside him.
''We can live here for a while. There is a little hole in the roof but I can fix it.'' Alec looked at sooyun. ''We can buy new stuffs and then later, we can move into a more better place, huh?''
''I'm still in love with Junhyung...'' Sooyun looked down.
''You know the fat ahjumma's house beside the market? The most beautiful house in this district, we can rent it.'' He flashed a smile.

''But I'll get rid of it.'' Sooyun turned to Alec. ''I know that it'll end sometime. And when I marry you-''
''I know that you'll make the house beautiful. It's on the second floor but it's okay, I won't let you carry heavy things.''
''It won't be easy of course.'' Sooyun softly said. ''Especially when I see you just as a friend.''
''I can make delicious food for you. I'll never make you tired.''
''Alec...'' Sooyun sighed. ''Do you hear what I'm saying?''
Alec stared into her eyes for a second. ''What are you talking about Sooyun? I don't care anymore...and I don't want to hear his name ever again. I don't know if you know it but...'' He handed her the dirty roses. ''...you gave me the whole world by accepting me, Sooyun. So, I don't care anymore...''

 


Junhyung was wandering on the park when he saw the ajhussi that he used to talk about his problems with. Junhyung smiled a little and went to him.
''Ajhussi, I haven't seen you for awhile.'' He hugged him.
''Oh, welcome son!'' The old man hugged him back and smiled. ''You look good!'' He patted his back.
''I knew that I could find you here.''
The ajhusshi looked at Junhyung. ''It seems like you've a problem again, huh?''
Junhyung lowered his head. ''Yes...'' He then looked up at him. ''It's over...''
''Hmm...let's sit down.'' The ajhussi and Junhyung went to a bench. It was dark and cold, no one was passing by the park, so it was calmly.
''Now, open your ears my son.'' The ajhussi pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and stuck one between his lips. He lit the cigarette, inhaled deeply and blew it to the black sky.
''It was 13 or 14 years ago. I was a trucker back then and used to transport stuffs to other countries. I had a girl that I loved in our village. We were planning to get engage. One day, I had to go to Russia to transport......she said don't go.'' He took another drag of his cigarette. ''I didn't listen.....I went.'' His eyes looked far away. ''It started to snow terribly that the truck couldn't move anymore. I couldn't return to my village for three months due to the harsh weather. It was spring when I came back to the village, I run all the way home...breathing so hard. I saw that there was a wedding.......'' He stopped talking and a tear fell from his eye. ''..........her wedding.''
Junhyung lowered his head in sadness.
''I just fell on my knees.'' The ajhussi whispered. ''I don't know how many times the sun rose and set above me........I don't know.......I just stood like that.'' He wiped the tears away. ''And then I told myself that it was over.'' He looked at Junhyung. ''Just like you...'' The ajhussi lowered his head. ''I should've listened to her......she wasn't going to marry if I didn't go...I made a little mistake.....and it gave me huge consequences.'' He inhaled the cigarette and blew. ''Now, you're suffering like me. The important thing is to face it, to accept it.''
Junhyung slowly shook his head. ''I can't....how can I live when I'm going to suffer every single day?''
The ajhusshi wiped away his tears again. ''You've to. You've to say that it's a new day tomorrow and try to forget. The time will heal your wounds, don't worry....'' The ajhussi tapped Junhyung's shoulder and walked away.

Junhyung started to cry. His phone started to ring and it was Hyorin.
''Hello? Junhyung? Where are you? I haven't heard from you for awhile, are you ok?''
''I'm perfectly fine....I'm good....'' Junhyung's tears started to flow from his eyes.
''Where are you now? I want to see you.''
''Well, guess where I am?'' Junhyung tried to smirk and wiped the tears harshly away.
''Junhyung, you're not ok. I'll come and t-''
Junhyung hang up on her and threw the cellphone away. ''Don't disturb...it's closed tonight due to a funeral..........we're burying Junhyung...don't disturb...'' He whispered to himself and kept crying hard.


 


''Hi, Ara. How are you?'' Sooyun asked and went to the window where she was standing.
''Ara.'' Sooyun touched her arm when she didn't respond.
''Oh, hi. Welcome'' Ara hugged her.
''How are you?''
''I'm good.'' Ara looked through the window again. They became quiet for a second.

''Where are those people going, Sooyun?'' Ara suddenly asked. ''I see them running morning and evening. What're they actually searching for but can never find?''
Sooyun smiled. ''Peace...I think.''
''Peace...'' Ara watched the people outside the road. ''...is it a hard thing to find?''
''Actually, it is.''
Ara turned to Sooyun and smiled. ''Do you know the place of the peace?''
''Unfortunately, no. I haven't found peace in Seoul yet.''
''Hey...'' Ara smiled again. Sooyun looked at her. ''I sometimes.....find the peace. It's even in Seoul''
''Really?'' Sooyun smiled too. ''Where?''
''Can't you see it?'' Ara asked. ''I find peace when I'm with you.''
Tears started to well in Sooyun's eyes. She hugged Ara tight and closed her eyes. ''I find the peace when I'm with you too.''
''Don't ever let me go alright?'' Ara pulled back and looked at Sooyun.
''I won't.'' She wiped away the tears with the back of her hand. ''But on one condition.'' She tried to smile. ''You've to be my bridesmaid''
''Me?'' Ara pointed at herself surprised.
''Yes, you.''
''Hmmmm....let me think about it.'' Ara faked to consider about it.
''Wow, hard to get huh?'' Sooyun teased.
''Alright, alright. I accept it.'' Ara let out a soft chuckle. Sooyun smiled but she knew that it was hurting like hell inside her.


 


''Junhyung....''
Junhyung wiped away the tears to see who it was, althought he recognized by the person's voice.
''I'm flying to Austria tomorrow.'' Hyorin looked at his red swollen eyes. ''I just wanted to see you for the last time.''
''When is the flight?''
''Why? Are you going to give me a ride to the airport?''
''No...'' He stared into her eyes. ''I'm going to come with you.''
''Junhyung...'' Hyorin looked at him surprised. ''Are you serious?'' She couldn't hide her smile.

 

 

 

 

''Oh welcome, Alec. Come in.'' Sooyun's mother let him step into the house. Alec shyly went in. He was dressed in a cheap suit which he had borrowed from his friend. He and Sooyun was going to marry today. Sooyun had talked with her family about it and they didn't oppose it because they all knew how Alec was. He a was trusthworty and strong boy that could take good care of Sooyun, beside he was just like a son to their family. Sooyun's father was more than happy when he heard the news. Alec was way too better choice than Junhyung, so he gladly approved it.

Alec's eyebrows furrowed when he couldn't see Sooyun in the livingroom with her family. ''Where is S-''

Sooyun went out of her room with a simple but a beautiful dress. Her hair was tied up and she had a light make up on her face. Althought she looked way too simple to be a bride, her beauty made the whole room shine. Alec couldn't take his eyes off from her. He always knew that she was beautiful, and he always knew that she was the prettiest girl he had ever seen in his life but his body just froze when he saw her. It was like it was his first time to see her.

''Sooyun...'' He whispered and stared into her clear eyes. Sooyun looked away from him and met eyes with her mother instead.

''Oh my, you look so beautiful, Sooyun!'' Her mother praised. Instead of a wedding dress, Sooyun wanted to wear a white simple summer dress. She promised herself that she would never ever wear a wedding dress anymore. It just gave her bad memories.

''I'm ready...'' Sooyun's face was serious, she couldn't even fake a smile anymore.

''Alright then! Let's go and finish this thing.'' Sooyun's father got up from the couch. Alec nodded and couldn't hide the smile on his face. He tried his best to not show his nervousness but it was very hard for him

 

 

 

 

Junhyung shut the boot of the car when he finally put his last luggage in it. He turned to his family who was looking at him with sad eyes.

''Take care of yourselves.'' He said.

''Junhyung...'' Mrs.Yong's voice trailed off. ''Let me hug you for the last time.'' She wiped the tears away as she hugged him tightly. ''Don't stay too long, ok?'' She sobbed.

''I'll try, mom...'' He kissed her cheek. Mrs.Yong his cheek and nodded. Junhyung waved his hand to Rina and his father before he went in to the car.

 

''So, you're going huh?'' Kikwang sighed. He was the one who was driving him to the airport.

''I'm going...''

''So you're just going and leaving everything here?''

''Kikwang.'' Junhyung warned. ''Don't make it harder.''

''I'm okay with it but....''

''Yeah...?'' Junhyung looked at him. Kikwang shook his head and looked on his way. ''Nothing........nothing.''

Junhyung stared at him for a second and then looked out of the window.

''So, you're feeling good?'' Kikwang asked after a while.

Junhyung closed his eyes and took a deep breath. ''Yes...I am.'' He could hear the lie in his voice and he knew that Kikwang heard it too, but yet he didn't say anything.

''You're not going to look back?''

''I won't.'' Junhyung promised himself.

''So, you're not going to say 'I should've done this'?''

''What more can I do, Kikwang?'' Junhyung turned to him. ''I've done everything! But she don't want me anymore! She just don't!..........She.....hates me.'' He whispered the last part.

''You're right...you've done everything'' Kikwang then glanced at his wristwatch. ''Sooyun's wedding is in about 20 minutes....''

''It is?'' Junhyung raised a brow at him. ''That's great......''

''I mean.....if we zoom away from here right now.....we can....you know.....make it to the wedding.''

''And why would we do that, huh?'' Junhyung gave him a bitter smile. ''To wish them happiness?''

''No...it's just....I don't know....'' Kikwang shrugged. ''You would maybe think about it in Austria. You would maybe thing '! I should've tried my last chance!'.....you know that feeling right?.......I'm just saying.''

Junhyung closed his eyes and took deep breaths.

''Well, just forget it then...'' Kikwang mumbled.

''What's going to change if I go anyway!?'' Junhyung raised his voice a little. Kikwang smiled a little, knowing that Junhyung was starting to consider about it.

''If she can say 'yes' when she's looking straight into your eyes, then you can go wherever you want to then, Junhyung. Without any regrets.''

Junhyung bit his lip and his hands started to sweat. ''Actually.....you're right...''

Kikwang saw a roundabout and then glanced at Junhyung. ''Your last chance, Junhyung.'' The roundabout was getting closer and closer, if he wouldn't turn from there, then it would be too late to make it to the wedding.

''50 meters left.....'' Kikwang warned. ''30....15....5-''

''TURN!!''

Kikwang smiled and swiftly turned back from the roundabout. ''That's it!! That's my bro, man!!! That's my bro!!!''

Junhyung glanced at his own wristwatch worriedly and looked at Kikwang. ''Do you think we'll make it???''

''Don't worry, I know a shortcut'' Kikwang smiled evilly and pushed the pedal harder and drove in a fast speed.

 

 

 

 

 

''Sooyun...'' Alec smiled at her. ''My dreams will come true in just about 10 minutes.''

''You're making a big mistake and there's still 10 minutes left to change it. You can still back away, Alec. You're just going to regret it in the future.'' Sooyun looked at him seriously. ''Are you sure? Do you really want this?''

''I was always sure and I'm sure now too. So don't ask anymore. I'll never ever regret this in my entire life, Sooyun. This is what I always wanted. This was my dream...and now it's finally becoming true.''

 

 

 

 

*Where are you, Junhyung? Where are you....?* Hyorin sighed and looked at her watch. She was waiting him in the airport.

 

 

 

 

 

''COME ON!!! COME ON!!!'' Kikwang furiously hit the car horn. There was traffic on the way and he couldn't move anywhere!

''! ! !'' Junhyung shouted. He quickly glanced at the time and dried the sweat on his forehead. ''15 minutes left....'' He whispered to himself. He then suddenly turned to Kikwang.

''Kikwang, take good care of yourself, bro.''

Kikwang nodded and hugged him. He knew what he meant and it was the best thing to do right now. ''You too, my bro. Now, go and take her away from him!! GO! GO! GO!''

Junhyung nodded and quickly went out of the car. He started to run and run, ignoring all the noises and warnings he got from the people on the traffic. His head was just looking straight away and running like he had never ran before.

 

 

 

 

Sooyun glanced back one last time before she went in to the register office. She didn't know why she turned her head.....was she waiting for him? Alec furrowed his brows and looked back too. He felt the familiar pain again in his chest, because he knew very well what she was thinking of, or more like who. Ignoring the pain, he turned to her and tried hard to smile.

''Let's go, Sooyun.''

Sooyun nodded and followed him to the table, where they were going to sit and sign.

 

 

 

 

 

''Come on, Junhyung. Come'on....'' Hyorin whispered to herself. She glanced at her wrist watch again and sighed. He's going to miss the flight if he doesnt come any time soon.

 

 

 

 

 

''Do you, Hwang Alec, take Song Sooyun as your wife?'' The officiant asked.

''Yes, yes I do.'' Alec said without any hesitation and smiled wide. His heart pounded so hard. He was so happy and nervous at the same time.

''Do you, Song Sooyun, take Hwang Alec as your husband?'' When Sooyun was about to answer, her eyes met Junhyung's. Her whole body froze.

.........he came.

Junhyung was staring at Sooyun from the doorway. He didn't do or said anything. Just stared into her eyes. Was she really going to say yes, while looking straight into his eyes? Is she brave enough to do that?

*Don't.....I beg you.....don't do it*

Junhyung's eyes spoke instead. His sad eyes was gazing Sooyun. Sooyun couldn't look away from him and tears started to well up in her eyes. Alec turned from Sooyun and looked ahead and saw Junhyung. His jaw and fists automatically clenched when he saw him.

''Miss Sooyun?.........Miss Sooyun?'' The officiant called her but his voice seemed to be coming from far, far away.

*Don't......don't say it, Sooyun.*

Junhyung's tears started falling from his eyes. *Don't....*

''I.....'' Sooyun spoke. ''.....I.........'' She stared at him as she cried in silence. Alec looked at Junhyung and then back at Sooyun again.

*Sooyun.......please-*

''Yes.....I do...''

Junhyung closed his eyes and felt the pain explode in his chest. The tears streamed down his face and without looking at her again, he slowly walked away from there. No words needed to be said anymore. It was over and now......she belonged to someone else.

To another man.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyorin gave up and walked to check in. Junhyung didn't come, and if she waited for him anylonger, she would miss the flight. She took her luggage and started to walk.

''Hyorin!''

Hyorin turned her head and saw Junhyung.

''Oh god! You came!'' She ran to him and hugged his neck. Junhyung didn't say anything. He felt the tears in his eyes again and he quickly wiped it away. He wasn't going to cry anymore....not anymore.

''Let's leave this place....'' Junhyung took her luggage and her hand. Hyorin smiled while they walked hand in hand. She couldn't even remember the last time he held her like this. His touch and warmth.....she just missed everything. A wide smile formed on her lips as she thought of the future.

A new chapter was going to start in their lives now.

 

 

 

(It's Not the End!!)