Signature

Marriage Contract With The Walking

 ''Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!''

''Jeezz! I'm coming!!'' Kikwan fursiously walked to his door.

''Ding Dong! Ding Dong!''

''ing bastard!! I'm COMING!!!'' Kikwang flung the door open and his facial expression immediately changed. ''Junhyung?''

''Godmorning...'' Junhyung said quietly. Kikwang furrowed his brows and looked at his wristwatch. ''Uhh...what are you doing here so early?''

''Are you gonna let me explain it here?'' Junhyung asked annoyed.

''Sorry, bro. Come in''

Junhyung furrowed his brows and pushed him aside. ''You're starting to get really weird!''

''Well, I just woke up'' Kikwang closed the door and followed behind him to the livingroom.

''It has nothing to do with that!''

''Yah! Junhyung! What's with your attitude, huh!?''

Junhyung sighed ''I left home.''

''You did what?!''

Junhyung explained everything to Kikwang whe he calmed down.

''So now....aren't you going to return home?'' Kikwang asked.

''Never.''

''Which means that you're leaving the company too...right?''

''Of course.'' It became quiet for a minute. Kikwang then became worried of something. ''Then, do I still have my job?'' Kikwang worked at Mr.Yong's company as well. Junhyung shot him a glare. ''Why the would you lose your job?!''

''Yong uncle...is he mad at you?''

Junhyung sighed. ''Yes, he was furious.'' Kikwang started to bit his fingers. ''So that means we are screwed right?''

''Yah, why are you screwed?'' Junhyung gave him a confused look. ''I'm the one who have no where to go now! Why the are you worrying so much about yourself!?''

Kikwang rubbed his neck. ''Sorry bro, what do you plan to do now?''

''I have to find a job...'' Junhyung sighed. ''I have to start a new life.''

Kikwang's face suddenly brightened. ''Hey bro! Why don't you move in here? I have an extra room! Holy !! We can have parties every night!!''

 

Next day Junhyung searched for job everywhere but it was too hard to find one. No one gave him a job and Junhyung knew very well that his dad had something to do with this.

Mr.Yong called Kikwang and told him to come to his company. Kikwang was always afraid of Mr.Yong. His gaze always scared him althought he was like a second father to him.

''Uhm uhm..'' Kikwang made a little noise so that Mr.Yong would notice him. 10 minutes had passed and Kikwang was still standing infront of Mr.Yong who was busy with reading some papers and signing them.

''Uhm Uhm!'' He tried again. Mr.Yong slowly looked up from the papers and met eyes with him. ''Oh, you came?'' He said.

''Yeah for like 10 minutes ago...''

''You rascal! Why don't you say anything then?'' Mr.Yong said with his harsh voice. ''I-I said that I came but when you didn't hear, I assumed you were busy...that's why.''

''You should've said something! Why did you just stand there like a moron!?''

Kikwang sighed. ''Alright Yong uncle, I know that you're mad at me and I know that this fake marriage plan was my idea and I know that it's my fault.'' He then lifted his chin up. ''If you want I can write a resignation letter!'' He dramatically said. ''And-''

''Enough!'' Mr.Yong cut him off. ''I should kick your but I didn't call you because of that.'' He then lowered his voice. ''Where is he staying?''

''W-who is staying where?'' Kikwang acted dumb.

''Kikwang!'' Mr.Yong said with a warning tone. ''Don't play with me!''

''J-Junhyung...do you mean Junhyung?'' He stuttered and then swallowed hard. ''H-he's at my house'' Mr.Yong gave him a hard look.

Kikwang who saw this panicked. ''But! but but I swear to god I didn't call him, Yong uncle! I didn't even know about him leaving the house! I have nothing to do with this! Besides I said, go! go! to him!''

''Enough!'' Mr.Yong shouted annoyed.

''Yeah I told him too! I said bro, enough! that's your house! That's your mom and dad! Don't be a ungrateful child!' '' Kikwang continued with his lies.

''Alright son, alright! I got it, enough!''

''I said don't break their hearts, I said shame on you! I said to him how can you do this? How can y-''

''SHUT UP, KIKWANG!! SHUUTT UPP!!'' Kikwang jumped up from his loud voice. ''Get out! I have no time for your lies! OOUTT!''

''YES SIR!'' Kiwkang saluted and then quickly went out from his office.

 

 

Junhyung and Sooyun met each other at the cafeteria. ''Sorry for being late. I left the work late.''

''Work?'' Junhyung asked.

''Yes, I have started to work again.'' She smiled.

''In the factory?'' She nodded.

It became quiet for a second. Junhyung slowly looked at her. ''I miss you so much.''

''Me too...but please, don't talk about it. If it's possible, I wan't to leave now.''

Junhyung became a little angry. ''Can't we talk anymore??'' Sooyun sighed. ''Junhyung, the more we talk, the more we suffer''

''But I've important things to tell you.'' He then looked down at his hands. ''I left home...and the company.''

''What?'' Sooyun looked at him with furrowed brows. Junhyung smiled softly. ''I'm a free person now, I'm even searching for a new job without using my father's name''

''You didn't do this for me...right?'' She carefully asked.

''I did this for me''

Sooyun gave him a look. ''Junhyung, tell me the truth.''

Junhyung remained silence.

''Junhyung-''

''I can't deny the fact that I love you Sooyun, but believe in me. This is a new start for me and you're not the reason why I'm doing all this.''

Sooyun smiled at the new side of him. ''I hope you're telling me the truth.'' Sooyun's smile then quickly vanished as she remembered her reason to meet with him. ''Where's the papers that needs to be signed?''

''Here...'' Junhyung showed the two papers to her. One for her and one for him. ''When you sign this paper, everything will be completely over.''

Sooyun took the paper from him and looked through it. While Sooyun was reading it, Junhyung was gazing at her. He then slowly looked down at the papers she was holding. Sooyun was holding the pen and following the sentences with it while reading. Just one sign....and all of it would be over.

When Sooyun finished the text, she moved the pen from the text down to the long black line to sign it. Just when she placed her pen on the white paper to sign Junhyung quickly held her hand and stopped her. Sooyun slowly looked at Junhyung.

''I said...if you sign, everything will be over'' He whispered and looked into her eyes deeply. ''....don't''

''Junhyung-''

Junhyung swallowed hard. ''Don't sign it Sooyun. If you sign, I'll lose you forever.''

Sooyun's tears started to fell down. ''Don't do this to me. Can't you see how much I suffer?''

''I suffer too.''

''Trust me...'' She wiped her tears. ''....I want to rip this paper more than you, but I can't....you can't either.''

''There must be a way, there must be a solution''

Sooyun shook her head. ''You can't set the rules, Junhyung. This is not your game anymore, it's the life's.'' Sooyun gave him the papers back and got up from the cair. ''Call me when you really want me to sign it. Let this come to an end'' She then turned and walked out of the cafeteria.

 

 

Junhyung and Kikwang was at home, drinking their hot coffees. ''Now that we have become roomates, we have to talk about what we-'' Kikwang stopped talking when he noticed that Junhyung wasn't listening to him. ''Yah! You're not listening to me!?''

''I met with Sooyun today.'' Junhyung suddenly said. ''So that she could sign the divorce papers.''

Kikwang didn't like the mood so he quickly changed the subject. ''Uhm! However, should we get to the house talk again?'' Kikwang smiled at him but saw his sad face. ''Alright alright, it seems like I've to listen to your story. You can tell me now, I'm listening.''

Junhyung took a sip of his coffee and looked into the distance. ''She's getting further away from me, kikwang...''

''But Junhyung, here's no other solution to this.'' Kikwang said truthfully, but Junhyung didn't listen to him.

''It was like her eyes didn't look the same as before.'' He paused a little and then continued. ''She was infront of me but....it was like she was someone else'' He then looked at Kikwang and bitterly smiled. ''She wanted to leave as quickly as possible. She acted braver than me. At first I accepted, I said to myself 'let her sign and go' but then, while she was reading the paper....I caught myself gazing at her soft hair. I thought that I would never see that soft hair fly in the wind again.'' He then closed his eyes. ''My heart hurt so much that I...'' He opened his eyes and looked at Kikwang. ''....I stopped her. I didn't let her sign.''

''You can't go on like this Junhyung. Otherwise, how will this end?'' Kikwang said. Junhyung sighed and shook his head. ''I don't know, Kikwang.....I don't know how my life will work without her.''

1 hour later Junhyung and Kikwang decided to watch a movie. The room was dark and the only sound that came was from the TV. Out of nowhere Kikwang's cellphone started to ring. Kikwang took out the phone from his pocket and his eyes automatically turned to Junhyung as he saw who the caller was. Junhyung looked at Kikwang when his phone continued to ring.

''Who's that?'' He asked when he didn't answer it.

''Uhh...I don't pick up phones at this hours'' He then threw his phone aside and acted like he was watching the movie. The phone started to ring again. Kikwang bit his lip as Rina kept calling him.

''Yah! Answer it already, maybe it's something important?''

Kikwang gulped and nodded. ''Alright.'' He then slowly reached to his phone and got up from the couch. ''Uhm...I'll just talk in my room then, I'll be right back.''

Junhyung raised a brow at him. ''Since when did we started to hide things from each other?''

Kikwang let out an awkward laugh. ''Who said that bro? hahah of course not! Ehrr, look, I'll answer it right here.'' He then gulped and pressed the answer button.

''Hello?'' His voice came out so weak.

''Hey, what's going on Kikwang? Since when did you started to ignore my calls? Are you acting cool now? Huh?'' Rina said irritated.

''Ehhhh.....aunt'' Kikwang blurted.

''What?'' Junhyung turned to him with a confused look.

''Ehh... I didn't answer because I can't really talk right now.''

''Aunt? What aunt are you talking about?'' Rina grew annoyed.

''Oh aunt! I can't talk to you right now, please understand! Hang up!'' He quietly hissed.

''Ohh, aunt huh?! Listen to your aunt carefully then you idiot! You're dead Kikwang, do you hear me? Dead! Dead!''

''Hahahaha! You're so funny aunt!'' Kikwang looked at Junhyung and continued to laugh.

''Oh you think I'm funny?! Tell that who is with you that I'm going to ing kill her too when I'm done with you!!''

''Oh, I'll aunt, I'll!''

''And I thought that you had changed! YOU ING BASTARD!!'' Rina shut the phone and threw it to wall.

Kikwang slowly put his phone on the table and gulped. ''I'm so dead...''

''Huh?'' Junhyung gave him a strange look.

''Ehh I....I just missed my aunt so much.''

Junhyung furrowed his brows. ''You never told me that you had an aunt?''

''That's a long and sad story. It's between our family, that's why.....I'll tell you when it's the right time.''

''Okay.''

Kikwang got up from the couch. ''I feel terrible, I can't talk right now so I'll go and sleep. G-goodnight'' He quickly went to his room. Once Kikwang closed the door he quickly called Rina but her phone was turned off.

 

 

'I missed you so much'

Sooyun typed on her cellhpone but then erased it quickly.

'I can't stop thinking of you'

Junhyung started to type but then shook his head. ''What am I doing?''

'When I left, I realized that I left myself with you too'

Sooyun typed again.''No, not this.'' She erased it and started to type another.

'You took me with you too when you left me.' Junhyung wrote.

''Aisht!'' He threw the cellphone on the couch and messed his hair in frustration. He crossed his arms and looked at the ceiling. Slowly, his head turned to the phone on the couch. He looked at it for a few seconds and then couldn't control himself anymore. He quickly reached for it and dialed her number. When he was about to press the call button he thought of something. He quickly made his number anonymous so that she couldn't see that he was the one who was calling her. With a hard pounding heart he pressed the call button and lifted the phone to his ear. He started to listen to the signals. 1 signal....2 signal....3 si-

''Yeoboseyo?''

Junhyung's lips slowly turned into a soft smile as he heard her calm voice. He slowly closed his eyes as he listened to her without saying a word. It became quiet for a second and then...

''.........Junhyung?'' She whispered.

Junhyung opened his eyes as he heard his name from her lips. With a force Junhyung pressed the 'CANCEL' button and ended the call. Sooyun on the other her stared at her phone. Without thinking twice she called him.

Junhyung's phone started to ring. His heart started to pund harder as he saw her name on his phone. His hands started to sweat and he quickly brushed them on his jeans. He then cleared his throat and answered it.

''Yeah?'' He tried to sound hoarse.

Sooyun became surprised. ''Were you....sleeping?''

''Yes....I've to wake up early tomorrow'' He sounded calm. ''Is there something you want?''

''I...I....nothing'' She sighed. ''I called wrong person.......I-I was going to call....I was going to call....uhm....by the way, we're going to sign the divorce papers, you didn't forget right?''

''I didn't''

''W-well, alrigth then...''

''Alright then....goodnight.''

''Goodnight...'' She whispered. It became silent. ''...why don't you hang up?''

''Why don't you hang up?'' He asked back.

''Hang up, Junhyung...''

''Alright....I'm hanging up.'' He then slowly pressed the cancel button.

 

 

 

Kikwang slowly put the orange juice beside Junhyung who was busy with looking through the newspaper. ''Look bro, orange juice. Your favourite.'' Junhyung nodded and took a sip. Kikwang slowly cleared his throat.

'Uhm...I saw Junki last time. He hadn't changed at all!''

''Who didn't change?'' Junhyung didn't look up from the newspaper.

''Junki''

''Who is Junki?'' Junhyung furrowed his brows, still not looking at him.

''The one from high school, you know.''

''Oh, you mean Park Junki?'' Junhyung looked up and smiled.

''Yes! yes! Park Junki!'' Kikwang said. ''Uhm...he's busy with organizing a wedding.''

''Who's marrying with him?'' Junhyung asked as he turned to his newspaper again.

Kikwang shook his head. ''Aniyo, he's not the one who's marrying, it's his sister and you know what the shocking news is?''

''Hmm?'' Junhyung mumbled as he continued to look at the newspaper.

''The groom is Minhyuk!'' Kikwang said. ''Can you believe that??''

Junhyung suddenly became interested and looked at Kikwang. ''Minhyuk? You mean Junki's best buddy?''

''Yes! Yes! They were best buddies before and now Minhyuk became Junki's brother in law! Isn't that great?'' Kikwang carefully watched Junhyung's reaction but he didn't show any signs which made him even more nervous.

''Well, what can I say? I wish them happiness'' Junhyung just shrugged his shoulders.

Kikwang raised a brow. ''You say so? Yeah I said so too! I wished them happpiness but frankly speaking, at first I thought it was so ing wrong!'' He tested Junhyung. ''But then I thought...if they really love each other, why not? right? Am I wrong Junhyng? Am I wrong?''

''Yeah, you're right.''

''You think?'' Satisfied, he laid back on the couch with his arms back on his head. *Maybe, he'll accept me and Rina afterall* He grinned from ear to ear.

''But'' Junhyung suddenly said. ''If my buddy did the same thing to me, I would turn his life to hell!'' Junhyung pointed the pen he was holding at him. Kikwang's smile suddenly vanished as he looked at Junhyung in panic.

''But you would never do that to me'' Junhyung dropped the pen and smiled at him.

''I...I think I'm going to my room.'' Kikwang mumbled as he slowly got up from the couch.

 

 

 

 

1 week later...

 

Junhyung was outside Sooyun's house. Sooyun had the window open and were talking to him from up there.

''You knew that I couldn't make it, didn't you?'' Junhyung said.

''The path you had chose is not for you.'' Sooyun said truthfully.

Junhyung looked away. ''It's okay, say it''

Sooyun sighed. ''Go back to your home Junhyung. Don't pretend to be someone else.''

''I thought I could do it. I said to myself how hard could it even be? But I even screwed up everything on the first day. I can't even find a job, how pathetic is that?.'' He sighed. ''Maybe, the only right thing I can do in this life is to be the famous Mr.Yong's son.'' He smiled bitterly. ''You're right, my dad is right too. It's not a game...it's the real life, but I'm still trying to play a game.'' He then took out something from his jacket.

A paper...

He walked closer to the window and gave it to her. ''Come'on, sign it...let's end this.''

Sooyun took the pen from him and found her name at the end of the paper with a empty spot.

Junhyung slowly looked at the paper but couldn't see anyhting. Sooyun's hands trembled but she ignored it and quickly signed the paper. Junhyung closed his eyes in pain as he saw her sign it. She handed him the paper back.

''Go now...'' She whispered. ''Please...go'' She shut the window and closed the curtains.

Junhyung's tears started to fell down as he stared at her signature. His legs suddenly became weak and he slowly fell down on the ground as he cried.