Starting a New Life

Marriage Contract With The Walking

 Sooyun's eyes widened as she saw Junhyung carrying big boxes in to the house right infront of her house.

''Junhyung!? What are you doing here??'' She asked as she quickly went to him. Junhyung put down the big box he was holding and looked at her. ''I'm not playing a a game anymore, from now on I'm going to live here.''

''What do you mean by live here from now on?'' She angrily asked. ''What's this supposed to mean?''

''As I said, I'm going to start a new life''

''Couldn't you find another place to start your new life?!'' She snapped. Junhyung shrugged his shoulders. ''Well, I liked this place best''

''Junhyung, don't make me go crazy!'' She angrily glared at him. Junhyung softly smiled at her. ''That would be the last thing I would want'' Sooyun took a deep breath. ''Look Junhyung, I'm saying this for the last time. Leave!''

Junhyung crossed his arms and looked at her determined. ''I want to live here and I will! You better get used to it.''

''Alright do whatever you want to do! I don't care anymore!'' She pushed him aside as she walked away. Junhyung smiled secretly and lifted up the box again but saw Alec a few meters away. He narrowed his eyes as Alec came closer and closer to him. When he stood infront of Junhyung they stared at each other for a second with scary eyes.

''You just don't give up, don't you?'' Alec suddenly broke the silence. ''You were almost killing her father and now you're moving right infront of their house?'' Junhyung clenched his jaw tightly as he tried to control himself. Alec smirked and started to walk backwards as he spoke. ''You know...slowly and slowly she'll start to hate you more and more.'' He then turned back and walked away.

 

Junhyung carried all of his stuff into the new house. The livingroom of the house wasn't even the size of his bedroom in his old house, but he tried his best to get used to it. 3-4 hours later when he had finished the house, he went to the kitchen to drink a glass of water. He saw a few plates and glasses in the sink that needed to be washed.

''Oh great, do I have to wash these things?'' He asked himself. He made a disgust face as he walked closer to the sink. ''A new life means no maids. You better start to get used to it Junhyung...'' He then carefully started to wash the plates.

''PAATT!!''

''!'' He cursed as he broke a glass. When he was done with the dish-washing he quickly dried the floor that became wet due to his washing skills. His back hurt as hell as he was done with the kitchen. He went to the livingroom and threw himself on the couch.

''I better not eat much from now on!'' He closed his eyes and sighed. He was so tired and wanted to sleep. He then thought of Sooyun and opened his eyes. He went up from the couch, ignoring the pain on his back and looked out from the window. Her room was dark.

1 hour passed and Junhyung was still looking at her window. Althought he saw her this morning, he missed her so much. Suddenly the lights in her room . Junhyung's eyes widened as he saw her shadow through her curtain. His heart started to beat fast as he saw her hand reaching for the curtains....but she didn't open it. He then saw the lights turn off and he couldn't see her anymore.

 

2 long days...it went two long days since Junhyung last saw Sooyun. This past two days he was always looking through the window to her house. He knew that she was in her room and he knew that she was behind the curtain...but she never showed her face. The only thing he could see was her black shadow.

It was dark and no one was outside. Just like yesterday, he was by the window, waiting to see Sooyun again. Hours passed but he still waited but just like the other days...she never opened the curtains.

*I guess it's really over for her....*

With a broken heart he reached for the curtain to close it, but then something caught his eyes. He slowly let go of the curtain and looked at her window. He could see her behind the curtain again...

Sooyun slowly lifted her hand up and held the curtain. She swallowed hard and with a shaking hand, she opened the curtain.

Junhyung's eyes widened and his heart started to beat dangerously faster as he met her eyes.

 

 

Next morning when Sooyun was waiting for the bus to go to the work, Junhyung appeared out of nowhere.

''Sooyun, can we talk''

''No, I don't have time.'' She looked away.

''The bus is not here yet, Sooyun.''

''Then I'm taking the taxi.'' She started to walk but he quickly held her arm and spun her around. She sighed and gave up ''What do you want?''

''You opened your window and looked at me last night'' He said. ''So? Can't I look out from my window?'' She raised a brow.

''You were looking at me for 30 minutes without looking away'' He crossed his arms.

''And you're trying to say?'' She furrowed her brows.

''You can't forget me.''

''I think you're just imagining things.''

''I think I'm saying the truth. I've made a promise to you, do you remember? Until death do us apart.''

''Finished?'' She asked as he became quite. He shook his head and stared at her. ''It's not finished, it'll last forever.'' She froze for a second and stared back at his dark eyes. With a last stare she turned away from him and walked away.

 

 

Kikwang and Junhyung ate pizza at Junhyung's place. Junhyung took a big piece of his pizza and looked at Kikwang. ''Hey, you never used to bring food to me''

''I was going to eat this by myself at home but then thought, why not eat with you?'' Kikwang drank his coke.

''You're starting to become very emotional, what's up?''

''We're getting old, bro.'' Kikwang said, which made Junhyung look weirdly at him. Then suddenly Junhyung thought of something.

''Hey, Kikwang? Why isn't there a girl in your life? It's been a while, you know.''

Kikwang choked on his pizza and started to cough badly. ''Uhm! Uh.....I... sort of..uhm...I...'' He then gave up. ''Screw that.''

''Come'on tell me, I'm curious. You used to always hang out with different girls every night, so what happened? You haven't slept with someone for a long time, am I right?''

''Don't mind me. How's your big plan going?'' He changed the subject. Junhyung shook his head and took a bite of the pizza. ''No progress.''

''Well, if you sit here of course there'll be no progress. You've to always be around her!'' Junhyung nodded. ''You're right.''

 

 

That night Junhyung, Kikwang and Sooyun's brother Hojun was at Junhyung's place and drinking. Junhyung and Hojun was already drunk, while Kikwang was a little sober. Hojun lifted his glass up. ''To everyone who love and can't be together!''

''And to people who love and can't confess!'' Kikwang joined. ''CHEERS!'' Junhyung shouted with his drunk voice and all of them sipped their drinks.

''Sooyun doesn't understand me!'' Junhyung blurted out.

Kikwang nodded. ''Yeah, and Rina....I don't understand her!''

''Why is my wife always complaining man! I'm sick, I'm sick of it!'' Hojun furrowed his brows.

''Sooyun as well! She alwaaays aaalllwaayyyss have something to say!''

''Yees, Rina is like that tooo man!'' Kikwang complained but Junhyung and Hojun wasn't even listening to him. ''Heey! Haloo? Who am I talking to! Psshtt!''

''Hey why are we sitting here, Junhyung??'' Hojun looked at him. Junhyung nodded. ''You'ree righhtt! The house is right heeere! Let's go!''

''Yeahh...I should call Rina then!'' Kikwang said to them but both of them got up and leaved Kikwang alone in the livingroom, without looking at him.

''Yah! Junhyuuung! I say Rinaaa!...Do you hear me?...!'' Kikwang got annoyed and exploded. ''RIINAAA!! I SAY THAT I'LL CALL RIIINAAA!! YOUR SISTER, YAH! WHO AM I TALKING TO! YAH JUN-''

Junhyung suddenly walked in to the living room with pinched eyebrows. ''What did you say? Did you call me...?'' Kiwkang's eyes widened as he looked at him. ''N-noo...I didn't say anything...'' Junhyung nodded and went out from the house.

When Junhyung stood infront of Sooyun's house, he found a small stone on the ground an threw it on her window.

''Sooyun! I'm angry at you!'' He said, when she opened the window. Sooyun sighed and looked at him. ''Yah! Aren't you gooing to ask why??'' He furrowed his brows but she just looked at him.

''Weeelll...if you're not asking then I'm telling you why!'' He couldn't even stand still. ''Your attitude towards meee today made me veeeerryyyy angry and....suddenly-''

Sooyun shut the window without listening to him. ''Heeey! Why are you doing thiiss!??'' He shouted but she didn't open the window. ''Aishtt!''

 

Junhyung and Hojun returned home. Hojun's wife was angry at him, so she didn't let him enter the house while Junhyung failed to talk with Sooyun. Kikwang and Hojun decided to sleep at Junhyung's place that night.

''How the will I sleep with this spinning head??'' Hojun threw himself on the couch.

''She's not listening to me. How will I explain myself to her?'' Junhyung sighed. Kikwang yawned and closed his eyes. ''Write a letter...'' He whispered as he fell asleep.

''Letter?'' Junhyung repeated as his lips curved into a smile. He quickly went up from the couch to find a paper and pen.

 

Next morning, Junhyung waited for Sooyun outside her work place. He saw her coming with her sister in law. When Sooyun saw Junhyung, she stopped walking. ''Go talk with him'' Her sister in law said to her. Sooyun sighed and went over to Junhyung. ''Junhyung-''

''Don't say anything. I'm not here to talk.'' Junhyung cut her off.

''Why did you come?'' She asked. Junhyung looked down at the red letter on his hands. He slowly lifted it up and gave it to her.

''What's this Junhyung?'' She gave him a look. ''Isn't it obvious?'' He asked back.

''I can't take this.''

Junhyung furrowed his brows. ''Why is that?''

''Because I know what it says in there'' She was going to go when Junhyung quickly held her by the arm. ''No, you don't know.''

''Trust me, It'll just hurt us even more if I read it.''

Junhyung shook his head and looked at her. ''If you read the letter, I'll be happy.''

''Maybe for a second, but then you'll wait for my response, I'm not going to respond because I'm going to be hurt and then you'll also be hurt. In the end, both uf us will suffer.'' She pulled his hand away from her arm and walked away.

 

 

''If she doesn't talk with you, don't be surprised.'' The nurse said to Sooyun as they walked to the room 314. ''She doesn''t even talk with her family.'' She continued and then pointed to the door. ''That's her room.''

''Thank you.'' Sooyun bowed as the nurse leaved. Sooyun softly knocked on the door and then went in. She sat on the chair beside the hospital bed and looked at the girl's pale face. The girl was moving back and forth on the bed as she was looking at the wall.

''I'm sorry....'' Sooyun said, but she didn't look at her.

''I'm sorry, Ara...'' Sooyun held her hand. ''Please, forgive me....I didn't mean to take him from you. I was forced to, then I liked him and fell in love.'' Sooyun stared at her for a moment. ''You know what love means....I didn't know and I learned it, but loving him brought me only pain and it still does.'' Sooyun lowered her head.

Ara suddenly lifted Sooyun's chin up and smiled at her warmly. ''You've a beautiful face.....what's your name?''

Sooyun looked at Ara with wide eyes as she was smiling at her and her cheek gently.

 

 

2 hours later when Sooyun came home, her niece gave her a red letter. ''Sooyun noona! Junhyung-hyung wanted me to give this to you.'' Sooyun sighed and took the letter from him.

''You never give up, do you?'' She mumbled as she stared at the letter.

''He said, tell her that I'll never give up!'' Her niece suddenly said.

''Hey! Are you still here?'' She playfully hit his and he quickly ran away. Sooyun then looked at the letter in her hand and sighed. She slowly opened the envelope and then saw his name on the front. Without reading she quickly put the paper back into the envelope and went out from the house.

Sooyun knocked on Junhyung's door and when he opened it, she stared at him. ''I love you...''

''What!?'' His eyes widened.

''I'm in love with you...''

Junhyung couldn't believe what he was hearing. ''Y-you? Did you like my letter so much?'' He smiled widely and reached to her, but Sooyun stopped him. Junhyung furrowed his brows. ''Normally, at this point...shouldn't we hug and kiss each other?''

''Can you listen to me?'' She said seriously. ''I'm not saying all of this in vain. The problem is not that I love you....yes, I never loved anyone like this, yes, I suffer when I'm without you, I even force myself to not hug and kiss you.''

''Then, what are you waiting for?''

''No, I can't'' She shook her head.

''Why?''

''You know the reason.''

''But-''

''There's no but, Junhyung. You know what happened to my father.''

Junhyung sighed. ''There must be a way to make him accept us.'' Sooyun took out the red letter from her pocket and threw it away.

''What-?'' Junhyung looked at Sooyun and then at the red letter that was flying in the blue sky.

''There's no way Junhyung...we should let the wind take us to different paths, just like the letter...''