Chapter 8

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During the bus ride to the housing location, Taeyeon was sitting alone at the very back while Tiffany was pulled away by her boyfriend and was now forced to sit next to him. Tiffany struggled from Jisoo's grip but the latter wouldn't budge.

"Oh come on, Tiff. It wasn't even that big of a deal. Stop acting and playing hard to get." Jisoo said.

Tiffany's eyes widened, her face turning red. "Excuse me? Me? Playing hard to get? Acting? Please Jisoo, you know why and what happened so don't turn the story around. Just please leave me alone. I need some time."

"We are not done yet, Tiffany. Not yet." Jisoo whispered so the others wouldn't hear him. Tiffany shivered in fear. 

Tiffany glanced over at her friends who doesn't seem to care at all. Tiffany sighed and pleaded some more. "Please, just let me go. I want to sit comfortably and I really need time to think." Tiffany felt Jisoo's hand loosening so she took that chance and walked over to the empty seat in front of Taeyeon.

Taeyeon heard everything but like always didn't do anything even if she wanted to punch Jisoo on the face so bad. She didn't even notice how hard she's clenching her hands until Tiffany sat in front of her and she felt a stinging pain on her palms.

Not long after, they arrived at the location. There were already other volunteers from different organizations and workers who started with the house buildings.

*****

[Tiffany]

What a way to start my day. Seriously. Where is peace in this world?! Can't i have a quiet day where no one is bothering me, dragging me or whatever. This is so tiring. So tiring.

I hate the fact that Jisoo is acting like he didn't do anything wrong at all. Gosh. What a jerk. Like what am I? Just his trophy girlfriend that he can flaunt while he do his stuff behind my and the public's eyes. It's not like I care that much really. Or do I? I don't know. I mean, I did have feelings for him before but it seemed like it just drifted away. I can't even remember the last time my heart fluttered because of him. 

I'm just glad that I was able to get out of him. Weirdly, i felt myself relaxed as i got closer to Taeyeon. Or maybe i was just thinking that because I was able to get away from Jisoo and my friends? Whatever the reason is, thanks to that.

I saw people are already working at the location. Hmmm. Seems like they have a lot of volunteers who come here.

Once, we got down of the bus, we were asked to line up a cording to our buddy system. So, here I am nervously standing next to Taeyeon who seems to be thinking of something. Something too deep.

We were given some coveralls to change into and were given instructions as well as to how we would be able to help and all. After some safety precautions and instructions, we were led to a place where we could change. 

Taeyeon told me I could go first. So, I did. After I am done, it was her turn. Oh boy. This can't be. Why are there butterflies in my stomach upon seeing her? She looks pretty even in dull, boring coveralls. Wow. 

She stood next to me and that's when i realized that she's been waiting for me. Right. We have to make sure that we are together at all times. We are supposed to help in carrying concrete blocks, put them in wheel barrows and bring it to the sites as well as pick up debris scattered and such. They wouldn't want to make us do heavier stuff such as dealing with the cement and placing of the concrete blocks and such. Not that i mind though. I'd rather carry these stuff and bring it where it is needed than place and actually build the house and make a mistake.

I was surprised when Taeyeon handed me a pair of gloves. 

"Use this. You're going to get your hand injured and wounded if you carry those bare handed." She spoke lowly, like she is whispering, rather emotionless but her eyes seemed to say otherwise. I mean, there's something else behind her expressionless face. 

"Thank you. Uhm. What about you?" I said in reply.

She raised her hands and showed me that she was already wearing hers. It was blue. Mine is... Whoah. Pink. I smiled as I realized my gloves is pink in color. Oh, I can definitely work now.

We started piling up the blocks on the wheelbarrow and started pushing it to our first location. But halfway to the location, I was dragged by two hands. Ugh. Why do people keep on dragging me? Like, excuse me? You can just call on me and talk to me?! No need to drag and pull me. I am not a doll or whatever toy.

I ly to see it was Sunny and Jessica. I glared at them. And then I turned and mentally cursed and knocked my head. I saw Taeyeon dusting herself off as she stands up from the ground. Damn it. She probably got off balanced due to the sudden heaviness of the barrow.

"What do you need?" I asked angrily.

"What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter