Chapter 5

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Tiffany]

I stood frozen in place, still trying to comprehend what is going on. Am I dreaming? Did I really hear it right? Me? Her? Seatmates? My...my partner for the whole trip? I shook my head lightly as i try to clear my mind. I can feel my heart thumping. Well, surprisingly, I like...no. I love the idea of being partnered with her. Maybe, this is my chance to get to know her better. That is if it would be okay with her.

I saw her walk past by me. She didn't even look over my direction. Great. Maybe she is burdened by this arrangement instead of feeling at least a bit relieved? Happy or at least okay with this buddy system created by Ms. Cho? I sighed. I was about to step into the bus when I heard my name being called. I turned to my left to see Jisoo running and smirking at me. The hell? I rolled my eyes before going inside the bus and went straight to the back. Yup! Taeyeon and I are seated at the very back. And I don't even know why.

She's already seated by the window with her eyes closed and earphones plugged in. She seems relaxed this way. Jisoo called out my name again. Ugh. I turned around and gave him a small smile before sitting down and making myself comfortable. I don't understand how he could just act like nothing is wrong between us. He should become an actor. He is too good in putting up an act.

I adjusted myself and settled down, stealing glances at the person next to me. I was brought back to reality when I heard Ms. Cho's voice.

"Okay. It seems like we are only missing one or two of you. We will wait for another five to ten minutes and we will head on to the airport. Now, remember...once we get to the airport you will line up in a buddy system to make it easier for us as we check-in and do head counts. No horseplays and please do as we say. Don't worry about your luggages, it will be taken care of for you. Remember, always pair up with your partner."

I listened closely not wanting to miss any details just to make sure. But, my partner seems to not care at all. Oh well. As long as we won't be left behind, that would be good. Few minutes later, I felt the bus moving. I closed my eyes as I try to rest my mind and eyes. I can't remember how long i have had my eyes closed but I was startled when I heard the teachers' loud voices trying to calm and quiet down everyone. I looked through the window and saw that we were finally at the airport.

As everyone started to descend the bus, I looked to my side and saw her brushing her fingers through her hair. Oh gosh. That sight. How could someone get more beautiful each time? Aish. I shook my head, wanting to slap my face to wake me up from my weird thoughts.

As we filed into two lines, we followed the teachers and we were right away checked-in and boarded to the plane. They said that the flight would be about three and a half hours long. After another head count, we were guided to board the plane. And, just like the seating plan on the bus, Taeyeon and I were seated last. 

I saw my friends looking at me as I pass through their seats, giving me a look, a glare. Why? Sometimes, I don't get them. Like, do I even have a choice right now? Sigh. I am trying to put my book bag at the compartment but for some reason I am having difficulty in doing so. Ugh. This is so frustrating. I heard someone call my name that I forgot I was still trying to put my bag in the compartment until i felt it about to fall on my head.

I felt a sudden surge of electricity from my hand and traveled through my whole body. Oh gosh. I felt myself blushing hard when I looked to my other side and saw who's hand was it who brushed against mine and helped me with my bag. Taeyeon. She easily put my bag in there followed by hers and nodded at me. I feel so lost. She offered me the window seat and I bowed at her as a sign of thanks before I moved to settle down when i heard my name being called again. Someone pulled my arm before I could even turn my head. I saw her frowned and took the window seat, putting on her earphones before closing her eyes. 

"Stop. Why are you dragging me?" I said, after getting back to reality.

He smirked at me. "Shhhh. Just come with me. "

"Stop it, Jisoo. Let go of me. Just please leave me alone."

"What's your problem, huh? You know you want it too. Come on. We'll be quick, i promise."

I pushed him hard, away from me. "You're disgusting. Please just leave me alone. I can't believe you're doing this to me."

"You know what, go ahead. Suit yourself. Like i car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter