Chapter 19

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taeyeon]

 

She looks so beautiful. No matter what time of the day, what she's wearing, smiling or not... She is such a beauty. I swallowed as I found myself so close to her. Her face just a few inches to mine and I let my eyes trace every feature of her face.

 

I found myself brushing her bangs aside, and smiled shyly at her. "You know, you're really beautiful Pani." I felt myself blushing at my own words. "And I mean it."

 

I see her face turning pink. I chuckled. "You're so cute Pani ah." She playfully shoved my shoulders as I continue to laugh.

 

"Yah TaeTae stop laughing at me! What's so funny anyway?" She sulked and pouted.

 

"Nothing. You're just too cute. Stop sulking now will you?" I can't help but chuckle at her cuteness as she continued to sulk. "Fine. Okay no more. I won't laugh at you anymore." I raised both my hands in surrender and showed my most innocent face to her. Gosh. I can't believe I'm acting this way. All because of her. Just for her.

 

She turned her back on me, still sulking like a kid, arms crossed. "Oh come one. Pani! Pani Pani Pani Pani!" I moved closer to her. "Paniiiiiiiiiiii..." I whined or should I say I tried acting and talking cutely?

 

Is she really mad at me? Uh-oh. "Pani ah." Still no response. "Hey..." Still nothing." Now, this is making me nervous.

 

"Pani? Pani, I'm sorry. I'll stop now. I won't annoy and laugh at you anymore." I am feeling really worried. Did I go too far?

 

“It’s okay. I’m sorry.”  I heard her mumble, I can’t almost hear her.

 

“Why? I’m sorry Pani ah.” I apologized yet again as I am feeling really guilty now.

 

“It’s okay. It’s not really like that.” I heard her sigh. “I’m sorry TaeTae. It’s not your fault.”

 

Aha! Finally she turned around to face but I can see her eyes glistening. “Pani ah…”

 

“I miss them TaeTae.” And she broke down. I just reached for her and hugged her tight. I couldn’t do anything myself to get us out of this place and the only thing I know I can do is to make sure that she gets out of here safe back to where she really belongs.

 

That thought somehow made me feel this jabs in my heart. What would happen to us if we ever get away from this place? Would things stay the same? Or would we go back to how we were? Were all of these happening just because it is what the moment is asking for and for us to survive and nothing else?

 

For the first time in my life, I am feeling scared. Can I keep you this close to me Pani?

“Shhh. It’s okay Pani. I’ll make sure to bring you back to them. I promise you that. I swear on my own life.” I felt her pulling back.

 

“TaeTae!” She yelled at me and I was caught off guard.

 

“What? Why?” I am confused; one moment we were laughing the next she was really sad and now she’s what? Mad?

 

“Don’t say things like that! I don’t like it. If I leave this place and found a way to get home, you’re coming with me. Understand?”

 

And now she’s pouting? Seriously, just how fast can her mood change? I shook my head. “Fine. I’m sorry. But I mean it. Everything that I have said…” She tilted her head, with a questioning look on her face. “I mean everything, every word Pani. From you being beautiful to my promise to you right now.” I can feel my face getting red.

 

Thankfully, I don’t think I’m the only who blushed at that cringing things I have just said. That seems to have ended this conversation. She sat next to me and leaned her head on my shoulder.

 

“TaeTae…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

I can feel her fidgeting next to me. “What is it?”

 

“Will you hug me to sleep tonight?” She shifted in her position and sat up straight, turning her head to the opposite directi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter