Chapter 16

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Taeyeon]

I think we've walked a bit far from the shore already. We are discovering new plants and trees that seemed edible. But,those aren't seen near the shore so I guess if we wanted some of these, we would have to come back here.

Tiffany is so charming and beautiful. She gets excited over the littlest things that at some point I still find it hard to believe that someone like her would be as appreciative of these kinds of things as she is right now. I mean, well, I know we were both from at least a bit well-off family. But, she's one of the popular girls in school. Popular girls doesn't like getting dirty. They don't like touching things like plants. They only care of fixing theirselves, trying to look like clowns, i mean their best as they said using their cosmetics. They only worry of looking beautiful for others and maintaining that status of theirs.

But, Tiffany... I guess I was wrong. I misjudged her. Indeed, we shouldn't really judge anyone especially those of whom we don't really personally know. 

She looks so carefree right now. She asked me to put her down as she saw a butterfly flew past us. She giggled like a little girl, trying to catch the butterfly. Afraid that I might lose her, I followed her around as she followed the now flutter of butterflies. I was too busy looking at her, as I also tried to make sure to pay attention to the path we were taking not wanting to get lost on our way back, that I didn't realize where it got us. 

I heard Tiffany gasped. It alarmed me as it brought me back from my daydreaming. Yes. I was daydreaming yet again; of how I get to hug her, do things for her, talk to her without getting awkward, and just be open with her...all because she is mine. I know, it probably won't even happen but hey, they said it's free to dream and to wish right?

I didn't realize that she ran farther than I thought until I felt myself catching my breath and gasped as I saw what was laid before our eyes. I sighed in both relief and awe. We were brought to a somewhat open field full of blooming flowers. I guess I was just standing on my spot, frozen because I suddenly felt the warmth of her hand on my wrist as she dragged me along with her.

"Taeyeon ah, faster. Look it's so pretty! There are a lot of flowers and butterflies here." She squealed in excitement. 

I let her to drag me as I enjoy the warmth of her soft hand which suddenly slid down from my wrist in to my hand. I felt her gripping on it a bit tighter this time as she run along the field, bringing me with her.

"Wow. This is so amazing." Tiffany exclaimed as she knelt down to pick a flower. A pink one to be exact. I shouldn't be surprised right? Her love for pink.

I felt a bit disappointed when her hand left mine, but I plastered a smile as she called me. I knelt down next to her, admiring the beauty before our eyes.

"I thought you said you're scared of bugs?" I suddenly asked out of the blue. I wanted to smack myself as I thought it'll just get her upset or she might get the wrong idea as I questioned her.

She looked at me with that beautiful eyesmile and I felt my breath hitched. "I am. But, this place is so wonderful. I didn't know something like this exists. What do you think?"

"I am surprised too. I mean, i thought all we're gonna see in here would be endless trees and such. And you're right. This place is wonderful." I smiled back to her.

I just trailed behind Tiffany as she continues to explore the field with so much enthusiasm and joy. The sound of her giggles and laughters and that smile that never left her face... It was priceless. I wouldn't exchange this moment for anything.

"I'm tired." Tiffany said, as she found a place under a tree and she sat under it.

I could only chuckle at her. She was sweating, catching her breath, yet still mesmerizing. I sat next to her after she called me and patted the spot next to her.

Then, she laid down. On the grass. Not caring at all. Is this really how she is? I watched her as she closed her eyes. Not being able to control myself, I brought my hand and slowly wiped her sweat away with the back of my hand.

I startled her. Her eyes fluttered open, wide in surprise. "You're so sweaty." I said casually as I continue to wipe, this time with my shirt. I guess she wanted to say something as opened and then closed then opened again and closed again. I just smiled at her. A real smile.

I can see her cheeks flushing pink, not sure if it was because of the heat or because she was blushing. 

I laid down next to her, just a few inches away. I felt my heart racing, pounding so hard that I wouldn't be surprised if it suddenly jumps out of my chest.

"Thank you. Thank you Taeyeon ah." I heard her say as I closed my eyes too.

"For what?"

"For uhm... Everything. I mean, you forgave me and you've been taking care of me. Thank you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter